Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6395 6396 [6397] 6398 6399 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439611 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95940 on: August 02, 2015, 01:13:32 am »

-snip-
No offense, but have you tried not reacting to pranks like that? I find that getting angry at pranks doesn't do much but show people that they can get a reaction out of you, and thus makes them prank you again later. On the other hand doing it, saying "oh. here you go." in a very dull, uninterested voice, and then handing it back to them tends to put a damper on any fun they might be having at your expense pretty quickly.

In a lot of ways prankers are like trolls. If you ignore them, and purposely give them as little of a reaction as possible, then it takes all the fun out of their pranks and they stop doing it, doubly so because showing someone that they aren't getting a reaction is much easier when you're actually in the same room as them instead of just not posting. (Bonus points if you are so good at not reacting that you can convince them that their prank is broken. :P)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95941 on: August 02, 2015, 01:15:34 am »

This was my Mom, not a 14 yr old internet troll. She was actually sincerely sorry for doing that, cause I'm always losing my temper with her nowadays, but the point is that I'm angry and sad that I lost my temper again. I feel I shouldn't have such a reaction to stupid stuff like that.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95942 on: August 02, 2015, 01:18:39 am »

My point is more that it doesn't matter how old a pranker is; the rules are still the same. And reacting with pranks with a deadpan is often the first step to learning how to turn a prank back on the prankster, while doubling as a nice way to ensure that you don't lose your temper when they happen.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95943 on: August 02, 2015, 01:37:28 am »

Please don't be dense with me Roy. It wasn't the prank, it was jovial and fun, and my Mom is always trying to be jovial and fun with me now that she's not a healthy bitch anymore, and I'm not small and weak enough to be punished or yelled at anymore. Even if her attitude has changed, my toleration of her bullshit is weighed down by a ton of hard long-standing grudges, and I have to work hard to maintain my tolerance.

My tolerance was broken momentarily by the zappo lighter, and now my knuckles are skinned.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95944 on: August 02, 2015, 02:44:58 am »

Fucking puppy barking at father and brother when they get home, barks at us when we fuss at her, stands two yards away and just growls at us. Barks at goddamn everything holy fucking shit barkbarkbark. Wake us all up in the middle of the night.

Dog is broken. I want a refund. No I don't want it fixed
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #95945 on: August 02, 2015, 03:52:48 am »

Sorry Eric, puppies are in need of regular maintenance to not break. Puppy malfunction is not puppy's fault.                       
Love, scriver~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95946 on: August 02, 2015, 07:02:03 am »

Went to third base in front of a church yesterday. Why is this in the sad thread? Well, she still won't make up her mind - even though deep down she probably already knows what to do.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95947 on: August 02, 2015, 07:26:34 am »

Jesus Christ, I need to lose some weight. My waist is about 110 cm.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #95948 on: August 02, 2015, 09:12:05 am »

Apparently my latest potential romantic interest is not as interested in me as her family is. Oh well. At least I found out early before building my hopes up.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #95949 on: August 02, 2015, 09:19:02 am »

Did her family try to set the two of you together, or something? Or did they just like you in general?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95950 on: August 02, 2015, 11:18:21 am »

Lost another kitten last night. Little calico girl. Five left...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95951 on: August 02, 2015, 11:19:06 am »

... D:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95952 on: August 02, 2015, 11:19:56 am »

gogdamm helgo this is germany what's it with you and hockey metaphors

what does it even mean

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95953 on: August 02, 2015, 12:44:19 pm »

Third base is when the puck slides into the goal net and you get a home run.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #95954 on: August 02, 2015, 12:48:51 pm »

DArt page hit 10k views today. I don't have much to show for it, or any way to celebrate it really, haven't really made anything substantial in a month it feels. Goddamn this summer slump, all the free time in the world but zero willpower to do anything but the barest minimum required to survive. The constant lack of sleep doesn't help one bit either.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 6395 6396 [6397] 6398 6399 ... 8167