Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6375 6376 [6377] 6378 6379 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432878 times)

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95640 on: July 28, 2015, 01:37:43 pm »

* Arx clears throat.

IF I WANTED TO TAKE A DESIGN COURSE I WOULD HAVE SIGNED UP FOR AN DESIGN COURSE YOU .

Things I do not expect to need a working knowledge of in biology: fluid dynamics, architecture, construction budgeting, effluent treatment.

I'm not angry about this at all.

How artistic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95641 on: July 28, 2015, 01:39:51 pm »

Mine does that too, constantly. She bops everything. And rolls over on her back and demands belly rubs and wiggles and whimpers and licks the air or your face or jumps up to bop you in the nose if you're standing up and not petting her enough. Every bit as needy as she is adorable, basically.

On topic.
I'm currently on hold to find out what the fuck is wrong with these debt collectors/colleges and why my transcript isn't being released what with everything being paid last month. I would rage, if I were permitted to.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95642 on: July 28, 2015, 01:41:53 pm »

Yeah but that was because people though it would make computers turn into flaming cyborg demons because they can't count.

I mean, seriously, how ignorant does one have to be to have believed that Y2K theories had any basis in fact? The nearest leap in logic should be "Computers that didn't account for years past 1999 might have minor display problems", not "the computer systems ruling the entire world will collapse and leave civilization in ruins".

Actually, as I think about it, the entire thing is dumb. It would be more work to make any sort of glitch happen relating to the year 2000, or any year.

Code: [Select]
if(date == January 1st && time == 12:01AM):
    year++;

I don't know much about programming operating systems, but I can't imagine the calendar year being any more difficult than that.

I wasn't really old enough to remember people's exact worries, but I think that a lot of the worry had to do with financial systems and debt and stuff like that, rather than computers blowing up or something like that. And the issue with the Y2K bugs were that the operating systems stored times since 1970. Computers were only able to store numbers so large, so when you got the largest number that could be stored, it would roll back around and all the computers would think it was 1970 again. The code that had to be applied to fix those issues was a bit more than that.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95643 on: July 28, 2015, 01:42:46 pm »

Sads because I realized I might be the only person here that has actual similarity to a sheep <:v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95644 on: July 28, 2015, 01:49:52 pm »

I got my watch at what amounts to a jeweller, and they removed some of the metal thingies to make it fit my thin wrists.
You could go to a jeweler and ask them if they could do it for you.
This.

Think that's what I'll go with, cheers.

Now if I can just figure out how to stop it beeping every hour on the hour...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #95645 on: July 28, 2015, 02:12:53 pm »

I've felt the same way, often.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #95646 on: July 28, 2015, 02:18:11 pm »

Break the beeper. Nobody needs those things anyway. Your smartphone does all the beeping necessary.

Current panic mode: Financial crisis, will die of starvation/exposure during loan repayment because nobody ever responds to my job applications, family will end up paying it, they will spit on my grave. @_@
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95647 on: July 28, 2015, 02:22:59 pm »

Break the beeper. Nobody needs those things anyway. Your smartphone does all the beeping necessary.

Ah yes, the 'hit it with a hammer' approach. It's worked for millions of years; may as well continue tradition.

Current panic mode: Financial crisis, will die of starvation/exposure during loan repayment because nobody ever responds to my job applications, family will end up paying it, they will spit on my grave. @_@

Have you tried begging family/friends/neighbours for a job? That's how I got mine.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #95648 on: July 28, 2015, 02:40:33 pm »

Just found out that we're laying off a ton of people on this account in Panama and Costa Rica. These are some good, hard-working people and they already get paid considerably less than I do, and now I guess some fucking bean-counter has decided that even that's too expensive. That's all anybody in business knows how to do anymore -- cut, cut, cut. Just because layoffs typically boost the stock price for a little while. We've lost so many people that it's getting hard to get anything DONE.

Fuck capitalism, or at least the short-sighted, masturbatory way it's practiced by MBA fucktards in the Fortune 500.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #95649 on: July 28, 2015, 02:41:56 pm »

The hinges of my laptop have now completely died (The fucking assembly popped out of the casing...I'm not even entirely sure how that's possible but it's sitting on my desk). They've been fucky for a while but now it's completely dead. Can still use it, but it's awkward.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #95650 on: July 28, 2015, 02:50:54 pm »

Woke up feeling sick with anxiety. I know I'm overreacting and am trying to calm myself down.

Just found out that we're laying off a ton of people on this account in Panama and Costa Rica. These are some good, hard-working people and they already get paid considerably less than I do, and now I guess some fucking bean-counter has decided that even that's too expensive. That's all anybody in business knows how to do anymore -- cut, cut, cut. Just because layoffs typically boost the stock price for a little while. We've lost so many people that it's getting hard to get anything DONE.

Fuck capitalism, or at least the short-sighted, masturbatory way it's practiced by MBA fucktards in the Fortune 500.
Hear, hear.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 01:16:54 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #95651 on: July 28, 2015, 04:05:00 pm »

My sister got hit by a car crossing the street today. She's in the hospital with multiple broken bones, fractures, some internal bleeding...sounds like she'll make it but she's pretty seriously messed up.

Nothing I can really do for her but hope, at least for now. :(
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #95652 on: July 28, 2015, 04:19:51 pm »

My sister got hit by a car crossing the street today. She's in the hospital with multiple broken bones, fractures, some internal bleeding...sounds like she'll make it but she's pretty seriously messed up.

Nothing I can really do for her but hope, at least for now. :(
Here's hoping, too  :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95653 on: July 28, 2015, 07:02:36 pm »

Shit. Hope she'll be okay.

In other news, house was broken into by a thief when we were unawares (bro and I). Fortunately, as far as we both know, only cash worth 3,000.00 PHP was stolen. Guy ignored gadgets, jewelry, etc.

The thing is, this theft was on a safe-ish subdivision NEAR a guard house, and seemingly that didn't have an effect at all.

I'll have to stay vigilant. Might be back.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #95654 on: July 28, 2015, 07:07:50 pm »

The more I read about laws, the more I feel like I want to get into politics to try and stop the more retarded things from happening.

This is making me despair. I hate politics, but it's fucked up enough to make me want to get a career in it to try and unfuck it.

A good compromise leaves everyone mad.

Pages: 1 ... 6375 6376 [6377] 6378 6379 ... 8167