Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6352 6353 [6354] 6355 6356 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422867 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #95295 on: July 18, 2015, 03:44:17 pm »

I have no RL people to talk to while out in France (apart from my direct family, which is... Different), which somehow makes me feel really lonely. Hm...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95296 on: July 18, 2015, 04:29:19 pm »

I hear French chicks are easy. There's bound to be some pillow talk at least, and if you want you can even stay for breakfast and continue conversation there.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95297 on: July 18, 2015, 09:09:05 pm »

If I don't, that's my own fault.
... it really isn't.

* Orange Wizard hands Caroline a cup of tea.

They're trying their best. Unfortunately, 'best' doesn't always equal 'good'
With pre-emptive apologies to Godwin, I have to say that this is on the same level (if not the same scale) as Hitler's impression that he was doing the best for Germany.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95298 on: July 18, 2015, 09:37:56 pm »

They're trying their best. Unfortunately, 'best' doesn't always equal 'good'

^ they just sound like parents trying to deal with a typical lazy teenager.
The fact that Caroline isn't the typical teen is something which I don't think they notice.
Which probably doesn't make them great parents.

But mark my words, 20-something Caroline will almost certainly be going back and deleting all this. Adulthood has some weird way of making it all snap into perspective.
So, I guess, hold on and wait.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #95299 on: July 18, 2015, 09:51:51 pm »

[...] Started beating myself again.
Don't follow up whatever punishment, in your context, with mental or physical pain. It does not teach--what does teach is seeking insight and understanding from what has occurred; taking a note on how your parents interacted...their methods are incomplete in understanding their child/children, and they're defaulting to a more...less mature way of handling it (ie You call someone stupid, they get the idea they're 'stupid', they make themselves better so as not to be called stupid) <<< with the orange part being an implied result...

So...please don't beat yourself up. Despite whatever may happen around you--seek and find the good to get insight from, and grow better from it (even if the delivery method is very crude :-\). In the long-run, that'll help you.

Though I seriously wish there'd be action for development there. x_x That makes me sad. But its a temporary sad...

But mark my words, 20-something Caroline will almost certainly be going back and deleting all this. Adulthood has some weird way of making it all snap into perspective.
So, I guess, hold on and wait.
We're unsure on all this--basically posts like that on this thread are OK in themselves because they display how the person is and their feelings about a certain situation :O What shouldn't be done is supporting whatever negativity exists there--like demonizing the offender, per se. The best path is to at least give guidance towards them...because that's the only thing that will actually help in the long-run.
Sure, saying rubbish about the offender may help--in the least, that attempts to describe their attitude--but does it really teach something beneficial for all parties involved?

Let Caroline vent :O But hold nothing bad onto her. Whatever bad thing happens...should not be a double-edged sword against the people there, but in the least by the attitudes they've got. And attitude is something you can change for the better. :)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95300 on: July 18, 2015, 10:19:07 pm »

Wait, are you saying don't demonize the offender, or don't demonize the victim?
'Cos I wasn't intending either.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95301 on: July 18, 2015, 10:22:40 pm »

Why don't we victimize the demon or offend the demon?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #95302 on: July 18, 2015, 11:52:18 pm »

It's been done. Well, the offending at least.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95303 on: July 19, 2015, 12:51:31 am »

I hear French chicks are easy. There's bound to be some pillow talk at least, and if you want you can even stay for breakfast and continue conversation there.
French breakfast is pretty disgusting tbh :P
It's basically pure sugar.

Anyway, I just don't have any chances to talk to people :x

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #95304 on: July 19, 2015, 02:10:39 am »

It's been done. Well, the offending at least.
That poor cyberdemon seems pretty victimized.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #95305 on: July 19, 2015, 02:12:39 am »

Welp, I've managed to nuke the master boot record on my desktop by trying to swap into a larger hard drive and repair said boot record. I'll have to unfudge the system tomorrow or reinstall Windows using my now invalid Windows license courtesy of recent hardware changes.

So much for my streak of productivity.
Protip: You can keep using an unlicensed copy of Windows indefinitely as long as you're willing to put up with intermittent popups saying "register this shit you filthy pirate" and a blank desktop background.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95306 on: July 19, 2015, 02:28:30 am »

The company I ordered a nice new monitor from had a "pricing error" of nearly 100% of the advertised price when I paid for it. lel fuck that, order cancelled.

EDIT: And to be clear, "pricing error" is definitely deserving of airquotes, since they seem to have only noticed on the day it was meant to be dispatched, and it wasn't anything like a misplaced decimal place, just outright different numbers.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:36:48 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #95307 on: July 19, 2015, 03:26:00 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #95308 on: July 19, 2015, 03:47:43 am »

My sunburn has progressed from "Hah, this is a neat thing that hasn't happened in a while" to "Oh god agony whenever I brush something too hard". I can't even lie in my bed except in just such a way that I am totally uncomfortable and unable to sleep, not that I could sleep anyway (I toss and turn in my sleep a lot, so I brush my sunburn against the bed or the covers and wake myself up).
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95309 on: July 19, 2015, 03:49:27 am »

You could try getting into bondage, though changing sexual preferences just for a sunburn may be a tad much.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 6352 6353 [6354] 6355 6356 ... 8167