Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9454205 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9510 on: August 08, 2010, 11:47:04 pm »

Another night, another wave of spiders to kill.

I'm ready to make a stamp or scoreboard to see how many spiders everyone manages to kill over the week. My kill count is at least 5, maybe 7, for the past 3 days, and 7 for one of my sisters.

Personally, I think I have far less humane ways of dealing with my problem. For starters, I have a laser/flashlight, and I try to blind and/or induce epilepsy on my victims to make them easier to poison and/or smash. My sidearm in dealing with them is what's left of the compressed air I still have (which I reloaded recently), and to serve more as a noise-maker, I have a BB gun which I primarily use sans ammo to at least scare/blow them away, and only use little ammo if I know I can bull's-eye them (which I have managed to succeed in doing once, kill shot).

I find it personally disturbing when after kncoking them off the wall, I can hear them land. :shudder: Even worse, the calm before the storm; hearing papers move while the room is empty, hearing random light taps on the windows, or subtle footsteps on the walls or desk. :uncontrollable shudder:

I can't wait until I deal with ones the size of footrests or coffee tables, then it's on. I'll need a vat of butter ready when I'm through with those behemoths.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:51:55 pm by Itnetlolor »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: August 08, 2010, 11:48:16 pm »

The fact the History Channel considers this guy a serious scientist makes me sad.

For what show?

And I agree, his hair looks like it should belong on a Centaurian noble from the Babylon 5 universe.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9512 on: August 08, 2010, 11:53:40 pm »

The fact the History Channel considers this guy a serious scientist makes me sad.

For what show?

And I agree, his hair looks like it should belong on a Centaurian noble from the Babylon 5 universe.
Ancient Aliens, I believe is where I've seen him recently.

He does sound like his method of diplomacy with aliens is getting high with them and catching up on old times, and coming up with bizarre monument ideas.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: August 08, 2010, 11:57:06 pm »

He does sound like his method of diplomacy with aliens is getting high with them and catching up on old times, and coming up with bizarre monument ideas.
If that actually worked it would be the most awesome first contact ever.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9514 on: August 09, 2010, 12:00:48 am »

How high is that man; he looks like he's describing the subway/kfc sandwich he's dying to eat right now. He's talking about the Apocalypse or Jesus isn't he? As if his hand gestures could illustrate it any more clearly.

"So then, get this, Jesus was just all up walking around, right? and the romans got up in his grill and he was all like, 'Whoa, man, this world is everyones,' and the Roman's minds were totally blown and then the jews killed'em. Man, it was so far out..."

Just The Man, uh....   Just man bringin' us down, The Man...
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: August 09, 2010, 12:01:46 am »

How high is that man; he looks like he's describing the subway/kfc sandwich he's dying to eat right now. He's talking about the Apocalypse or Jesus isn't he? As if his hand gestures could illustrate it any more clearly.

"So then, get this, Jesus was just all up walking around, right? and the romans got up in his grill and he was all like, 'Whoa, man, this world is everyones,' and the Roman's minds were totally blown and then the jews killed'em. Man, it was so far out..."

I'm just quoting this so we can see his hair again.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: August 09, 2010, 12:10:02 am »

Them KFC double downs man, they're um, uhhhhhh mmmmmmmmmmmm oh man what was I talking about? Haha oh yeah, I'm like on TV man!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: August 09, 2010, 12:11:15 am »

This deserves its own thread, as a monument to the good that LSD can do.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: August 09, 2010, 12:18:11 am »

KFC double downs maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: August 09, 2010, 12:22:58 am »

His hair is pretty darn awesome.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: August 09, 2010, 12:24:00 am »

If only, man, the Aliens. Man, if only they knew. If only.

I wonder if they have Martian Double downs, man. We could trade double downs. Peace would Reign.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: August 09, 2010, 12:25:31 am »

Did you hear about those double downers man?  I would pay soooooo much money to eat one on tv maaaan

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: August 09, 2010, 12:28:21 am »

What kind of TV producer invites this kind of guy onto his show, and doesn't even have the common decency to offer the man some sort of comb; hell, even do that thing with your fingers that everyone damn well knows never works. It looks like someone's just given him a nuggy.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: August 09, 2010, 12:30:04 am »

What kind of TV producer invites this kind of guy onto his show, and doesn't even have the common decency to offer the man some sort of comb; hell, even do that thing with your fingers that everyone damn well knows never works. It looks like someone's just given him a nuggy.
What?! A comb?! That would be heresy! You do not comb hair that awesome!

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: August 09, 2010, 12:33:25 am »

The dude is spaced. They probably could have combed his hair whilst he munched on his Double Down. He wouldn't have noticed until he went to pick up his pot/acid, where his dealers would inquire if he was a Narc or something.

It seems like History Channel is trying as hard as it possibly can to be canceled; or to become the history of Morning/Mid-afternoon Talk Shows Channel.
Pages: 1 ... 633 634 [635] 636 637 ... 8167