Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6328 6329 [6330] 6331 6332 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443455 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94935 on: July 06, 2015, 04:50:24 am »

room hot enough for me to lie completely uncovered in bed without feeling cold
What kind of foul, scorched land do you live in?
Denmark.

:I

Huge window facing east and walls acting like radiators because of how hot it was during the day. Ain't no fucking way i'd have been able to cool that down during the scant few hours in the evening/night where the temperature was more equal to a regular summer afternoon.
Same here. And we had fucking murderhail yesterday - now it's almost as bad as yesterday at the same time. We even have a new heat record in Germany: 40.3 degrees!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94936 on: July 06, 2015, 05:09:38 am »

Oh god, 40.3? I'm surprised that the entirety of Germany isn't actively on fire right now. :I
Fortunately for me, it seems like todays temperature is going to be around 18 degrees here. Muuuuuuuuuuch better, especially after the 30+ degrees yesterday. My brother in particular seems to be really bad at coping with hot weather, the poor sod. Probably a good idea that we cancelled our vacation to Germany due to the heat wave.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #94937 on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:00 am »

Heat is indeed an awful thing. Shit, my whole area's basically clogged up with ash from various forest fires - the very air is full of smoke, and it was literally raining ash over at my grandparent's house.
And of course it's still something like 30 degrees outside. Dammit weather this is Canada, conform to the stereotype of cold wasteland, at least I can wear warm clothing to counteract that >:(
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94938 on: July 06, 2015, 05:21:26 am »

Who in their right mind would vacation in Germany anyway? I mean, France is just, like, right there...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94939 on: July 06, 2015, 05:30:31 am »

It's closer than France when you're driving from Denmark, and you have cheaper beer than we do. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

karhell

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_A_MOLPY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94940 on: July 06, 2015, 06:23:24 am »

Who in their right mind would vacation in Germany anyway? I mean, France is just, like, right there...
Who in their right mind would vacation in France anyway? I mean, Germany is just, like, right there... :P
Mind you, we didn't have it too bad in Brittany... "only" 32°C >.<

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #94941 on: July 06, 2015, 06:42:51 am »

Having a strange night where I can't stop thinking, yet I never seem to arrive at any thought. I'm just kind of incoherently upset without anything specific being wrong at the moment. I hate the summer. Everything feels fuzzy and ephemeral in summer time. I want it to be at least a little breezy; it feels really wrong that the air is so perfectly still and just slightly warmer than normal. I keep needing to ground myself so that I don't mix up events that happened last month and last night. It feels like I go to sleep, and when I wake up several weeks have passed but nothing has really changed. I hate summer so much. Summer has been like this the past few years; I get really depressed and lose my handle on a whole lot of things. I let diet and exercise go, I let my IRL social life go, I let all my goals and ambitions go and things generally fall into disrepair until August, or September if it's been an especially bad year. This season is cursed, for me.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #94942 on: July 06, 2015, 07:26:35 am »

I really shouldn't have chugged that drink and eaten that poptart in such a short span of time. Now my stomach hurts like hell and I fear that I might vomit if I'm not careful.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #94943 on: July 06, 2015, 02:39:47 pm »

I got sick from eating a kebab. I get sick every time I eat one, but they're so tasty I can't resist.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #94944 on: July 06, 2015, 02:41:20 pm »

I got sick from eating a kebab. I get sick every time I eat one, but they're so tasty I can't resist.

Your stomach probably just wants you to remove kebab. I suggest leaving Poland.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #94945 on: July 06, 2015, 03:04:54 pm »

Your stomach probably just wants you to remove kebab. I suggest leaving Poland.
It's Poland, not Serbia. What would it achieve?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94946 on: July 06, 2015, 03:06:49 pm »

It's Poland, not Serbia. What would it achieve?

Well Polan is of plunger...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #94947 on: July 06, 2015, 03:34:50 pm »

Not that a hobby would help, I don't think. I don't have anything I'm particularly good at, and I doubt I have the creative ability nor the critical thinking skills to create much of anything. Most of what I do turns out shit, and I'm not anywhere near as smart as people seem to think I am.
everybody sucks until they dont, the only way not to suck is to suck first.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #94948 on: July 06, 2015, 06:26:50 pm »

Issues with DF mapgen. Hopefully solved.

It's a crying shame year progression becomes so slow. I'd like to run worldgen for longer than a few centuries.

PD: 2000 years in and still stuck in the age of myth :(

PPD: I think I know why: in order to keep things interesting I tend to delliberatedly bloat the number of titans, forgotten beasts, and megabeasts at worldgen. The game simply can't keep up with killing them in a timely fashion
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:21:41 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94949 on: July 06, 2015, 08:09:26 pm »

Heat is indeed an awful thing. Shit, my whole area's basically clogged up with ash from various forest fires - the very air is full of smoke, and it was literally raining ash over at my grandparent's house.
And of course it's still something like 30 degrees outside. Dammit weather this is Canada, conform to the stereotype of cold wasteland, at least I can wear warm clothing to counteract that >:(
Are you in BC? Because literally all of Washington is on fire and that describes my air quality as well.

Also shurrup, it's twenty degrees hotter down here. My AC is -set- to your 73 degrees :P
Pages: 1 ... 6328 6329 [6330] 6331 6332 ... 8167