Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6327 6328 [6329] 6330 6331 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443470 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94920 on: July 05, 2015, 09:59:40 pm »

Feeling "empty" is another common description for feeling depressed.

If part of the problem is you don't have enough hobbies, easy solution is to take up a hobby. Drawing requires as little as paper and a pencil. Writing can be done with as little as a paper or pencil, or use word processors and computers and etc.

Maybe write a setting for a tabletop game or something?

Not really the problem. Just something levied against me when people complain.

Not that a hobby would help, I don't think. I don't have anything I'm particularly good at, and I doubt I have the creative ability nor the critical thinking skills to create much of anything. Most of what I do turns out shit, and I'm not anywhere near as smart as people seem to think I am.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94921 on: July 05, 2015, 10:14:57 pm »

Not really the problem. Just something levied against me when people complain.

Not that a hobby would help, I don't think. I don't have anything I'm particularly good at, and I doubt I have the creative ability nor the critical thinking skills to create much of anything. Most of what I do turns out shit, and I'm not anywhere near as smart as people seem to think I am.

Oh. Well shit, man, dunno what else to suggest to help with the whole "feeling empty and depressed" thing aside from hobbies.

When I feel bad I do stuff.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94922 on: July 05, 2015, 10:19:35 pm »

Not that a hobby would help, I don't think. I don't have anything I'm particularly good at, and I doubt I have the creative ability nor the critical thinking skills to create much of anything.
You should listen to heavy metal. Eventually, once you have completed the metal initiation rights and grown to become a full-blown metalhead, you will one day be struck by the urge to craft your own battlejacket to wear into the fray. On this day, you will gain a hobby worthy of the Rock Gods.

...Seriously though, I haven't had a hobby for years and I'd forgotten how great it is. I have something to be happy about!
It's a pain finding the pins and sewing needles I inevitably drop on the floor, though. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #94923 on: July 05, 2015, 10:40:34 pm »

Ugh. Promised to contribute some art to a drawfag thread on /a/ this weekend but I'm prooooobably not gonna get anything done before it's not the weekend anymore. Considering I have yet to even get a sketch of what they requested looking good.

I really shouldn't give a shit because I posted anonymously and they also posted anonymously and who gives a shit about people on 4chan - especially weeaboos on /a/ - but it feels like I broke my word and failed to deliver and disappointed 2 weeaboos somewhere in the world.

Also it reminds me that I can still git gud at art shit.  Hell, the reason I started checking those threads was for reference material I could use to make me draw more. Still feel bad I'm not perfect at it tho.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #94924 on: July 06, 2015, 12:29:55 am »

My lower back and left side have decided that tonight shall be a night of suffering. And the yoga stretch prescribed by my new physical therapist seems to have lost its potency.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94925 on: July 06, 2015, 01:56:43 am »

Shitballs and fuckbuckets!
Why do good gigs so often end up being on the same night as other good gigs? :(
* Yoink is wracked by indecision.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #94926 on: July 06, 2015, 03:53:01 am »

So my Grandma and my Dad were talking spirituality things, and I was in the room and ended up being drawn into the conversation (it started out as a conversation on family history, and only morphed into that stuff later). I pretty much manage to stay out of the conversation until right at the very end, when I get asked pretty directly what my opinion of all of it is. Now me, I'm basically a straight atheist. My world is one of meat and nerves and electric pulses, no spooky "spark of life" or "reincarnation" stuff going on; and when I'm asked pretty directly what I think of it I'm not going to lie and say that I believe in something I don't, which sparks all sorts of the usual back protests of "you can't trust everything you find online" and similar. I mean I won't try to force my beliefs on anyone, you want to believe that and I'm not going to force my beliefs on you, but if you come out and ask me what I think and why I think that I'm not going to undermine my own reasoning either. :-\

Probably the worst part of the whole thing was when my Grandma espoused an opinion and I stated that I didn't believe in it because of a great variety of sources, at least a few of which are done by people much more knowledgeable about this kind of stuff than me, and that I could pull them up right now if they really wanted me to. My dad responded with some version of "You're destroying her story without replacing them with anything!". Well yeah, that's because:
1) The idea that people lose weight at death is total bunk, so much so that Snopes even has a page on it. (Yes, a physician tried to weigh it back in the late 1800's, his results were 2 inconclusives, 1 drop (and nothing more), 2 drops that then increased over time, and 1 drop that then later reversed itself before reoccuring. He then went on to attempt to photograph the soul leaving the body with X-rays, because X-ray's are "in reality a shadow picture" and "the soul substance gives off a light resembling that of the interstellar ether". And that's on top of the fact that it used to be believed that after death the body actually gained weight, thus the phrase "dead weight".)
2) I'm not replacing them because there isn't anything to replace them with in my worldview. That whole "aethist - one without any invisible means of support" thing? Yeah; that's me. I can't replace any beliefs I reject because it's the very beliefs as a whole that I'm rejecting, not the specifics of said beliefs.

So yeah, lots of suck going around after that conversation ended. :-\
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94927 on: July 06, 2015, 04:09:19 am »

Welp, another good reason to stay faaaaaaaaar away from such conversations. Neither side will ever budge, and it's more equal to slamming your foreheads together repeatedly than it is to actually discussing. Sucks that you were drawn into a faceramming contest like that. :/

Also, today the heat wave finally managed to kill my sleep. Woke up at 8:30am, room hot enough for me to lie completely uncovered in bed without feeling cold, haven't slept since. Now mind you, i usually sleep till noon at the very least, so 8:30 is a lot of missing sleep. At least it seems like today won't be nearly as hot as yesterday, judging by the cool winds coming in through the window. :I
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94928 on: July 06, 2015, 04:11:06 am »

Wait, why would they think people lose weight at death? I mean, unless the whole bowel-loosening thing counts, but that seems like a shitty cop-out.

room hot enough for me to lie completely uncovered in bed without feeling cold
What kind of foul, scorched land do you live in?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #94929 on: July 06, 2015, 04:12:08 am »

Because of the soul leaving the body, I would presume.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #94930 on: July 06, 2015, 04:13:03 am »

There are people who think souls have mass. TIL.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94931 on: July 06, 2015, 04:14:47 am »

Because of the soul leaving the body, I would presume.
Yeah, the scientist I mentioned above tried to use his (very shitty) results combined with his handful of tests on dogs dying to somehow "conclusively" prove the existence of the soul since humans (supposedly) lost weight while animals didn't in his tests. Needless to say his experimental methods were not the best. ::)
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #94932 on: July 06, 2015, 04:18:40 am »

Denmark.

:I

Huge window facing east and walls acting like radiators because of how hot it was during the day. Ain't no fucking way i'd have been able to cool that down during the scant few hours in the evening/night where the temperature was more equal to a regular summer afternoon.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #94933 on: July 06, 2015, 04:34:49 am »

Wait, why would they think people lose weight at death? I mean, unless the whole bowel-loosening thing counts, but that seems like a shitty cop-out.

It's actually a popular myth. I don't recall it being debunked, so I guess that in my perspective at least it seems that it's still believed to be true.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94934 on: July 06, 2015, 04:41:44 am »

It's actually a popular myth. I don't recall it being debunked, so I guess that in my perspective at least it seems that it's still believed to be true.
Sadly it's one of those ones that seems to get debunked over and over again yet never die (probably because half of it is true, he did test dead bodies to see if they lost weight; it's just that his results were inconclusive). For reference here is the snopes article.
Pages: 1 ... 6327 6328 [6329] 6330 6331 ... 8167