Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6312 6313 [6314] 6315 6316 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451379 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #94695 on: June 27, 2015, 12:01:43 pm »

I think I might just stop eating for a couple of weeks. Pretty sure I have the willpower, I don't really need the muscle mass, and work is sparse enough that I can work around the lethargy.
That... doesn't really work. All that's gonna happen is you're gonna regain all ya lost (minus the muscle) immediately after you stop.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94696 on: June 27, 2015, 12:26:42 pm »

I've been suffering from insomnia
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #94697 on: June 27, 2015, 01:11:36 pm »

I've been suffering from insomnia
Welcome to the club. Your welcome package will arrive shortly via orbital bombardment. Sweet dreams.

Jokes aside, that sucks. I've been struggling with it for months. I have perfected my bedroom for rest and have even been prescribed melatonin tablets, but there's only so much they can do to keep me from burning out due to stress. Insomnia is a bit of a vicious circle, in that lack of sleep causes stress, which causes further lack of sleep, and so on. I hope you'll get better sooner rather than later.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94698 on: June 27, 2015, 02:08:56 pm »

No longer have a job and my ear is betterish, but still fucky at the moment.

On the one hand that job mistreated the fuck out of me, on the other no real money till I get another. Also I may need to retire using ear buds.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #94699 on: June 27, 2015, 02:40:10 pm »

First generation antihistamines help me in regards to insomnia. In fact I get more mileage out of then than out of benzodiacepines and analogues)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94700 on: June 27, 2015, 04:01:40 pm »

No longer have a job.

Yeah, I was gonna mention that. Baseline jobs are never 'ok' with people skipping work, no matter how many legs break or parents die.
Did you call up and say you weren't coming in?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94701 on: June 27, 2015, 04:06:54 pm »

First generation antihistamines help me in regards to insomnia. In fact I get more mileage out of then than out of benzodiacepines and analogues)
First generation as in first discovered? Aren't a lot of first generation drugs on the toxic side?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94702 on: June 27, 2015, 04:16:14 pm »

First generation as in these guys. The first generation that was availible on the market.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #94703 on: June 27, 2015, 04:47:16 pm »

So hot. Why must it be so hot!? Why must generator not work? Cannot into freezer. All is hot.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94704 on: June 27, 2015, 04:53:14 pm »

Yeah, I was gonna mention that. Baseline jobs are never 'ok' with people skipping work, no matter how many legs break or parents die.
Did you call up and say you weren't coming in?

Yup, quit because I was having unfair bullshit leveled against me given I gave several hours warning and other people deciding they werent coming 1-3 hours before their shifts besides me weren't punished.

And this is because I was always the one geting stuck going there whenever someone said they weren't coming, even if I already worked that day.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #94705 on: June 27, 2015, 05:01:08 pm »

From our talks you sounded like the most reliable person there anyway, even if you're only looking at hours turned in. Although it sounded like you manager didn't respect that sorta thing. For whatever reason.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94706 on: June 27, 2015, 06:53:20 pm »

Welp, bet they'll be missing you soon enough. Stupid managers not appreciating Gunner-chan >:(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94707 on: June 27, 2015, 06:59:46 pm »

Now if only my ear would behave... I'm guessing it actually was properly cleaned out and what's bugging me right now is just pressure differences that should hopefully sort themselves out after a sleep...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #94708 on: June 27, 2015, 07:00:54 pm »

First generation antihistamines
For some reason, I read that as 'amphetamines'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #94709 on: June 27, 2015, 08:25:57 pm »

So I tried talking to someone I had called friend. I feel much worse and much more lonely now.

fuck
Pages: 1 ... 6312 6313 [6314] 6315 6316 ... 8167