Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9456124 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9465 on: August 07, 2010, 01:49:55 pm »

Women made me sad today. The nasty stalker type ones.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9466 on: August 07, 2010, 03:14:41 pm »

hoooot pocket...

IT TASTES LIKE DEATH
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9467 on: August 07, 2010, 04:23:25 pm »

hoooot pocket...

IT TASTES LIKE DEATH
Hot firey death. I think they are engineered with a self-sustaining fusion core, maintaining and even increasing their interior temperature well after the initial microwaving.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9468 on: August 07, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »

Everything is a prophecy on the internet. Everything.
Get the prophet!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9469 on: August 07, 2010, 06:03:17 pm »

Getting children, in the current situation, is among the most idiotic things you can do. It also creates yet another person capable of suffering, and birth dosn't have an undo button.
There is no strict biological imperative for it either; humans are adaptation executers not fitness maximizers. Your GENES want you to reproduce, but you are NOT your genes, if anything you are your MEMES, so if there are any imperatives involved they are about preaching not ****ing.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9470 on: August 07, 2010, 06:04:09 pm »

I would like to see a world run by Armok, for curiosity sake.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9471 on: August 07, 2010, 06:05:38 pm »

Birth dosn't have an undo button.
It's called death.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9472 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:58 pm »

Getting children, in the current situation, is among the most idiotic things you can do. It also creates yet another person capable of suffering, and birth dosn't have an undo button.
There is no strict biological imperative for it either; humans are adaptation executers not fitness maximizers. Your GENES want you to reproduce, but you are NOT your genes, if anything you are your MEMES, so if there are any imperatives involved they are about preaching not ****ing.

Good news, I am going to have one-hundred illegitimate children because you said that.

Johnny Appleseed, ladies.
Shoes...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9473 on: August 07, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »

Birth dosn't have an undo button.
It's called death.
That's the point. Getting a child and then killing it is not morally equivalent to never haven made that child in the first place.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9474 on: August 07, 2010, 06:21:56 pm »

Armok. Shut up. Just shut up and stay out of this damn topic.

On topic. A weird thing my sister said playng starcraft II.

"Photon cannons are like... Protection Like.... Zerg condoms" "... Wat?" "Yeah. They even look like them. Sorta." "No really. Wat?" "But then why do I need more?" "Uhh..."

Edit: I thought this was the happy thread for a bit. Oh well. This makes little sense now I guess. But the thought of a photon cannon condom is honestly a bit freaky for me even.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 06:25:20 pm by Janet »
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9475 on: August 07, 2010, 06:23:06 pm »

They are kind of like condoms.  They keep the horde of tiny monsters from swarming into your base.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9476 on: August 07, 2010, 06:25:11 pm »

I will never see Starcraft the same way again. I don't even like Starcraft. I think I'll go cry now, thanks a lot, Cthulhu.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9477 on: August 07, 2010, 06:58:59 pm »

I like the implication that the Zerg are giving people STD's.

"I'm in your base, giving your guys herpes."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9478 on: August 07, 2010, 07:34:57 pm »

I would like to see a world run by Armok, for curiosity sake.
Why? Apparently it would be pretty darn boring, seeing as humanity would die out in 80-100 years.

Also, "so if there are any imperatives involved they are about preaching not ****ing" Really? Because I have never felt the urge to preach anything to anyone, and while I can certainly ignore the second imperative, that doesn't change that fact that it's there.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9479 on: August 07, 2010, 07:37:39 pm »

Not to dredge this up and open any more wounds or open myself to flaming, but here goes.

Armok, I used to think the exact same thing. I have had a pretty rough life by most peoples' standards. Granted, I've never been used as a slave or shot, but those are pretty much the only things I've never gone through. Life has not been kind to me. However, I realize that I have a chance to change things. I can teach my child to be better than the rest of those slobs out there in the world. I can teach my child compassion, and equality, and morality, and curiosity, and skepticism, and all the things that I hold dear. I can give her skills, and I can teach her to be a good person. I anticipate having one more child, because one day my wife and I will cease to be, and I would like there to be at least as many like minded people in the world when we are no longer here.

Changing the world can be done, but it has to be done one person at a time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 8167