Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6251 6252 [6253] 6254 6255 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9480269 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93780 on: June 04, 2015, 07:39:09 pm »

If it's any consolation, I love avatars that do that. They entertain me when I learn the truth, which is more than I can say for most.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93781 on: June 04, 2015, 08:14:37 pm »

On an unrelated note, I seem to be bad at expressing myself without pressing need. I mean, I can tell people I like them (or that I don't), argue, ask for help, what have you, but I can't seem to manage conversation with no direct purpose with people who aren't my long-time friends. Earlier in my life, I used to jabber a lot because I wanted people to like me, and expressed tons of unfounded opinions because opinions are what people gather around, and in retrospect that was stupid. Now I still want them to like me, but for my actually meaningful bits, of which there aren't many, so I don't talk so much. Perhaps now instead of saying too many things, I say too little, and that shows and makes everything strained.
Now, that doesn't exactly make me sad, because I know I'll even out eventually. But the discomfort I'm currently experiencing is somewhat close to sadness.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93782 on: June 04, 2015, 09:38:42 pm »

I had a dream last night that was pretty cool, woke up at 4am or so and thought about it for a while, then went back to sleep and now it's 12PM and I cannot remember it at all. :'( I can't even remember the later dreams I had. Shit. I should have cracked open my dream diary as soon as I woke up, but I kinda needed to pee.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93783 on: June 04, 2015, 10:28:38 pm »

I creeped out yet another Bay12er.
I misread that as crapped at first.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93784 on: June 04, 2015, 10:29:55 pm »

That's one shitty creation mythos. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #93785 on: June 04, 2015, 10:59:41 pm »

It makes me sad that anesthesiologists completely ignore the massive transfusion how-to protocol
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93786 on: June 04, 2015, 11:00:51 pm »

It makes me sad that anesthesiologists completely ignore the massive transfusion how-to protocol
I hope nobody died. Somebody probably died. :<
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93787 on: June 04, 2015, 11:06:05 pm »

The 'another' implies this has happened before.

... Okay. Fess up. Who's the poop golem?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #93788 on: June 04, 2015, 11:08:35 pm »

Nope. Not this time, at least. To my surprise tbh.

But those recommendations are there for a reason. Skipping them is at best an useless waste, and at worst it can make matters worse.  (This one ended up being on the "waste" side).

Meh.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #93789 on: June 04, 2015, 11:27:32 pm »

Just noticed that Vector hasn't logged in in over a month. And her last few posts....I dunno...just bothers me.  :-\  :(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #93790 on: June 04, 2015, 11:32:29 pm »

Just noticed that Vector hasn't logged in in over a month. And her last few posts....I dunno...just bothers me.  :-\  :(
Aye. I'm assuming it's just another sabbatical. I'm not worried enough to do something like dig into their private life to make sure they're okay, but I really do hope so.

EDIT: I'm a stupid. Fixed it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 01:49:40 pm by Bauglir »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #93791 on: June 04, 2015, 11:39:56 pm »

It's been that long?

Hrm.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93792 on: June 04, 2015, 11:45:12 pm »

I noticed a couple days ago as well, though I don't feel I know them well enough to be sending a PM if they do happen to check here again.

But yeah, I hope that they're fine. :x

EDIT: Fixed pronouns, my apologies. I didn't realize Vector went by those.  :-[
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:26:00 pm by Worldmaster27 »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93793 on: June 04, 2015, 11:46:12 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #93794 on: June 04, 2015, 11:49:17 pm »

That's a nice thread, yeah :)
I've been planning to PM her, but intervening life issues made my online productivity = ~0%
Pages: 1 ... 6251 6252 [6253] 6254 6255 ... 8167