Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6250 6251 [6252] 6253 6254 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9485431 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #93765 on: June 04, 2015, 11:31:23 am »

My dog is dying.

I remember fuzzbutt. Losing pets is never a good experience, but I hope you find someone else you can love, if she can't pull through.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93766 on: June 04, 2015, 03:46:18 pm »

Well, I'll lay out the details (now that I'm actually capable of thinking straight, sort of).

Cocoa developed an acute, inflammatory form of skin cancer - it almost literally showed up overnight. The prognosis is not good - survival rate after a year is 15%.

But mom has determined that she's not going to give up on fuzzbutt. Cocoa got a chemotherapy treatment today, and she's going to undergo treatment for the next several weeks (assuming her condition doesn't take a turn for the worse). If the chemotherapy works, there's a chance she'll be able to keep on going. It's not a high chance, but it's still a chance.

On a more positive note: she's acting completely normal. Aside from occasionally chewing on her skin (which is probably a normal reaction for a dog that has skin cancer), she isn't lethargic or anything - she's eating normally, begging for snacks, and when she came home from the vet, the first thing she did was run to my bedroom and rub her face on the floor (which is a thing she does when she's happy, I suspect it had nothing to do with her skin).

I know that if anyone's going to defy the odds, it's her... but those are some pretty bad odds, and I can only really be so optimistic.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #93767 on: June 04, 2015, 03:54:04 pm »

How do you know it is a tumor instead of a less... well, less bad acute skin condition? Because to my untrained eyes reads like one weird goddamn tumor.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93768 on: June 04, 2015, 04:11:33 pm »

How do you know it is a tumor instead of a less... well, less bad acute skin condition? Because to my untrained eyes reads like one weird goddamn tumor.

Ask the vet that gave the diagnosis about that one. It looks more like a poison ivy rash or something to me.

They did some pretty hardcore testing though, I wouldn't doubt the diagnosis at this point.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #93769 on: June 04, 2015, 04:16:42 pm »

Well then, I wish her the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93770 on: June 04, 2015, 05:55:12 pm »

So after sleeping terribly last night I didn't feel like doing anything so I went and took a nap. Meant to be a 2 hour nap or so. Winds up being almost 5 hours. And the whole time I kept having crazy awful dreams that made me wake up, think "I should get up", and then fall asleep again.

And now I feel even more tired. And slightly dehydrated. Crazy ass dreams made me sweat constantly.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93771 on: June 04, 2015, 06:25:09 pm »

I creeped out yet another Bay12er.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93772 on: June 04, 2015, 06:26:58 pm »

I creeped out yet another Bay12er.
Why, who, what with? I must know.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93773 on: June 04, 2015, 06:38:56 pm »

Somebody PMed me saying that my catgirl avatar is cute and asked who she is. I told them he's a random catboy. Cue awkward silence.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93774 on: June 04, 2015, 06:53:13 pm »

Somebody PMed me saying that my catgirl avatar is cute and asked who she is. I told them he's a random catboy. Cue awkward silence.
Ah, that moment when somebody doesn't reply to you and you think that they thought you are a serial murderer pedophile. I always console myself with the thought that when I don't reply to people, I do it because I'm awkward as hell.
That being said, your avatar looks like something from a certain type of caboodle doodle. No dissin'.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93775 on: June 04, 2015, 06:57:06 pm »

...Is a response back really necessary? They asked, you answered. Maybe they got what they were looking for (ie: more info on the avatar) and didn't see a need to reply back.

Unless you'd rather they reply back with a "k".

Apparently according to google "k" is a worse response than I thought.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #93776 on: June 04, 2015, 07:03:00 pm »

It just comes across as them thinking I'm some depraved homosexual.
I mean, I'm a homosexual. And probably depraved. But those two are not mutually inclusive.

And I can think of a variety of response that won't make it come across that I'm thinking another person is a pedophile, but then again apparently I'm kind of a shy extrovert so vov

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #93777 on: June 04, 2015, 07:09:55 pm »

It is always a possibility that they just forgot to reply to the PM you sent.
I do that all the time, even with important stuff.
* Fniff looks at PM box unhappily.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #93778 on: June 04, 2015, 07:13:14 pm »

It just comes across as them thinking I'm some depraved homosexual.
I mean, I'm a homosexual. And probably depraved. But those two are not mutually inclusive.

And I can think of a variety of response that won't make it come across that I'm thinking another person is a pedophile, but then again apparently I'm kind of a shy extrovert so vov
It comes across as them just not sending an extra pm back to you. And you assume they're thinking you're a depraved homosexual, because they're not responding.

You're making yourself feel bad for no reason. Stahp. You're fine.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93779 on: June 04, 2015, 07:16:45 pm »

Meh, the revelation that you're (possibly) a depraved homosexual shouldn't really surprise/weird out anybody here. I think you're overthinking it. And even if you aren't, it's nothing to lose hair about. 
Pages: 1 ... 6250 6251 [6252] 6253 6254 ... 8167