Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465946 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9225 on: August 05, 2010, 12:09:25 pm »

Seriously, who runs off to play on the computer when their guest is doing chores?

I'm going to become a hermit.  I'll sit in a creepy lighthouse and play vidjya gaems all day, but if someone comes over to see the creepy hermit, dammit I'm not going to even look at the computer.  I will treat them as honored guests and make sure they feel welcome before I flay them alive and make a cloak from their hide.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: August 05, 2010, 12:14:18 pm »

Anyway on topic. For me at least. Idiots don't make me sad anymore unless I'm directly involved with them.

My mind is wandering so much I can't speak. And I have no one online I can talk to by typing. I'm a damn prisoner in my own head and I don't have so much as a spoon to dig myself out.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:18 pm »

Hospitality to your guests is important. Being a good guest is important. Even the Church of Satan says so. There was a guy in the greek/roman mythos who really fucked this up. He was a kinslayer, so no one invited him to parties and such. Zeus felt bad for him, so he invited him to a feast with the olympians. Instead of being happy and gracious, he felt up Hera. In the middle of the meal. Being very, very gracious in this particular tale, Zeus gave him another chance by making a replica of Hera and seeing if he would take the oppertunity to try and rape it. In Zeus's sleeping quarters, in the middle of the night. And he did, being a fucking idiot. Thus, he was condemmed to Tartarus forever. Idiot.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: August 05, 2010, 12:25:15 pm »

My mind is wandering so much I can't speak. And I have no one online I can talk to by typing. I'm a damn prisoner in my own head and I don't have so much as a spoon to dig myself out.

Well, you seem to be typing okay right now.  Enunciate every word as best you can.  Make a game out of pronouncing sounds.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: August 05, 2010, 12:28:20 pm »

Tried. I've had this since I got injured. If my mind wanders around I just can't fucking talk. The words come out different or mixed up. I just can't focus on my actual speech.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: August 05, 2010, 12:47:15 pm »

Hospitality to your guests is important. Being a good guest is important. Even the Church of Satan says so. There was a guy in the greek/roman mythos who really fucked this up. He was a kinslayer, so no one invited him to parties and such. Zeus felt bad for him, so he invited him to a feast with the olympians. Instead of being happy and gracious, he felt up Hera. In the middle of the meal. Being very, very gracious in this particular tale, Zeus gave him another chance by making a replica of Hera and seeing if he would take the oppertunity to try and rape it. In Zeus's sleeping quarters, in the middle of the night. And he did, being a fucking idiot. Thus, he was condemmed to Tartarus forever. Idiot.

Hera:  "Zeus, darling, now that that guy is gone, are you going to get rid of that replica of me"

Zeus:  "Uhh, yeah, I...  Someone else might come along, I'm gonna keep it in the closet for now, just-uh, just in case."
Shoes...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: August 05, 2010, 12:58:02 pm »

I'm sore all over and my chronic headaches have apparently returned.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: August 05, 2010, 01:09:22 pm »

I have to work two walmarts tomorrow. :(

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: August 05, 2010, 01:49:49 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb3UobSZl34&feature=player_embedded

Made me lose more of my little faith in humanity, more even then Janet's posts.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #9234 on: August 05, 2010, 02:12:48 pm »

He and his family are way too stereotypical. I had a hard time believing that it was real... Then I saw his other videos.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9235 on: August 05, 2010, 02:20:14 pm »

It is unsettling when you start seeing stereotypes as actual people (not criticizing people as being stereotypical (which makes you look bad); but cases that actually support the stereotypes they should be defying (that make them and their "kind" look bad.)). I see it all the time. In fact, it gets really bad when much of what comedians joke about to extreme unrealistic cases (almost entirely satirical), become actual cases. That's basically the event horizon on my hopes for mankind to redeem itself. When fantasy begins to look more realistic than reality (or realism/reality is none more than fantasy), then something's definitely fucked up.

In a way, it makes me sad that it's become difficult to tell sane people apart from insane people nowadays. They're too alike.

EDIT:
Admitting up front; I'm one of the said insane types. At least, in an idea sense. And I'm surprisingly normal/rational in most cases. Functionally Insane, I suppose, is a better term to use. Oddly enough, whenever I become truly sane, I worry something's up with me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:51:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: August 05, 2010, 02:22:47 pm »

Touché, tentacles.  Potato woman is yours again.

Something is wrong when I click a thread and the first thing I see is this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: August 05, 2010, 02:48:11 pm »

They're very rare. And honestly if you give them more than one chance to do something like that to you it becomes less their fault for being idiots than yours for putting up to it.

Yes, I agree heartily.  To be fair, I spent most of my childhood with autistic-spectrum people, so I didn't realize I should be anything more than mildly indignant at the time.

Seriously, who runs off to play on the computer when their guest is doing chores?

Rosewood, and a couple of my male cousins.  I am never going to pretend to be a dutiful woman again.

This used to happen to me a lot.  It helps if you can try to keep calm and take deep breaths, but don't even try to think.  Just let your mind wander around to whatever makes sense to you (not necessarily logical sense--this is key).  Then see what you can understand of it, turning your meanderings into a picture or whatever you can piece together.  Next, translate that picture into something other people can understand.

I warn you that this often takes two or three hours and can be extremely exhausting, but it usually works.  I've actually devised a string of mental tests/calmers to pull me out of the worst situations (i.e. when I can't remember how to produce coherent language or communicate in any form, text or otherwise).  For example, I start with word-association games, and slowly turn on a background system to figure out the connection between the words.  When I'm done with that, I count for a while, before choosing a number sequence.  After that, I sing, so as to work on memory/pattern-recognition.  Then I work on getting any sort of coherent idea together, though I don't worry about comprehensibility or even the language/grammar--I tend to get a mashup of English, French, Latin, Japanese, and Arabic.  After that, I recite theorems.  Then I recite pages from novels or poetry, again running background systems to work on comprehension.  Once that's done, I can usually at least confer ideas like "I don't want tea," even if I can't get facial expressions or body language to come back up for another couple of hours.

Of course, that's for a full mental shutdown... I don't know how many people go through those.

If you're just stuttering, then pretend you're standing in a cathedral or other sort of echoing hall.  Say the words in your mind, and hear them echo back to you.  Then say them aloud.  This tends to be easier if you spend non-stuttering moments practicing enunciation, as well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: August 05, 2010, 02:53:13 pm »

I saw the film 'Kick-Ass', it was okay.

I kept getting a "we are so awesome" vibe though, but NICOLAS CAGE MAN
Spoiler: nic cage is jesus (click to show/hide)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: August 05, 2010, 03:02:18 pm »

If you're just stuttering, then pretend you're standing in a cathedral or other sort of echoing hall.  Say the words in your mind, and hear them echo back to you.  Then say them aloud.  This tends to be easier if you spend non-stuttering moments practicing enunciation, as well.
I used to stutter, and sometimes I still do. More in Hebrew than in English. It used to piss me off that I couldn't put a sentence together without sounding like a complete idiot. Pausing between every few words to take a quick breath and think of what exactly am I going to utter helps.
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 8167