Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6135 6136 [6137] 6138 6139 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471532 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #92040 on: April 18, 2015, 02:31:11 am »

The only thing worse than cancer is contagious cancer. RIP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonally_transmissible_cancer
... well, shit.

Doesn't that generally require a severely inbred host though. I remember seeing a documentary about transmissible tumors in tasmanian devils which explained that the cancer was able to spread between individuals xue to the fact that they basically had no genetic divsrsity due to inbreeding due to the population being too small.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92041 on: April 18, 2015, 03:43:56 am »

hahaha, all you poor sods not living in the south, who needs alcohol tolerance when you have moonshine and fireball whiskey
If I was drinking at home it wouldn't be such a problem- it's when you're at a bar where each drink is about eight bucks that tolerance is a pain in the ass. :P If I was just spending an evening in with a bottle of Jägermeister no amount of 'tolerance' would keep me sober for long.

And that is why I refuse to go to bars.
And that is why you miss out on seeing bands, hanging out with friends and having a good time.

Current sad: Urrrrggh too much food. Dx
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #92042 on: April 18, 2015, 04:17:38 am »

My aunt has cancer, getting tests this week to see how bad.

Well, that really sucks. I hope it's not bad. :(

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #92043 on: April 18, 2015, 04:40:38 am »

... well, shit.
Doesn't that generally require a severely inbred host though. I remember seeing a documentary about transmissible tumors in tasmanian devils which explained that the cancer was able to spread between individuals xue to the fact that they basically had no genetic divsrsity due to inbreeding due to the population being too small.
The article itself states that:
Cancer is not normally a contagious disease, but there are four known exceptions in dogs, Tasmanian devils, Syrian hamsters, and soft-shell clams.
Considering that you are not a dog, Tasmanian devil, Syrian hamster, or soft-shell clam; I'd say that you are going to be safe from clonally transmissible cancer. (Now oncoviruses or cancer bacteria...)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #92044 on: April 18, 2015, 05:53:14 am »

Considering that you are not a dog, Tasmanian devil, Syrian hamster, or soft-shell clam
OR IS HE?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92045 on: April 18, 2015, 06:11:23 am »

Considering that you are not a dog, Tasmanian devil, Syrian hamster, or soft-shell clam
OR IS HE?
Yeah, wow dude, don't go just making assumptions about people like that. It's offensive to the Tasmanian devils, hamsters and clams amongst us.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92046 on: April 18, 2015, 06:22:16 am »

battery randomly dead, randomly flat tires, starter, intermittent various electrical fires, etc.
What I read.
Please do not give it any ideas.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #92047 on: April 18, 2015, 07:06:48 am »

... well, shit.
The article itself states that:
Cancer is not normally a contagious disease, but there are four known exceptions in dogs, Tasmanian devils, Syrian hamsters, and soft-shell clams.
Considering that you are not a dog, Tasmanian devil, Syrian hamster, or soft-shell clam; I'd say that you are going to be safe from clonally transmissible cancer. (Now oncoviruses or cancer bacteria...)
There are cases of donor tumors carried over by  transplantation in humans.  Of course, those are pretty specific circumstances just as well.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #92048 on: April 18, 2015, 12:56:21 pm »

Lying in bed and being unable to sleep makes me think a lot, and be introspective, and also feel feelings.

Said feelings are not happy, which is why my post is here. :/ Too private to talk about here, too, but I wanted to tell someone.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 01:05:33 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #92049 on: April 18, 2015, 01:01:18 pm »

Lying in bed and being unable to sleep makes me think a lot, and be introspective, and also feel feelings.

Said feelings are not happy, which is why my post is here. :/ Too private to talk about here, too, but I wanted to tell someoesomeone.
I think someonesomeone left the forums a long time ago...
Anyway, may your introspection bring wisdom!
In a time before time, I had a name.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #92050 on: April 18, 2015, 02:36:55 pm »

All I have is carbonated water and carbonated water is liquid ass

Pls send help
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #92051 on: April 18, 2015, 02:41:49 pm »

When life gives you carbonated water you go and ask for some lemons too, so you can make fizzy lemonade which is fucking awesome.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92052 on: April 18, 2015, 03:36:24 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:59:44 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #92053 on: April 18, 2015, 03:41:59 pm »

There is nothing quite like the constant shitty feeling of being out of the loop and overwhelmed that comes with being neuroatypical.

Ouch, yeah, I've been there. It sucks.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92054 on: April 18, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:59:36 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 6135 6136 [6137] 6138 6139 ... 8167