Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471672 times)

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #9090 on: August 04, 2010, 12:16:41 pm »

This song sends shivers down my spine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyp34v6Lmcc&NR=1
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: August 04, 2010, 12:18:52 pm »

ask your doctor about desensitivization. It takes time and it's tedious (going several days a week to the hospital to get innoculated). I'm allergic to dust myself, and plan to get desensitized after I graduate.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: August 04, 2010, 12:22:23 pm »

I somehow doubt that an emergent allergy jumped him from "non-allergic" to "fatal aspxiation from trace peanut dust" all of a sudden. There are treatments for allergies, and the lighter the reaction the better chance desensitivization has.

I just want to advise lordnincompoop to look for a potental help instead of never eating nuts again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: August 04, 2010, 12:24:22 pm »

This joke just got serious business.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: August 04, 2010, 12:24:40 pm »

So... bored...

I need something to do. Does anyone have any ideas? I can't leave this room...

Search room

Sanctuary

This is the room in which you spend the majority of your time. It is dimly lit, with the only available light coming in through the window containing the air conditioner, which keeps the room at a survivable 65 degrees.

In one corner of the room lies your particleboard desk which you inherited from your uncle. It is currently home to your computer terminal. Surrounding the machine are various notes and discarded empty containers which once contained processed food. On the shelves behind the desk are various old expansion cards, spectacle cases, spools of wire, hard drives, and an old robot. Above these shelves are more shelves, containing many plastic utensils, folders, remote controls, batteries, compact discs, and books. Your small collection of "For Dummies" books are the ones that catch your eye first (possibly because they are yellow), there are even more of them on the bookcase outside your room. Dwarfing the entire collection is your "All-In-One CISSP Exam Guide", which you previously used as a nightstand.

In the other corner is an antique dresser, which you're pretty sure is empty. On it are various tall spools of optical media, some masking tape, an old digital microscope, various electronic components, and your multimeter. It should also be home to your old 30-watt soldering iron and a spool of solder, but these appear to have disappeared mysteriously along with most of your other tools. Beside the dresser is a stack of old motherboards, and various cardboard boxes which contain various wires and test leads. Next to all of this is your ancient television, which is not hooked up to any television service, and a broken video game console, which you have sold all the games for.

In the next corner is your bed, which is held up by various old and dead electronic devices, including a VHS+DVD player and two old computers. Next to it is an old Macintosh computer, which you use as a bedstand to put your spectacles on.

In the next corner is Bessie, your old server, and a large CRT monitor which you also inherited from your uncle. The monitor is resting on an old pot, the keyboard and mouse on top of a cardboard box containing stuffed animals and a pack of E-size rocket engines. Bessie is currently switched off.

In the next corner is the window and air conditioner. Below the window lies your wireless router and network equipment and phone. In front of this lie some broken electronic equipment and two nonfunctional ancient hand-held computers.

The room can be exited through the door, which has no handle and must be opened with a tool, or through the eaves, which double as an emergency escape hatch and hiding place.

>

>get ye flask

Why? It's empty.

>
Take the key from the unicorn and exit to the south.

I don't see any unicorn here.

>
> Retrieve arms from antique drawer.

> Use electronics on robot, use soldering iron on robot.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: August 04, 2010, 12:25:13 pm »

I somehow doubt that an emergent allergy jumped him from "non-allergic" to "fatal aspxiation from trace peanut dust" all of a sudden. There are treatments for allergies, and the lighter the reaction the better chance desensitivization has.

I just want to advise lordnincompoop to look for a potental help instead of never eating nuts again.

No, of course.  I'm just saying... unsupervised nomming of all nuts ever with that particular allergy sounds like a bad idea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: August 04, 2010, 12:28:15 pm »

That was an emotive statement, that I wished to make clear with the note about seeking medical expertise about it and not doing so otherwise.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: August 04, 2010, 12:29:02 pm »

One thing that made me depressed was that I was suddenly found to be allergic to nuts, and the doc confirmed it. I really like nuts, and suddenly I can't have any.

Ye can't keep ye nuts!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: August 04, 2010, 12:30:06 pm »

That was an emotive statement, that I wished to make clear with the note about seeking medical expertise about it and not doing so otherwise.

Fair enough =)  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Ye can't keep ye nuts!

Also, ow.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
No Gods, No Masters.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: August 04, 2010, 12:37:05 pm »

PETA should mention that...thing...in their arguments. Bet they would get a recrutment increase.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: August 04, 2010, 12:38:14 pm »

As if there was anybody in the world who didn't already know that.  We've been castrating livestock for thousands of years.  If you come up with a better way to get the nuts off an angry bull, I'm sure everyone would love to know about it.

Ye can't keep ye nuts!

WHYYYY.

Because fat cows make more meat, that's why.  They're gonna die anyway; as long as their balls don't wind up in your burger, do you really care what happens to them?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: August 04, 2010, 12:41:45 pm »

Aqizzar is wise and knowledgeable.
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 8167