Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5995 5996 [5997] 5998 5999 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427814 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89940 on: March 12, 2015, 12:11:11 am »

Two tests today, one tomorrow, two or three next week and a task for Tuesday.

I've only studied for one test and I haven't even started the project.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89941 on: March 12, 2015, 12:13:00 am »

I'm sad because... well, I'm more just exhausted from, but anyways, the weather is too dry. Way way way too dry. I'd appreciate some precipitation to moisten things up; rain or snow, anything. I can't consume enough fluids, my nose keeps bleeding, all my co-workers are complaining that their lips are bleeding and peeling (pheh, mine started that at the START of the season, and I finished that stage 2 months ago), it just makes the heat of the workplace all that much worse...

It's so tiring to work in that heat and dryness. Maintenance says there's "no more air" to add A/C to our little kiosk, and the humidifier at home malfunctioned because the air is too dry for it to work!

Bah. Alberta is supposed to have wildly varied weather; it's been dry icy and cold outside for months with absolutely no variance at all, and inside is way too hot, while still dry; drier, even.

So, I'm sad because Spring is supposed to be here but won't be for another 2 months, nothing is changing, and it's too dry. too dry. sooooooo dry. the faucet is my god this month, sorry xantalos.
You can borrow some of the wet we've been having. It's rained for the past 3 days and my boots haven't completely dried out yet, not to mention it's still really cold. Stay hydrated though and indoors as much as you can.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #89942 on: March 12, 2015, 12:17:44 am »

the faucet is my god this month, sorry xantalos
WANT WATER, EH FLABORT

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89943 on: March 12, 2015, 12:21:05 am »

Failure to pool maintenance.
Backwash leakage.
Hot Water supply blocked.

Not a happy chap.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #89944 on: March 12, 2015, 12:34:08 am »

Got a crappy grade on an essay draft, in part due to the fact that the topic I was assigned has next to no information about it. I can't write five pages on this crap, none of my sources were even more than four, counting the massive fonts and gratuitous images. :(
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89945 on: March 12, 2015, 12:42:11 am »

There's something off somewhere in the kitchen but I can't for the life of me locate it anywhere.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89946 on: March 12, 2015, 01:52:08 am »

I had two things to do today before the housewarming party in a couple of days: buy a slab of beer and go via bus to wash my clothes at the nearest laundromat.
The first part worked out fine, but when my friend and I got to the place with our stuff, we discovered the cheapest washing machine cost $5.

We couldn't really back out at that point, though, so we put our stuff in the machine, poured in some conveniently abandoned washing powder, coughed up five dollar coins, shoved them in and...
Nothing happened.
Long story short, lost five bucks and had to use someone's home washing machine after wasting most of the day. Bloody laundromats. I should have taken my mother's advice and hand-washed. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89947 on: March 12, 2015, 02:55:43 am »

I'm supposed to be able to play this song by tomorrow but now I still can't play it on the piano with two hands.

Also my fingers are bleeding.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89948 on: March 12, 2015, 03:49:49 am »

1:45 and only a little more than halfway through my massively important paper. I have until the afternoon, and I'm more likely to write faster if I sleep and recharge than if I plink away all night, but on the other hand, having been up this late already, I'm afraid of waking up too late.

Obj, I hope they're not bleeding from the piano itself
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89949 on: March 12, 2015, 03:50:44 am »

Speaking from experience, you should probably make sure there aren't any pins on your piano keys.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #89950 on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:06 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #89951 on: March 12, 2015, 10:44:22 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89952 on: March 12, 2015, 10:51:28 am »

All my childhood heroes are dying, why

I love how the Discworld books had very different settings within the world, that were connected but distinct.  Like the Ramtops and Ankh-Morpork couldn't have been more different, but sometimes characters from one would appear in a story set in the other.

I still have a couple paperbacks of my favorites, but also there are a lot I haven't read yet...  Going to get on that.  If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89953 on: March 12, 2015, 10:59:58 am »

I took antibiotics but I can feel the sore throat coming back again, especially in my ears :C

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89954 on: March 12, 2015, 11:02:10 am »

Got a crappy grade on an essay draft, in part due to the fact that the topic I was assigned has next to no information about it. I can't write five pages on this crap, none of my sources were even more than four, counting the massive fonts and gratuitous images. :(

Just out of curiosity, what was the topic? Though maybe you could have told your teacher/professor how you've been having problems finding sources.
Pages: 1 ... 5995 5996 [5997] 5998 5999 ... 8167