Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5989 5990 [5991] 5992 5993 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430199 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89850 on: March 11, 2015, 12:00:25 am »

Still laying down crying
She said some things that rather hurt
I'm not sure if anything I said was upsetting to her
She's trying to be sorry about it now .-. I accept her apologies but I feel like she's only saying them because she knows I'm upset not because she really means it
I don't know .-.
This stuffs confusing
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89851 on: March 11, 2015, 12:36:07 am »

I am very tired. I have not been using my time productively. And I have been breaking some promises I made myself. Glub glub glub!
Me too.

Blurble blurble
Flibble flibble floob
Blarg.
I'm still working on an assignment due tomorrow technically today really. 3/4 of the way done, it's midnight, and I'm tired.

warglflargl
uuurrblllerrbbrrr
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89852 on: March 11, 2015, 12:45:02 am »

blorble

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89853 on: March 11, 2015, 12:58:53 am »

It's surprisingly easy to keep up a facade rather than admit defeat.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89854 on: March 11, 2015, 01:00:41 am »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #89855 on: March 11, 2015, 01:18:53 am »

Nonsense is becoming the norm. Authority is substituting for reason. Fear of consequences is the trump card.... It's sad.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 07:30:28 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #89856 on: March 11, 2015, 02:05:30 am »

... if it means anything, your attempts to get said points across around here are at least appreciated, even when misunderstandings and disagreements and whatnot occur. Too tired at the moment to add anything to that statement, but... felt the sentiment should be expressed, I guess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89857 on: March 11, 2015, 02:09:55 am »

This is why I rapid-fire between nihilism, existentialism, and absurdism depending upon how I feel on that particular day.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89858 on: March 11, 2015, 02:14:44 am »

I think this is appropriate time to use this again, both for myself and you guys.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89859 on: March 11, 2015, 02:19:51 am »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #89860 on: March 11, 2015, 02:20:23 am »

I think this is appropriate time to use this again, both for myself and you guys.

Cute!
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89861 on: March 11, 2015, 03:11:18 am »

This is why I rapid-fire between nihilism, existentialism, and absurdism depending upon how I feel on that particular day.

They're all just weird ways of looking at reality. No idea why people have to get so sad about reality, especially the non-human element. It's there. It can't really be changed, not yet. It's something you have to deal with, but that doesn't mean you really need to take a stance on it. It's not meaningless just because there's no inherent meaning, despairing over it isn't productive and it's not confusing just because someone's confused by it. The universe has nothing wrong with it. The universe has nothing right with it. The universe's intrinsic values exist, and that's mostly what they do. Sometimes, the universe's intrinsic values lead to things that want to ascribe some odd concept called meaning to things, and that's fine, as long as said things want to have meaning or were designed to have meaning. Trying to apply meaning to things that were neither designed nor want to have meaning is not a good use of time.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89862 on: March 11, 2015, 04:12:45 am »

I know I said I wouldn't, but I have a legitimate sad this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU I no longer see the purpose in my life.

Someone talk to me before I do something stupid. I've already stayed up all night and had to face the reality of a very bleak and painful future from the point of view of an already not-so-pleasant present. What is the point of persevering in the face of the futility that I face? As a human, I'm below average in my capabilities and old-fashioned in my reasoning. If even the best are being replaced, then what hope do I have? And without hope, I cannot function. I don't see how anyone could. It's not even as though I am liberated to do something else, it's more akin to being barred from what I want to do and then enslaved by those who won't do it but won't let me do it because they don't want to pay for me to eat. And even the arts aren't safe anymore, so I have reached an all-new level of purposelessness that makes me just wish I were dead. I... I guess I could hold on for my friends' sake, but what's the point in that? I'd spare them a lot of misery to just let them collapse in on themselves and die of their own accord and myself do the same. Someone, anyone, give me a reason why continuing my life on this wretched sphere is even remotely worth it? ( Don't say pleasure, because I have nearly none. And these were mainly rooted in hopes, dreams, and other meaningless escapisms. Now I am left with a life that has only misery, unless someone can find something to give me reason again. I suppose there's the afterlife and all that, but wouldn't I arrive there much more quickly if I took a shortcut? And even if I go to hell, then isn't that just the same as eternal hopelessness? So how would that be any different? )

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89863 on: March 11, 2015, 04:16:57 am »

Sorry if this sounds useless, but being in your shoes several time (although I usually exhaust myself from crying and then fall asleep) what I find is that it's almost always a given that existential horror melt in the light of day. No matter how impossibly uncompromising it may appear in the darkness.

So, I suggest playing videogames or reading. Or cry, but you seem like more of the worrying type than the crying type.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89864 on: March 11, 2015, 04:23:12 am »

...Yeah. That sounds like things I've said before. Problem is, the horrors always come back stronger and I am always weaker and weaker in the face of them.

I can't even worry about it, I have to worry about how nonplussed I am about it, because my direct capability to deal with horrible things is broken right now. I couldn't cry even if I let myself, I think, because I tried and it didn't work. It just hurt with no relief.

I think this is what cynics refer to as "The utter soul-crushing reality wrecking the stupid idealist forever."
Pages: 1 ... 5989 5990 [5991] 5992 5993 ... 8167