Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5988 5989 [5990] 5991 5992 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9430252 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89835 on: March 10, 2015, 09:48:55 pm »

Kotor (and the entire rest of the EU) WAS canon, until they decided to just throw everything away. By the new-canon metric, this is the first homosexual in the SW universe, but old-canon had gay Mandalorians in a few of the later books, in addition to anything KOTOR supports along those lines.

It wasn't all canon, 'cause there were a few bits and pieces that contradicted each other (some of the older EU stuff with Han, for example)

It did seem like Disney just took a huge, steaming shit on the fans though. "oh, btw, all those books and other things you've bought over the past 30 years, spending a lot of money on in the process? Yeah, they don't matter any more."
This isn't entirely true, they were just moved to a separate canon than the one Disney is working in.  It makes sense from a filmmaking standpoint: they didn't want to be confined by other writer's visions of the universe.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89836 on: March 10, 2015, 10:05:12 pm »

Hooray for divergent star wars timelines, I guess. There are things I'm fond of in the EU timeline (now semi-canon, iirc), but there are many more things I'm not fond of in that timeline, aka "If I wanted grimdark force-blank civilisations devouring entire star systems, I'd read 40k".

Maybe Disney can give us a less grimdark "there is only war" SW thing now. Having said that, I'm still sad at the direction SW's extended universe ended up taking.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89837 on: March 10, 2015, 10:39:27 pm »

I think one of my toes has an infection, tried pulling out the hairs to see if it was an ingrown hair and not sure if it was. It's red and hurts something fearce. Feels like someone wacked my foot with a hammer.
And I have a science trip to a state science fair this week for three days
Yay, pain!
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89838 on: March 10, 2015, 10:42:01 pm »

I wish I never came out of the closet. This sucks. Why did I ever think addressing this was ever a good idea? I should've gotten a girlfriend and never act on my urges.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #89839 on: March 10, 2015, 10:46:44 pm »

I wish I never came out of the closet. This sucks. Why did I ever think addressing this was ever a good idea? I should've gotten a girlfriend and never act on my urges.
Uh.
No. Repressing yourself in that manner isn't a good idea.
Why d'you think so anyway?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89840 on: March 10, 2015, 10:59:40 pm »

When I was younger, I don't even expect that being with someone is a viable option for my life. I've planned to live alone and be an asexual aromantic person. Now that I'm out I can't just push it all back in and stop feeling all this feelings for people which always ultimately end in disappoint.

These days I really wish I'm asexual and aromantic. People who are like that seems to be happy all the time because they don't have to depend on other cruel people for their happiness.

At least I'd smell better if I'm aromantic.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:09:33 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89841 on: March 10, 2015, 11:01:40 pm »

It's a fun ride to start with.
But eventually you feel like butter scraped over too much bread.

Edit: If there even is such a thing as heterosexual and aromantic.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:28:42 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89842 on: March 10, 2015, 11:26:17 pm »

When I was younger, I don't even expect that being with someone is a viable option for my life. I've planned to live alone and be an asexual aromantic person. Now that I'm out I can't just push it all back in and stop feeling all this feelings for people which always ultimately end in disappoint.
Oh hey, I thought this way too. Still do. Mostly. No I've never had an attraction to girls and talked about it on the forum, don't be silly. I don't recall the moment in question.
It's probably way harder for someone who's gay and/or genderfluid but the general sentiment is the same.
Really though, I just don't envision me every having a date, girlfriend, marriage, or kids as being possible. Much like how when I was a kid I never believed I'd be a 19 year old grown up college student. But look at me now. Still not grown up.

Best pun of the day. 10/10, made me snort air up my nose.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89843 on: March 10, 2015, 11:30:16 pm »

These days I really wish I'm asexual and aromantic. People who are like that seems to be happy all the time because they don't have to depend on other cruel people for their happiness.

Can't really speak for infatuation/desire, but I know I get lonely when away from friends and family for a while.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #89844 on: March 10, 2015, 11:32:52 pm »

I hate relationships
I leave for a big science fair thing tomorrow and an argument with my girlfriend is probably GOIG to keep me from sleeping all night and all I'm trying to do is explain why I invite her to things and why she should go and she is looking for every excuse to not hang out with me outside of being alone because she has social anxiety....
I'm starting to think getting a girlfriend was a bad emotional move, this is the second time in a month I've cried and I don't normally cry about things anymore
:.(
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89845 on: March 10, 2015, 11:35:10 pm »

I am very tired. I have not been using my time productively. And I have been breaking some promises I made myself. Glub glub glub!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89846 on: March 10, 2015, 11:42:05 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:21:07 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #89847 on: March 10, 2015, 11:44:14 pm »

I am very tired. I have not been using my time productively. And I have been breaking some promises I made myself. Glub glub glub!

Me too.

Blurble blurble
Flibble flibble floob
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89848 on: March 10, 2015, 11:45:47 pm »

Me too.

Blurble blurble
Flibble flibble floob

Blarg.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89849 on: March 10, 2015, 11:56:54 pm »

Me too.

Blurble blurble
Flibble flibble floob

Blarg.
I'm still working on an assignment due tomorrow technically today really. 3/4 of the way done, it's midnight, and I'm tired.

warglflargl
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:04:21 am by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5988 5989 [5990] 5991 5992 ... 8167