Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5942 5943 [5944] 5945 5946 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9434411 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89145 on: February 27, 2015, 02:03:25 pm »

Goodbye Leonard, you will be missed.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89146 on: February 27, 2015, 02:03:35 pm »

For what it's all worth; at least he lived long and prospered.
I was just saying this to a friend, he really did.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89147 on: February 27, 2015, 02:11:31 pm »

He wasn't exactly in the best of health though, definitely didn't look it either.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89148 on: February 27, 2015, 02:59:36 pm »

It was a bit worrying when he had to check into the hospital...

It'll be some time before I can watch this again.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89149 on: February 27, 2015, 03:07:50 pm »

I didn't know he was still alive, since I'm pretty ignorant about most of the actors in Star Trek save for George Takei because dude shows up in Facebook 24/7.

But RIP

Spock's dead? I thought Vulcans had increased lifespans. Like Galapagos tortoises.
dude, he wrote a book on how he's not spock. stop confusing him with his lookalike.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 03:09:32 pm by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #89150 on: February 27, 2015, 03:16:00 pm »

That isn't actually Takei though. He has other people operate his FB account for him.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #89151 on: February 27, 2015, 03:18:34 pm »

Noooooooooo
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #89152 on: February 27, 2015, 03:19:46 pm »

D:
D:
(I would probably post this in the rage thread if it still existed. RIP culture.)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89153 on: February 27, 2015, 03:24:40 pm »

Nimoy was my childhood hero. :(

Sads I was going to post before: One of the things the marriage councillor suggested for us to do was to set a couple days during the week that I don't work as "together time" days, or "alone time days", because I need time to myself, and the together days are to balance it out.
Well, we planned days for it (every Thursday would alternate between together or alone, and we try to avoid scheduling doctor visits on those days. I get Thursdays off work already)
Anyway, one of the things we agreed on before we even started this was that if, for whatever reason, we couldn't have one of those days work out, we would not try to make that day up, we would just stick to the schedule, because trying to change it to make days up would just start arguments.
That worked fine. There was a time when I wasn't able to get a proper alone day due to a doctor's visit we couldn't reschedule, and then having to deal with bills that we couldn't delay on.
I was fine with that, because we already agreed on the system.
Well, yesterday was our "together" day, and despite not having to do any work, despite us even going to a restraunt together, she decided it wasn't "togetherly enough", because she decided to sleep away part of the day on her own choice.
Now she's deciding to confiscate my alone time, and conviniently can't recall the agreement we had to not screw with the schedule.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #89154 on: February 27, 2015, 03:41:36 pm »

I think I lost my innocence today D:

stupid troll
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89155 on: February 27, 2015, 03:58:58 pm »

D:
D:
(I would probably post this in the rage thread if it still existed. RIP culture.)
Fortunately, many of the destroyed items were replicas, and the originals are in other museums. However, the act shows their desire to erase evidence of anything contrary to their views.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89156 on: February 27, 2015, 04:44:52 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 08:31:21 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89157 on: February 27, 2015, 04:51:05 pm »

D:
D:
How come the rest of the world doesn't just get together and apply artillery and aircraft to their state until it stops being functional? Seems like an easy solution when the enemy actually holds territory with cohesive leadership structure.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #89158 on: February 27, 2015, 04:52:12 pm »

D:
D:
Fortunately, many of the destroyed items were replicas, and the originals are in other museums. However, the act shows their desire to erase evidence of anything contrary to their views.
Replicas aside: "Oh, what's this ancient monument/artifact that's over 10k years old (so to speak)? What can we learn from the past; what they figured out? Turns out, our religion doesn't agree with any of it, and we're offended; who cares if it tells of our origins or whatever? It's gotta go." --Standard extremist protocol; generally speaking.

Makes me wish whatever god is in charge of all existence, or whatever (whoever's right), reveals themselves, and says "That's it, I'm done with this planet. You humans suck. Later.". Even as a ruse, just to shock everyone into behaving themselves, or something. Then again, it'll always be a blame game or something, and a religious war about "who disappointed God the most" would come up. I dunno. I'm angry at this happening in the first place. STOP DESTROYING HISTORICAL ARTIFACTS BECAUSE YOU'RE RECENTLY OFFENDED, YOU NUMBNUTS!!!

ISIS (extremists) has the same collective intelligence as ISIS (Archer) right now overall.

EDIT:
Possible solution: Let's send the Scientologists over there to fight against them (at least, via ideologies). It'll be the definition of fun to watch.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:01:00 pm by Itnetlolor »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89159 on: February 27, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »

That Tom Cruise guy was pretty badass in [MISCELLANEOUS DUMB ACTION MOVIE], I reckon he could take on a fair few of 'em.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 5942 5943 [5944] 5945 5946 ... 8167