Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5936 5937 [5938] 5939 5940 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9439434 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89055 on: February 25, 2015, 06:34:50 pm »

I see getting 30% back of what you paid a *decent* rate for gambling, so I think if you rely on it as income, then it'd be negative income.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #89056 on: February 25, 2015, 06:35:00 pm »

There's also a huge difference between the lottery drawing and scratch-offs. The odds on the latter are actually not too bad, tending to be between toward the 1:500 (for just-above-break-even) and 1:10000 (for grand prizes) mark. You still aren't likely to win, but it's more reasonable than the one-in-ten-milion or so odds of the drawings.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #89057 on: February 25, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Either I'm having a serious case of the feels or I'm having a heart attack. I have yet to decide which.
:( :-\ :'(

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #89058 on: February 25, 2015, 11:07:25 pm »

Oh look, it's 5 AM and I can't sleep. I got in two sessions of two hours each I think, before just springing wide awake due to an AlienVPredator related nightmare (tho I'm not sure why it was scary exactly) and being unable to fall asleep for the past hour. Don't think I'll sleep at all anymore since I gotta get up early to pack for the trip home. Not too excited for that for some reason.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #89059 on: February 25, 2015, 11:11:41 pm »

Insomnia: it's the worst. :(
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89060 on: February 26, 2015, 12:05:51 am »

A band that is possibly my favourite band is playing a show in my city. (This is rare, they're from the US.)
Unfortunately, they're playing at one of my least favourite venues, which is ridiculously overpriced, hard to get to, has expensive drinks, annoying security and a terrible ticketing system that requires you to print out your ticket from a PDF, rather than just buying online then showing ID at the venue, like any sensible place.

At the moment, not having a computer of my own, I have even less ability to print a ticket than usual. :(
Tickets are over $50, too. I might have to give it a miss.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89061 on: February 26, 2015, 03:03:20 am »

The posts in the this thread :(

The formatting is fucking awful. There's no need to leave an empty line between the end of a quote and the start of what you're writing.

Woah woah woah, yeah there is. This is the only way people should be quoting.
I must experiment with this.
Quoting is serious business for me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89062 on: February 26, 2015, 07:53:40 am »

Oh look, it's 5 AM and I can't sleep. I got in two sessions of two hours each I think, before just springing wide awake due to an AlienVPredator related nightmare (tho I'm not sure why it was scary exactly) and being unable to fall asleep for the past hour. Don't think I'll sleep at all anymore since I gotta get up early to pack for the trip home. Not too excited for that for some reason.
Maybe you were being forced to watch AvP Requiem. Now that would be terrible.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #89063 on: February 26, 2015, 08:04:35 am »

Either I'm having a serious case of the feels or I'm having a heart attack. I have yet to decide which.
:-\ :'( :(
Memories. Argh. My heart.
That bit hit hard.

Also the sad bit on how the author placed the usual cynical, judgemental bystander (with a top of verybad stereotyping judgement) but yeah.
I miss my friend.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 08:25:14 am by Tiruin »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89064 on: February 26, 2015, 08:22:31 am »

Oh dear, I seem to have gotten something in my eyes *sniff*. Oh great and allergies to boot...
* timferius Goes and hugs his children

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89065 on: February 26, 2015, 11:38:32 am »

Internet stays connected for about 10-15 minutes at a time, thanks to snow and power blips. Now all I have to reliably amuse myself with is watching the redneck snowmobiles (truck with a rope and a guy on a sled being towed behind it, beer in hand).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89066 on: February 26, 2015, 11:44:03 am »

You live in NC, right? The guy who's driving the truck is probably sliding around just as much as the guy on the sled.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89067 on: February 26, 2015, 11:49:03 am »

You live in NC, right? The guy who's driving the truck is probably sliding around just as much as the guy on the sled.
Nah, we didn't really get ice this time. More like 6" of thick, wet powder. Vehicles with sufficient ground clearance look like they're having no problems with it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #89068 on: February 26, 2015, 01:56:08 pm »

I'm wasting my life. College is a waste of time. I can't play guitar or do jack shit musically. I'm a failure who has a bunch of guitar equipment and no real skill to use it. Don't have the time or dedication to get good at it. I'm not accomplishing anything with my time in college, still no friends, no idea what I'll major in, making absolutely no progress on music, even less than when I was in high school. No progress on any of my other hobbies. I want to do everything and can't dedicate myself to anything. Getting nothing done. Total failure.

I'm just bleh today, man.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #89069 on: February 26, 2015, 02:05:15 pm »

I feel ya.

Worst case scenario you can always pick a handful of things that you don't find totally abhorrent and that pay well and then just throw darts to chose one to major in. As (I think it was Truean?) said once, if you can't find a field that you really want to work in and that you particularly enjoy, you can always choose something you don't hate and find fulfillment in your hobbies during your off time.

I'd just like to drop a few more facts here that helped keep me going (some may be more/less relevant, I don't know how long you've been in college for):
1) Something like 50% of entering college students are Undecided Majors.
2) About 50%-70% of college students change majors at least once, and a significant portion changes majors at least 3 times before they graduate.
3) 50% of college graduates pursue careers not related to their majors. In a lot of places it's more the fact that you have/don't have a degree that makes a difference, not what that degree is in.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 5936 5937 [5938] 5939 5940 ... 8167