Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5935 5936 [5937] 5938 5939 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440805 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #89040 on: February 25, 2015, 04:01:03 pm »

The church should not allow bigots to assume pastoral positions. It is in no way good.

Well it wouldn't really be a church then, would it?

3edgy5me, he made a joke about church guys. Ladies, go ahead and line up in the blowjob line, this one's dropping some original fucking material.

...you may be overreacting slightly there.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #89041 on: February 25, 2015, 04:11:34 pm »

The church should not allow bigots to assume pastoral positions. It is in no way good.

Well it wouldn't really be a church then, would it?

3edgy5me, he made a joke about church guys. Ladies, go ahead and line up in the blowjob line, this one's dropping some original fucking material.

...you may be overreacting slightly there.

Yeah, come on man. It's not like he's a professional "quote maker" or anything. I'm sure he's just an atheist teenager who greatly values his intelligence and scientific fact over any silly fiction book written 3,500 years ago.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:22:32 pm by Dutchling »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89042 on: February 25, 2015, 04:19:06 pm »

The posts in the this thread :(

The formatting is fucking awful. There's no need to leave an empty line between the end of a quote and the start of what you're writing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89043 on: February 25, 2015, 04:21:58 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:20:26 am by penguinofhonor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #89044 on: February 25, 2015, 04:33:43 pm »

More rage than sad, but my freelancing account got a random ID check, and I lack one of the required documents, because I get them online instead, and they require a scanned copy as second verification. Had to go through the hassle of getting that done, with a possible fee added while at it just to get a printed copy sent to my house.

So, for the meantime (up to 10 business days until I get it in the mail), no matter the job I find or get invited to, I can't do squat about it (not even a courtesy yay/nay on the job), until I get my document scanned and sent (applications for work redirect me to verification, no exceptions, and no temporary skipping the process either). I doubt they'd accept a JPG conversion of a PDF file, due to technicality (being the pessimist, I always assume people and businesses have the "asshole" option set to 'always on'. With my printer lacking ink, I can't quite print the PDF as a workaround. Plus, I always assume they can somehow tell, even if officially from the site, it's technically "falsified". Play it safe, even if it means absolute inconvenience *grrr*; I hate red-tape.).

Seeing as I'm already in financial doldrums (been weeks since I worked, or even found even a crummy job that would accept paying me the pittance), even with the freelancing market not being cooperative as I'd hoped with things warming up again, I'll probably have to cut my losses again, and put freelancing on the backburner, once more, and see if I can get some basic work again; maybe bar-backing at one of the taverns with the upcoming events or something. Seems par for the course, given my track record. Might as well experiment a scratch-off tactic while at it ($20 invested per-week, 3-$1, 1-$2, 1-$5, and 1-$10. Has a chance to at least break-even, and yields 6 shots at different cost/reward calibers.).

Assuming fate/destiny/life is as much of a dick as I assume it to be, I'm gonna be flooded with, or see tons of actually decent and/or lucrative, and actually fun jobs on the market while I'm incapacitated; while also not even breaking even on the scratch-offs (again, rather par for the course for me). That be the case, I'd like to personally punch God in the face for that. Doesn't help that I tithed when I had no money coming in either (everyone in my family supporting doing so, and me hesitating on it with good reasons). I still won't avert from my faith; I mean, if God really does exist, I want a word with Him personally (if at least to lift the 'Book of Job' punishment off of me; I'm already broke, and my faith isn't being retained or improving, it's fading.). Doesn't help that I still get crap for "not putting in any effort" despite the opposite actually being true.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:38:27 pm by Itnetlolor »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89045 on: February 25, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:20:31 am by penguinofhonor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #89046 on: February 25, 2015, 04:48:08 pm »

Might as well experiment a scratch-off tactic while at it ($20 invested per-week, 3-$1, 1-$2, 1-$5, and 1-$10. Has a chance to at least break-even, and yields 6 shots at different cost/reward calibers.).

Assuming fate/destiny/life is as much of a dick as I assume it to be, I'm gonna be flooded with, or see tons of actually decent and/or lucrative, and actually fun jobs on the market while I'm incapacitated; while also not even breaking even on the scratch-offs (again, rather par for the course for me). That be the case, I'd like to personally punch God in the face for that.
If you're really this poorly off financially, playing the lottery is like asking someone to rub salt in your wound. If you get screwed over it is not exceptional bad luck or life picking on you, it is literally how lottery tickets are supposed to work.
I'm only really test-firing it to see if it would even be effective at all (I'm plenty aware of how bad an idea it sounds/is). Any result is data. Even if I profit, I'm not gonna gamble, and even if I would, I limit to 1 shot(gun blast) a week or month.

EDIT:
Until I can stabilize an income, I'm only firing once. Here's to praying that the RNG is in my favor.

EDIT EDIT:
"If we're going to Hell, we might as well deserve it. Who knows? We might overshoot and hit Heaven instead." --Itnetlolor
Thought it would be appropriate to use here.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:57:05 pm by Itnetlolor »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89047 on: February 25, 2015, 04:50:22 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:20:36 am by penguinofhonor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #89048 on: February 25, 2015, 04:52:14 pm »

The posts in the this thread :(

The formatting is fucking awful. There's no need to leave an empty line between the end of a quote and the start of what you're writing.

Woah woah woah, yeah there is. This is the only way people should be quoting.

GLORY TO THE EMPTY LINES
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89049 on: February 25, 2015, 04:54:15 pm »

The question you should ask yourself when buying a lottery ticket is not, "Is my expected payout acceptable?", but "Is this money buying me enough hope and/or entertainment for the cost?". Sometimes the answer to that question is yes, even if you're not in a great place financially. I'm gonna trust Itnetlolor here to be making that call when it's actually a choice. When it's between, say, meals of frozen vegetables and pasta vs multivitamins and ramen, as opposed to rent vs no rent.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89050 on: February 25, 2015, 05:12:56 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:20:42 am by penguinofhonor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #89051 on: February 25, 2015, 05:41:06 pm »

I know how you feel. I'm not proud of resorting to this. Overall, I'm not a fan of money being a motivation for anything, really.

EDIT:
I suppose the more proper context to apply would be, for intention of greed. Money for money's sake, so to speak.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:01:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89052 on: February 25, 2015, 05:56:32 pm »

I wish I lived in a world where payout was not the main motivation for playing the lottery. If you're one of the ones just having fun, you're still contributing to a system that exploits tons of other people.
People use winning the lottery as a synonym for 'extremely unlikely'. I think if you use the lottery seriously as a source of income, you might deserve what you get (i.e. bankruptcy).
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #89053 on: February 25, 2015, 06:19:39 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 08:20:46 am by penguinofhonor »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #89054 on: February 25, 2015, 06:24:46 pm »

Lottery is just gambling for people who like waiting, so pretty much the same thing applies: if you're playing in hopes of *getting money* - well, then you're being silly and getting ripped off. The only way everyone gets what they want is if you play for entertainment, expecting to lose.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5935 5936 [5937] 5938 5939 ... 8167