Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5922 5923 [5924] 5925 5926 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9448144 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88845 on: February 21, 2015, 10:01:43 pm »

Been feeling horrible lately.
Why am I such a terrible person?
because you're not

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88846 on: February 21, 2015, 10:37:14 pm »

Don't trust cats. They're shady motherfuckers.

That said, you're not a horrible person, Caroline. You're a decent person surrounded by crappy people.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88847 on: February 21, 2015, 10:51:55 pm »

You're not horrible, Caroline.
Trust me, you aren't.

Sads (Trying to not be rage) : So I'm sitting in bed, trying to do something on the computer, not really doing much of anything.
Suddenly, my wife yells at me, simply calling me by name, and I ask what's wrong.
The thing that's wrong is that she set a cup of hot chocolate directly on the bed, without anything holding it upright, and without asking me to hold it or anything.
It tipped over, and dumped the entirety of the contents directly onto the phone, and I didn't notice because it was behind the laptop, where I couldn't see it.
And now it's my fault that our phone is now fried, and the bedsheet is now soaked, because I didn't correct her irresponsibility.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #88848 on: February 21, 2015, 11:16:12 pm »

;-;
*hugs everyone*
But I am not as good as I seem.
I've got my parents temper, I'm just slightly better at holding it in.
Actually, I'm not even good at holding it in. I'm just good at getting behind closed doors quickly.
I can barely get anything done, and I'm always letting people down. I care more for myself than for other people and find myself manipulating situations, not looking for the best outcomes, but for the outcomes that minimize harm to myself. I think I sometimes lie more than I say the truth.
I can't even stand up for myself. I am rarely able to answer non-fact questions, and having my parents be even slightly angry or serious at me can cause me to break down.

None of this makes you a horrible person. A bit self-centered, perhaps, but most of us are.

At worst, you're someone who has a few areas to improve in their life. Like pretty much everyone. And you're young! Just work on improving the things you like least about yourself.

You're good. And you have your whole life ahead of yourself to keep getting better. I have faith that you will. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88849 on: February 21, 2015, 11:30:53 pm »

Indeed. People lie. People look out for themselves. People fail their goals. People get angry. People get upset. It's cold, hard, evidence that you're people. Just like everyone else.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88850 on: February 22, 2015, 12:09:01 am »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/gender-nonconforming-person-fatally-stabbed-in-ohio#.qt32A5w08

Again ... keeps happening. It'll come out that dad killed his kid for being trans..... [sigh].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #88851 on: February 22, 2015, 12:18:24 am »

While tragic, I must caveat that no trustworthy information can be garnered from Buzzfeed. Even when reporting on negative events, they remain an internet entertainment organization foremost and only.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88852 on: February 22, 2015, 12:56:13 am »

They're like The Onion, but with no self-awareness.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88853 on: February 22, 2015, 01:34:34 am »

They're like The Onion, but with no self-awareness.

So then still more reliable than Fox News
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88854 on: February 22, 2015, 01:45:58 am »

There's a difference between outright lies and embellishing the truth.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88855 on: February 22, 2015, 01:57:23 am »

Yeah, but we haven't mentioned any publishers who merely do the latter :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #88856 on: February 22, 2015, 02:01:03 am »

My girlfriend has to do a video job interview thing tonight and it's midnight right now... And she has been panicking about it for the last 4? hours.
I feel so useless, because I can't do anything to help her... :'(

And she had a horrible day yesterday, and then she had a terrible day today, and now she is probably going to fail a job interview recording because she can barely even talk.

I just want to be able to be there and help her, but I can't. The best I can do is call her because her mom is terrible... and a phone call isn't nearly as helpful as being there in person.

Edit: Well, I managed to get her to do the interview... Because I accidentally said something really stupid because I didn't think about her reaction and she got super mad at me and started the interview because she couldn't think of anything worse to do to herself right then. So... Yay? :'(
At least she wasn't nervous I guess...

I feel terrible. I hate myself so much right now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:25:03 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #88857 on: February 22, 2015, 04:33:30 am »

:(

Don't hate yourself. It can't make anything better.

Tired, sick, and completely losing social functions. People trying to talk to me just sounds like noise. Hopefully didn't offend anyone at church by staring blankly at them for a few seconds when they tried to make conversation.

Edit: I have to work today, but I can't think.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 04:48:46 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #88858 on: February 22, 2015, 06:16:35 am »

I think I pulled a neck muscle or something, the left side hurts like a motherfucker when I turn my head. This wouldn't be much of an issue if I could just give it a rest today, but I have stuff to do and my bed isn't all that good for my neck.

And I wish I could help you folks, but internet hugs is all I've got right now.

*hugs everyone present*
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88859 on: February 22, 2015, 07:08:36 am »

I am in agony. For the past few weeks I've had this persistent stitch in my left side. I thought it was just from sleeping wrong, because that's when it manifests, but lately it's been getting worse, and I started feeling it tonight after I got home from Santa Monica. I tried to sleep, but it woke me up suddenly at around 3 AM and no my side is randomly pulsing with pain no matter if I'm lying, sitting, or standing.

I am a bit worried about this but don't know whether I should wake up the folks or anything.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 5922 5923 [5924] 5925 5926 ... 8167