Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5910 5911 [5912] 5913 5914 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443045 times)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88665 on: February 18, 2015, 10:13:19 pm »

Wanted to proclaim this day to be Raeg day, alas, there is no rage thread for me to use as a medium to propagate this decree of mine.

"Rage thread, a rage thread! My kingdom for a rage thread!"

What we need to do is to all switch over en masse to a new forum where the mods don't care (maybe even create one) and start a rage thread that will not, under any circumstances, ever be closed. I'm dead serious.

... Are you really going to repeat this statement multiple times?
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88666 on: February 18, 2015, 10:19:28 pm »

Wanted to proclaim this day to be Raeg day, alas, there is no rage thread for me to use as a medium to propagate this decree of mine.

"Rage thread, a rage thread! My kingdom for a rage thread!"

What we need to do is to all switch over en masse to a new forum where the mods don't care (maybe even create one) and start a rage thread that will not, under any circumstances, ever be closed. I'm dead serious.

... Are you really going to repeat this statement multiple times?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88667 on: February 18, 2015, 10:24:55 pm »

Please don't.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88668 on: February 18, 2015, 10:37:37 pm »

I also hate feminisim and masculinists.

Its about equal human rights, not making special classes for races, sexes or any preference
Feminism is about equal rights. If you think feminist women want power over men, you have never met an actual feminist.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88669 on: February 18, 2015, 10:40:21 pm »

Its about equal human rights, not making special classes for races, sexes or any preference
Feminism is about equal rights. If you think feminist women want power over men, you have never met an actual feminist.
Aye, they no' true scotsmen! (:P)

I don't really know much about either to make a definitive statement, so...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #88670 on: February 18, 2015, 10:41:30 pm »

Youtube is doing that thing where it will load one bit of video and not a second beyond, then come to a screeching halt while it loads the next miniscule bit of video. Whatever was wrong with a linear download like the old Youtube had? I'm sure a multinational supercorporation like Google could probably tank any additional costs from that sort of system.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #88671 on: February 18, 2015, 10:44:28 pm »

There are vocal minorities and a lot of people who misuse the term that have given it a bad name in recent times, though.

I'll admit, I think the vocabulary throws people off. "Egalitarianism" might be less likely to cause misunderstanding.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88672 on: February 18, 2015, 11:12:15 pm »

Feminism needs a pope, basically.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88673 on: February 18, 2015, 11:14:12 pm »

I'm all for equality in groups, I'm not too much into the naming, categorizing, and splitting your group off from everyone because your different and must be treated specially thing.... That's my two cents...
Go equality
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88674 on: February 18, 2015, 11:22:01 pm »

I'm all in favor of treating everybody specially, m'self. That is, take them as individuals. No excuses to stop thinking. The boxes get bad when they're imposed, whether on the people within them or the people without, but I'm not gonna go tell people their identities don't matter.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88675 on: February 18, 2015, 11:24:55 pm »

Well I didn't mean that, I just don't support treating them like they aren't human because they are different. I'll call me whatever they want me too, I'll still treat me like people

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #88676 on: February 18, 2015, 11:47:04 pm »

There are vocal minorities and a lot of people who misuse the term that have given it a bad name in recent times, though.

I'll admit, I think the vocabulary throws people off. "Egalitarianism" might be less likely to cause misunderstanding.

There's also a sizable subset of the feminist movement (which I've dealt with a lot in RL, for some reason) that genuinely wants nothing more than simple equality, but has trouble understanding the distinction between "maybe we need to reconsider some of these measures we've put in place" and "misogyny masquerading as egalitarianism." We have the well-poisoning "Men's Rights" groups to blame for that, since a lot of their arguments are superficially similar to more reasonable arguments.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #88677 on: February 18, 2015, 11:50:42 pm »

The problem with some of the loudest activists (feminists or otherwise, and definitely not all or even most activists) is that they might have two mutually exclusive goals: equality, where everyone is treated equally, and chivalry, where everyone is treated as is (perceived) best for their personal traits. Both societies have their perks, but there is no golden mean. While equality would likely make everybody happy, it is hard to define so that it accomodates every minority. While chivalry is easy to arrange, inequality causes problems. I would be very happy if somebody broke this dichotomy for me, because I find it depressing to not be able to have my cake and eat it too in this particular case.

On topic: I'm down with the flu just as I should be going to a funeral. I'll probably go anyway, as long as they won't mind someone constantly sneezing and blowing their nose, all the while reciting some traditional poems in a crow's voice.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88678 on: February 18, 2015, 11:52:30 pm »

((Maybe the feminist talk (I know I added to it) should be moved so it doesn't clutter?))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88679 on: February 18, 2015, 11:54:03 pm »

Sweet fuck. My school was cancelled tomorrow due to extreme cold. You want to know how extreme cold we're talking here? High of 1, low of -10, wind chill of -50. That's instant frostbite range. In North Carolina.

Meanwhile, here in eastern Washington, we haven't gone below 10 celcius at night for the past couple weeks, and the closer to the ocean you get the warmer it tends to be.

That's not so much sad as terrifying, though.
Pages: 1 ... 5910 5911 [5912] 5913 5914 ... 8167