Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5906 5907 [5908] 5909 5910 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9440091 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #88605 on: February 17, 2015, 11:36:18 pm »

I usually just don't care about other people's gender. They are just them... I'll call them what they want (He, She, They, Xhe, Etc, etc...), and from there does it actually matter?
*shrugs*

I mean, if you want me to call you a woman and you wear a tuxedo, that's fine by me. Do what you want, but there's no need to put people into boxes they don't want to be in.
This guy (gal?) hits it right on the nose. Couldn't have phrased it better myself.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88606 on: February 17, 2015, 11:37:24 pm »

Singular "They" is the best third person pronoun. I think we can all agree on that.

I usually just don't care about other people's gender. They are just them... I'll call them what they want (He, She, They, Xhe, Etc, etc...), and from there does it actually matter?
*shrugs*

I mean, if you want me to call you a woman and you wear a tuxedo, that's fine by me. Do what you want, but there's no need to put people into boxes they don't want to be in.
This guy (gal?)KAL hits it right on the nose. Couldn't have phrased it better myself.

FTFY

Names are also useful. For labeling individual things.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88607 on: February 17, 2015, 11:37:36 pm »

but there's no need to put people into boxes they don't want to be in.
Fuckin' this.

To anyone being bugged by this:

But who you are is (from my perspective), first and foremost, really damn cool. I have no reason to believe that anything that makes you who you are is anything but good. Your identity is a good one, and it doesn't need to be justified by comparison to a standard. It made you you, and anything that does that has to be pretty fucking incredible.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:40:02 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88608 on: February 17, 2015, 11:48:11 pm »

Too many things in here to quote. You folks are good people. All of you.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88609 on: February 18, 2015, 01:49:47 am »

Going to do something today and tomorrow and just realized that I don't want to do this.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #88610 on: February 18, 2015, 01:58:53 am »

Going to do something today and tomorrow and just realized that I don't want to do this.
And such is life. Welcome to the club. It happen's to me a lot.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #88611 on: February 18, 2015, 02:06:40 am »

Goddamn, I'm a useless procrastinating fuck.
Every time I get a project even a few days due into the future I just put it off until the day before, then put out a pathetic amount of effort and when I don't complete it feel sorry for myself for some goddamn reason instead of buckling down and doing it, which is exactly what I'm doing now.
I hate having no motivation to complete things I know I should.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #88612 on: February 18, 2015, 02:10:22 am »

It seems Im on the same wave link as you guys because it seems I can apply my last post to this one as well. haha.
And such is life. Welcome to the club. It happen's to me a lot.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88613 on: February 18, 2015, 02:33:25 am »

Pregnancy is no less than one of the pillars of our mammalian superiority, one of the amazing adaptations that let us conquer the Earth.
Except for the bits where it hurts like a literal motherfucker and people die all the time from it. Eggs4lyfe
Problem is, we're not entirely adapted to walking upright. The narrowing of the pelvis makes human birth very dangerous compared to other mammals, but despite that we've had a number of other amazing adaptations that have let us be successful despite it, and so it's never been such an issue that it was selected against.

This plus larger heads then normal for a mammal of our size makes childbirth without modern medical technology horribly dangerous. Meanwhile cats give birth to like twelve kittens and once and walk away fine[]Citation needed]

Still better than what a mother hyena has to go through though

Gender is an illusion, in the sense of a subjective construct. Truth is, everyone is unique. And I don't mean to be all cliche with that, but people try to sort themselves and each other into categories to make the world easier to understand, and no one can ever fit perfectly into them.
It's not just that it's an illusion,

No it's an illusion alright. At least when used in the sociological sense.

It's a meaningless temporary construct of the intellect.

Pregnancy is no less than one of the pillars of our mammalian superiority, one of the amazing adaptations that let us conquer the Earth.

Though not nearly as important in that regard as the dinosaurs having been wiped out by a freak asteroid impact.

Source .

The invading placental cells paralyse the vessels so they cannot contract, then pump them full of growth hormones, widening them tenfold to capture more maternal blood. These foetal cells are so invasive that colonies of them often persist in the mother for the rest of her life, having migrated to her liver, brain and other organs. There’s something they rarely tell you about motherhood: it turns women into genetic chimeras.
:o
I did not know this.
It is terrifying.

This exchange actually reminds me of a story I'm writing (or trying to write at any rate; largely failing) that includes reptilian characters who occasionally mock the human characters for "starting life as an endoparasite"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:57:41 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88614 on: February 18, 2015, 02:54:18 am »

If I could swap gender at will with no real detriments, I prolly would be switching every other day. I'm fickle as shit about it and honestly I don't think anybody would notice. My current identification of gender is male due to the fact that I have a dick. If I could swap whenever the fuck, I prolly would switch identification daily.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88615 on: February 18, 2015, 02:59:39 am »

It's my last week-and-a-bit in this state, and there is way too much stuff I want to go to on at once.
At this point we're looking at a four-day bender, minimum. R.I.P liver. o_o7
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88616 on: February 18, 2015, 03:50:08 am »

Re: Gender. I honestly couldn't care less about the topic any more. I'm sick of all the whining about all the definitions and pronouns and made up words. You guys (or gals, or whatever the sod you want to call yourselves) can do whatever makes you happy. I would want you to be happy. If someone treats you badly because of it, then they're a shitty person for treating another person badly.
I get that it's important to some people, but to me it's nigh-on wholly irrelevant.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88617 on: February 18, 2015, 03:59:06 am »

Names are also useful. For labeling individual things.

The problem is when a labels define someone instead of describe them, which is a very, very human thing to do. Labels are somewhat dangerous due to this, even though they're useful.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #88618 on: February 18, 2015, 04:56:24 am »

Wanted to proclaim this day to be Raeg day, alas, there is no rage thread for me to use as a medium to propagate this decree of mine.

"Rage thread, a rage thread! My kingdom for a rage thread!"
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88619 on: February 18, 2015, 09:21:29 am »

I've noticed people bringing their rage to the sad and wtf threads. Please be careful not to poison them.
Pages: 1 ... 5906 5907 [5908] 5909 5910 ... 8167