Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5862 5863 [5864] 5865 5866 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447841 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87945 on: February 06, 2015, 11:05:34 am »

I got the same lectures in History classes, because I simply couldn't retain any of the information.
It hurts, but just remember that they are trying to help.
*Pats Cryxis*

I started back on my antidepressants today, so now I get to enjoy all the wonky side effects I feel when I start new medication.
Woo~

My legs are really restless right now.

Might I inquire what ones you are taking?

My experience with them was... mixed. I was on Sertraline initially, gave me the runs, then my therapist told me I shouldn't be on it :-\

So then Venlafaxine, which was awful, for a year-ish. Then withdrawals from that for a few months while taking Mirtazapine, which wasn't too bad, aside from the tiredness and being hungry all the time. Then off things for a year. Back on the Mirtazapine for 4 weeks, during which time I was so viciously and irrationally suicidal I was researching the cyanide content of apricot seeds and seeing how much they would cost to buy, before I had a rare moment of clarity and realised how fucking stupid that was. I decided to stop taking them entirely after that.

Never got off the minimum dosage with any of them, but this was probably more to do with the fact I was all "yeah, they're working fine, no problem." 'cause fuck getting even worse side effects...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87946 on: February 06, 2015, 12:22:00 pm »

I'm sick and my coffee tastes like someone dissolved CuSO4 in it on the sly.

Also today is the first day I've left for home earlier than seven all week.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87947 on: February 06, 2015, 01:11:10 pm »

Hector: It's Venlafaxine that I'm taking. Last time I took it it worked fairly well, so I'm hopeful.
Just need to get through the intial week or two of suckage.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #87948 on: February 06, 2015, 01:17:57 pm »

One more of my cats have disappeared, and I'm suspecting the only cat that remains had something to do with it (always hissed at them anytime they were near them; and even had problems on a near-regular basis with the other cats while they were around; it was even rather annoyed having the dog around). It apparently must've thought it was attention-starved (which it actually wasn't) to the point of possibly murdering the oldest cat, and attempted murder on the cat that recently disappeared (they were near-deathly ill at the same time the elder cat died), along with the disappearance of the first one that went missing months prior to that.

If that be the case, I feel no guilt disowning/exiling it for it's total lack of honor.

It doesn't help that it became ultra-affectionate, way more than usual, and not in an "it'll be all right" kind of attitude, once he was all that was left. I think that cat has gone/been yandere.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:28:28 pm by Itnetlolor »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #87949 on: February 06, 2015, 01:38:26 pm »

Cats are ridiculously territorial beings. If they're not related to each other, chances are there'll be lots of tension, especially if there's limited space. If they have a means of escape, the less-dominant ones will probably take it to some extent.

For example, my mum had a cat, and then another cat came on the scene (essentially by adopting the family, a la DF) and they... didn't get on. Eventually the initial cat buggered off to a family up the street, which was alright, 'cause he wasn't happy in my mum's place.

This isn't to say that they cats can't live together, they'll just usually divvy up the space depending on time of day and their needs.

Edit 'cause I missed stuff: Venlafaxine had that really annoying problem of making me feel really ill when it was getting close to the time I needed to take it as well, usually to the point that moving my eyes made me feel as though my head had received an electric shock. That unfortunately was also the major withdrawal symptom too...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 01:45:04 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87950 on: February 06, 2015, 01:48:13 pm »

My experience with cats has never indicated that they are capable of premeditated murder or complex plots of exile. Or even revenge that happened more than a minute after they get mad at someone or something. They're just solitary, non-social critters half-domesticated to at least function in a social environment. As adults, they're territorial and competitive when they don't have to be, are violent even when playing/happy becsuse of a quirk of their brains, and have a lot less foresight than they tend to get credit for. They're just more independent than dogs, so we assume they must be smarter and more cunning all around.

Put up posters, or look around nearby. Put out some cat food at night even in case they're still around, but don't wait around at the door. Also note that cats that get badly ill tend to give up and try to remove themselves from others when they die; your cat might have decided it was too sick and left of it's own accord, though I hope it's not the case. Just don't hurt the other bitchy cat because its bitchy. Cat probably experienced some kind of developmental trauma that led to that. And good luck finding the other one if it's still around.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87951 on: February 06, 2015, 02:37:10 pm »

Fun fact: animals can and do have psychological disorders.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #87952 on: February 06, 2015, 04:01:15 pm »

Dogs are better at everything other than climbing :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87953 on: February 06, 2015, 04:02:30 pm »

I used to like cats but after getting two exotic shorthair pricks who keep avoiding me, which is in sharp contrast to my adorable beagles, I'm now liking dogs more.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87954 on: February 06, 2015, 04:04:14 pm »

Dogs are better at everything other than climbing :P

I dunno man, I had a dog that could climb like a mofo.  We built a 8-foot tall wire fence that curved inwards at the top, and she still managed to scale it.  At least until she got fat.   :P

Edit:  I also prefer dogs to cats, partly because dogs actually seem to like me, but also because I'm allergic to cat hair.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #87955 on: February 06, 2015, 04:06:56 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:20:52 am by penguinofhonor »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #87956 on: February 06, 2015, 04:09:23 pm »

P1: I have four cats
P2: These cats are friendly
C: All cats are amazing.

That's as full of holes as the Ontological argument :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #87957 on: February 06, 2015, 04:09:58 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:20:58 am by penguinofhonor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87958 on: February 06, 2015, 04:10:28 pm »

I guess my cats are just jerks.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87959 on: February 06, 2015, 04:30:53 pm »

Mine (though a sweet-tempered one) used to wake people up by biting their fingers. Now we just have his old mother, and adoptive sister who's scared of everything (and thus only interacts with people by running and hiding, or coming up to them when they're on the toilet or trying to sleep.)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 5862 5863 [5864] 5865 5866 ... 8167