Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5825 5826 [5827] 5828 5829 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422499 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87390 on: January 24, 2015, 02:41:47 am »

greatorder confirmed for kkk
Mine pls
:-\
Makes me sad that the acronym of KKK is used for a...malevolent band.

Where I'm from--its the acronym of people who stood up for a sincerely good cause, echoed nowadays in the youth as a symbol of freedom (in its benevolent form).

Your version of the Sons Of Liberty, isn't it?

From what i can gather, sortof, except much more organized.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87391 on: January 24, 2015, 02:43:30 am »

Mine pls

Where I'm from--its the acronym of people who stood up for a sincerely good cause, echoed nowadays in the youth as a symbol of freedom (in its benevolent form).

I have no idea what that is, sorry :X Something to research though! :D

General link though! I could go in-depth with their ideals, but that'd take the sad thread into a bigger derail x_x
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:45:13 am by Tiruin »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87392 on: January 24, 2015, 03:01:27 am »

I'm not saying either has much merit :P

Everything humans do is human nature.
There's a tiny bit in that argument though :P I'm leaning more along the description I did because--without the basic physiological needs for survival (having them been fulfilled), there's no need to be...err, asshole-y. I'm still curious (in the meaning of intrigued) to one regard regarding behavior: Why are we affected by such things--if we were not predisposed towards one way, even in part, which is 'good'?

Either way, yeah. I get yer point Dwarfy :P Tis a good one, but there are very tiny subtleties in yours and mine which skim over what makes the difference in people (by which, everyone is unique).

Heh, made me remember one lesson taught early in my school years. The 3 stages of personality x3

"It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people."

To quote Good Omens.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87393 on: January 24, 2015, 03:35:17 am »

Keep trucking. Doing it for your teachers instead of your parents is probably a good way of thinking of it.

Good luck.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #87394 on: January 24, 2015, 03:40:34 am »

Mine pls

I have no idea what that is, sorry :X Something to research though! :D

General link though! I could go in-depth with their ideals, but that'd take the sad thread into a bigger derail x_x
The Sons Of Liberty were the Americans that started the War of Independence back in the 1770s. As far as I can tell, your KKK is essentially the same sort of organization.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87395 on: January 24, 2015, 05:25:29 am »

It's difficult to be enthused about repeatedly re-working a piece of writing in a style you hate, especially when half your feedback is entirely focused on technicalities. I don't actually care that putting a comma there is not correct English I care that if I don't there's a grammatically correct sentence that happens to run on for forty words without a break which is kind of awkward to read especially considering apparently my 'voice' is good as it is which implies I should keep writing in a similar style.

Edit: also when the corrections being suggested would cause tense confusion within the rest of the essay. Aren't these people supposed to be qualified?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:27:28 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #87396 on: January 24, 2015, 10:53:14 am »

This is probably just me making a big thing out of nothing, so please ignore me if you want to.

Well, I lost my will to keep on going and felt terribly depressed.
Then, I decided I won't let this get to me, and I just need to take a break and resume work.
Now I'm stuck in a weird state, both excited and lethargic, unwilling to get anything done and st the same time wanting to do everything at once.
Keep pushing on the determination side. Think it up, even if you feel otherwise, even for a few minutes keep to that better idea.

I managed to push the determination side! That was good.

Now, let me give some context. Taking things out of context is very bad, IMO.

And here we are. It's friday night, and I'm tired, depressed and angry. But you know what? Screw my mom. I'm gonna get this done, wether I do it glumly or not, wether my mom is pissed at me or not, or if I just have to work and do nothing all weekend. I'm not doing it for you, mom, I'm doing it for my teachers, who are actually nice people who I don't wanna let down (and I don't want to let them down because I respect them, not because I'm scared of them), and for me.

Have I said this before?
My patience is wearing thin. Still, I have to keep going.

Well, I have some time to rest now and relax. Tomorrow, I'll have to work. Goodnight, Bay12.
I'm not entirely sure how to voice my support for you in all this, but know it's there. If you've made it this far, you can make it farther.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87397 on: January 24, 2015, 02:54:13 pm »

I don't actually care that putting a comma there is not correct English I care that if I don't there's a grammatically correct sentence that happens to run on for forty words without a break which is kind of awkward to read especially considering apparently my 'voice' is good as it is which implies I should keep writing in a similar style.
Ohiseewutudidthar.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87398 on: January 24, 2015, 03:02:34 pm »

I just did most of my taxes because it was more interesting than the readings for one of my classes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87399 on: January 24, 2015, 04:37:51 pm »

I just did most of my taxes because it was more interesting than the readings for one of my classes.
I sympathize. Just perservere. It'll be over in less time than the eternity it feels like. Beyond that, just take breaks for your health and lean on your friends (including us) for support. We'll offer as much as we can spare!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #87400 on: January 24, 2015, 05:07:49 pm »

Oh, I know. I can do this. It's just that Theories of the Policy Process is the driest thing I've ever read. You could leave a copy of the dictionary in the Sahara for a year, and this would still be drier.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87401 on: January 24, 2015, 05:10:53 pm »

I couldn't get to sleep for ages and now I wake up feeling awful. Let's hope I can get back to sleep for a few more hours, I have stuff to do later...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87402 on: January 24, 2015, 05:32:37 pm »

*snipity snip*

And here we are. It's friday night, and I'm tired, depressed and angry. But you know what? Screw my mom. I'm gonna get this done, wether I do it glumly or not, wether my mom is pissed at me or not, or if I just have to work and do nothing all weekend. I'm not doing it for you, mom, I'm doing it for my teachers, who are actually nice people who I don't wanna let down (and I don't want to let them down because I respect them, not because I'm scared of them), and for me.

Have I said this before?
My patience is wearing thin. Still, I have to keep going.

Well, I have some time to rest now and relax. Tomorrow, I'll have to work. Goodnight, Bay12.
I'm not entirely sure how to voice my support for you in all this, but know it's there. If you've made it this far, you can make it farther.
(っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ
Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #87403 on: January 24, 2015, 05:42:58 pm »

My kid's butt is a waterfall today.  Plus much puking.

The sad... knowing that's going to be me tomorrow, and there's not much I can do about it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #87404 on: January 24, 2015, 05:44:34 pm »

Audrey Hepburn was absolutely gorgeous...

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 5825 5826 [5827] 5828 5829 ... 8167