Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5822 5823 [5824] 5825 5826 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423298 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #87345 on: January 23, 2015, 12:23:56 pm »

I used to like haircuts, but not anymore.
I really like having my hair longer, and I always get sent to the barber's, which makes it worse as I am terrified of the razors they use. Getting cut twice in a row by a razor doesn't help either.
What.
What the hell happened for you to get cut twice by a razor?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #87346 on: January 23, 2015, 12:24:25 pm »

I despise getting a haircut. It's not that I care about my hair, it's just that I have absolutely no idea what to answer to "how do you want it?"

alsoialwaysenduplookinglikeamiddleagedlesbianaftergettingahaircut

Just do as I do - grow it out for eight months, then get it cut back to military style, repeat.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87347 on: January 23, 2015, 12:28:31 pm »

I've always liked getting a haircut, nice to have short, manageable hair..... granted, the alternative is to be completely blind any time I wear my racing gear, so I don't have much of a choice in whether or not I want my hair cut.

Still, getting a haircut at a salon instead of a barber shop isn't emasculating in any sense of the word. Pretty normal experience.

Today's sad; Ow. My fucking head feels like I have little dwarves mining away in there, digging deep into my brain in search of cotton candy. It hurts like hell.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87348 on: January 23, 2015, 12:29:20 pm »

I despise getting a haircut. It's not that I care about my hair, it's just that I have absolutely no idea what to answer to "how do you want it?"

I know right?  They are the hair experts, they should should know how my hair should look.  I usually just say "Short", and if they try to get more info I'll mumble something about Caesar cuts.

I'm also a little terrified of the vacuum thing they use.  I keeping thinking its going to suck my eyes out.   :'(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87349 on: January 23, 2015, 12:32:12 pm »

(( P=NP where N must =1?))

I'm guessing they mean this.
Spoiler: Rough explanation (click to show/hide)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87350 on: January 23, 2015, 01:13:02 pm »

alsoialwaysenduplookinglikeamiddleagedlesbianaftergettingahaircut

At least you're consistent. My past experiences with various... haircutters, I guess, ended with me looking like, among others, a Beatles wannabe and a Bieber wannabe, or just plain doofus.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87351 on: January 23, 2015, 01:16:05 pm »

So, just take my approach to hair. *shrug*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #87352 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:12 pm »

So, just take my approach to hair. *shrug*

I generally do, but I prefer to keep it around chin-length, and now it's gotten to my shoulders, I'm starting to look like Murderface due to unmanaged GRORIOUS VORUMINOUSNESS. Plus, hair falling into a Petri dish is never fun.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87353 on: January 23, 2015, 01:24:29 pm »

Guys worrying about emasculation. Listen. I used to go to an Aveda salon in college, because my hair was longer and the student discount made it affordable. There is nothing more amazing in the world then getting your hair washed. Seriously. As a person with curly hair I never trust my hair to anything but a salon. A lot of people just don't know how to deal with it on men, and I've gotten everything from a way too short cut, to a mullet.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87354 on: January 23, 2015, 03:07:35 pm »

I don't have time to deal with my curly hair, so I just keep it short. However, that shows how gigantic my forehead is...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #87355 on: January 23, 2015, 03:12:57 pm »

My hair grows back too fast, so I just keep my ridiculous curly moptop as-is. :P
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87356 on: January 23, 2015, 03:37:38 pm »

I got to a salon every few months.

$20-plus-tip is wonderfully cheap for some of the best scalp massages I've had while they shampoo my hair :D

Then I get it cut down nice and short on the sides with some sweet stylings ontop.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #87357 on: January 23, 2015, 03:44:42 pm »

Hunh.  I get a razor, grab a length, and buzzsaw all my hair.  Then wait a month and reapply.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #87358 on: January 23, 2015, 05:24:20 pm »

I just to and get a high and tight
Sides shaved off and top about 1-2cm
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #87359 on: January 23, 2015, 06:33:50 pm »

Ponytail FTW! Washing your hair takes a little longer, but cutting it is as simple as pulling it over my shoulder and snipping the last 1/2 inch or so off once a month. Plus it only takes a little bit to convert it over into a simple braid or bun if needed.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 5822 5823 [5824] 5825 5826 ... 8167