Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9486354 times)

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #8715 on: July 31, 2010, 08:04:59 pm »

gonna need to tell us a bit more about that

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: July 31, 2010, 08:05:24 pm »

I'd rather not.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: July 31, 2010, 08:07:12 pm »

was it just like your heart stopped beating for 1/2 second or you stopped breathing or something?
because that would be totally lame  >:(

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: July 31, 2010, 08:09:11 pm »

No, it lasted longer than that.
I don't think your heart stopping for half-a-second counts as clinical death.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: July 31, 2010, 08:12:04 pm »

Oh, you're serious. In that case I really am glad to hear it.

I assume it was some surgery thing or something.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: July 31, 2010, 08:16:06 pm »

Well, I guess you can cross "Die" off of your list of things to do before you die, although it will look rather unorthodox now...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: July 31, 2010, 08:22:56 pm »

was it just like your heart stopped beating for 1/2 second or you stopped breathing or something?

Considering your heart stops every time you sneeze, I doubt that would've been it anyways.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: July 31, 2010, 08:32:08 pm »

Considering your heart stops every time you sneeze, I doubt that would've been it anyways.
well that's why it'd be lame. it's like guys who think they're so awesome cause they climbed a mountain but really they walked up a path designed for old people and cars. "oh huh huh i climbed a mountain what have YOU done recently" "you climbed the stairs..." "w-welll that would be why i did...didn't specify which mountain"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: July 31, 2010, 08:33:40 pm »

Well, I guess you can cross "Die" off of your list of things to do before you die, although it will look rather unorthodox now...

Things to do before I die twice:
  • Rub it into everyone's faces that I'm going to die twice.
  • Beat up a hobo with a paper-mache wiffle bat made from failed sudoku puzzles.

Or at least that's what I'd write.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: July 31, 2010, 08:43:20 pm »

well that's why it'd be lame. it's like guys who think they're so awesome cause they climbed a mountain but really they walked up a path designed for old people and cars. "oh huh huh i climbed a mountain what have YOU done recently" "you climbed the stairs..." "w-welll that would be why i did...didn't specify which mountain"

Hey, those can be hard if you're out of shape.  I walked up Clingman's Dome a few years ago, which is the tallest mountain in the Great Smokies, and there was this immense woman trying to climb up.  She quit like 100 feet up.

It was pretty desolate though, there's some bug killing all the fir trees up there.
Shoes...

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: July 31, 2010, 09:10:52 pm »

Shores of Hazeron isnt working for me, why?
BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT

But then its not only at night, something else must be the problem.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: July 31, 2010, 09:13:09 pm »

Shores of Hazeron isnt working for me, why?
BECAUSE YOU TOUCH YOURSELF AT NIGHT

But then its not only at night, something else must be the problem.
What he's trying to say is you should only do that during the day.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: July 31, 2010, 09:27:06 pm »

The more I learn about Rosewood, the angrier I feel.  He's continuing to cause trouble, even though we have hardly any involvement whatsoever anymore.

I knew he had problems, but I hadn't seen these ones.  He destroys the people he touches and smiles as he does it.  I had thought that he was just misguided and confused, but some of his habits are beginning to appear truly monstrous.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: July 31, 2010, 09:32:01 pm »

This might sound like bad advice, but having very recently dealt with some relatives I could only describe as insanely intentionally destructive, have you tried just not caring about the guy?  Screw him, don't think about him, and let your world carry on without him.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: July 31, 2010, 10:07:52 pm »

This might sound like bad advice, but having very recently dealt with some relatives I could only describe as insanely intentionally destructive, have you tried just not caring about the guy?  Screw him, don't think about him, and let your world carry on without him.

A touch of explanation, to go with my allegations:

He kicked me out of my own goddamned friend group and is doing whatever he can to make me need him again.  Given my situation with other friends (one unbearably annoying, one severely autistic, one in Japan, one in Indiana, one okay but really the sort of person one talks to on the internet for half an hour a month--we never had much/anything in common... and then a few math/English department people I can't really contact to hang out with), it's an extremely bastardly move.  It's especially bastardly because he doesn't think the other friends I have really exist.

He's also trying to convince me to work at his job or take an internship there--more attempts to get me under his thumb.  He views other people as his minions, there to do his bidding, and spends most of our time together

a. Trying to get me to like him (in a sort of devoted, fawning way--he wants a toady/servant, not a girlfriend)
b. Trying to exclude me
c. Trying to make me compliment or validate him.

In other words, I was spending time with him because I was under the misinterpretation that he was just clueless about what to do with a depressed woman, and now that I'm feeling okay I figured I might as well chum up and be friendly.  No, it turns out that he's El Suprimo Asshole, so as you said--this is it for that fucker.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 8167