Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5715 5716 [5717] 5718 5719 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8913148 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85740 on: December 19, 2014, 10:57:57 pm »

Replaced my laptop screen today. I turn it on afterwards, and now my computer won't start up. Got a friend to diagnose it, and apparently, there's a short somewhere. Possibly the motherboard. Can't get the thing fixed until Monday at the earliest, so unlike before, when I just couldn't see certain things, now I can't do anything with it.
I'm tired and depressed. In the last week, I've lost my 3DS, and somehow shorted the motherboard on my laptop without even touching it. How the hell do I keep doing this stuff? Am I really just that unlucky?

Oh, yea, and the most up to date version of SLD is on that laptop, which further delays its release, which I was planning for Monday.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 10:59:41 pm by AlleeCat »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85741 on: December 19, 2014, 11:32:59 pm »

By the way your parents kept treating you I assumed you were pretty young.

Then I took a look at your profile.

Aren't you legally allowed to euthanize your parents at that age?
...is that a thing? Like, anywhere? Legal euthanasia of other people? If so, that's extremely depressing.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85742 on: December 19, 2014, 11:42:30 pm »

People can have advanced directives to, say, have themselves euthanized if they become braindead, but I don't think there's a place where you can have other people legally euthanized against their will.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85743 on: December 19, 2014, 11:46:37 pm »

That was quite obviously a joke.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #85744 on: December 19, 2014, 11:47:49 pm »

Bay 12 cannot the joke

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #85745 on: December 19, 2014, 11:51:51 pm »

Executions are kinda like euthanasia.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85746 on: December 20, 2014, 02:18:38 am »

This hangover seems to have teamed up with my anxiety.
It's like they've combined, voltron style, into some really shit robot in my head. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85747 on: December 20, 2014, 02:28:17 am »

My mother is getting increasingly more insistent that I start going to church again. Like, go with them to church while I'm home for the break. This wouldn't be that big of a problem if it didn't require me to go to a small church group of ~50 or so people and be expected to socialize with complete strangers. Weee, social anxiety.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85748 on: December 20, 2014, 10:20:37 am »

Just learn to enjoy singing hymns~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85749 on: December 20, 2014, 11:08:05 am »

My mother is getting increasingly more insistent that I start going to church again.

can someone else rant for me i can't be fucked

This wouldn't be that big of a problem if it didn't require me to go to a small church group of ~50 or so people and be expected to socialize with complete strangers. Weee, social anxiety.

shit son, my condolences

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85750 on: December 20, 2014, 11:41:24 am »

My mother is getting increasingly more insistent that I start going to church again. Like, go with them to church while I'm home for the break. This wouldn't be that big of a problem if it didn't require me to go to a small church group of ~50 or so people and be expected to socialize with complete strangers. Weee, social anxiety.
This belongs in the rage thread, not the sad thread. Time to punch some nerds.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85751 on: December 20, 2014, 12:21:40 pm »

Probably the worst thing about it is that my mom is basically saying all my problems can be solved by going to church and socializing more. Lack confidence in your musical abilities and question whether your making the right choice for a major? Go to church and pray. Don't have the time to do the things you want? Go to church and spend more time that you already don't have with friends you also don't have. Feel like you're a failure who's wasting your life on stupid worthless junk? Go to church.

Gee, thanks mum.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #85752 on: December 20, 2014, 12:26:45 pm »

Probably the worst thing about it is that my mom is basically saying all my problems can be solved by going to church and socializing more. Lack confidence in your musical abilities and question whether your making the right choice for a major? Go to church and pray. Don't have the time to do the things you want? Go to church and spend more time that you already don't have with friends you also don't have. Feel like you're a failure who's wasting your life on stupid worthless junk? Go to church.

Gee, thanks mum.
Have you ever tried to talk to her about that? Especially the "spend time you don't have with friends you don't have" part?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85753 on: December 20, 2014, 03:48:05 pm »

After a month long stay, my parents are sending their new dog back to a shelter. He takes things and chews them up, even swallowing them, time and time again. He won't drop them if you ask and apparently fights angrily to keep them if they persist. Even if you do manage to get it from him one way or another, he'll just grab something else and destroy that too. He gets in trouble for this so often that he doesn't trust my parents anymore, who have hardly any patience left for him. It's probably for the best.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85754 on: December 20, 2014, 07:19:39 pm »

I'd like a proper place to sit, so I'm not hurting my back or wrenching my neck. Or a nice big pit to go disappear into. That'd be nice too.

I still don't know what to say about my marks. Not like I have much interest in the course. Or in much of anything, for that matter. Only in college because I'm told to be. Though I have no idea what I want to do for a career. I'm just throwing darts at the wall right now, and it seems like I'm missing the board entirely.

I've been told to get more interests than just gaming. I don't know what though. I don't have much care for anything. Or much of a personality. Or much of anything, really. The only reason I do anything is because I'm told to, and even then it usually takes a lot of effort on the other person's part to get me to do whatever it is they want me to do. Maybe my mom was right on insisting that I not be left alone over the weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 5715 5716 [5717] 5718 5719 ... 8159