Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5713 5714 [5715] 5716 5717 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8913153 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #85710 on: December 17, 2014, 04:05:08 pm »

Cutting myself is not a meaningful way to achieve anyting, no matter how much it seems so.

I tell others that all the time, why am I getting it wrong again?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #85711 on: December 17, 2014, 04:25:09 pm »

Cutting myself is not a meaningful way to achieve anyting, no matter how much it seems so.

I tell others that all the time, why am I getting it wrong again?
:o

Arx, what's wrong? What is troubling you so?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #85712 on: December 17, 2014, 04:39:31 pm »

I guess most of it boils down to the fact that I put a lot of pressure on myself to be perfect. I don't like to inconvenience other people at all, I don't like to have flaws. If I do something stupid in the wrong frame of mind, I can get into a weird headspace. That occasionally leads to doing dumber things, like cutting words into my skin even when I know it's a terrible idea. I'm better than I used to be about it, at least, although that's almost more irritating - I'm better than this, dammit.

I suppose this is mostly venting, per the standard of this thread. Telling someone or someones about it seems like the kind of thing that should help.
Don't worry about me deciding to just up and end it all or somesuch. Just in more than a bit of a strange mood.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #85713 on: December 17, 2014, 04:44:31 pm »

Arx  :(

If you wanna talk or anything, I'm sure I could restrain myself from debating religion for a time at least...

And everyone has flaws, Arx. I'm sure yours are cracks where others have chasms.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #85714 on: December 17, 2014, 04:57:16 pm »

I guess most of it boils down to the fact that I put a lot of pressure on myself to be perfect. I don't like to inconvenience other people at all, I don't like to have flaws.

Oh hey, it's me. But it's you. Are you me.

Yeah, speaking from personal experience, having high standards for yourself can be a motivating thing, but not when it's unrealistically high unachievable expectations or anything that causes you to feel pressure or stress. Like, that just made me procrastinate on doing anything rather than try to do anything. And by procrastinating I made myself feel worse. And by feeling worse I had more pressure to be perfect to make up for the procrastinating and the extra stress made me procrastinate more and you can see the cycle.

So, yeah, extreme perfectionism can be a self-destructive thing. Try to lower the standards a bit, chances are most people don't have as high an expectation of you as you have of yourself.

Also, gonna be Captain Obvious and say there's better ways to vent than cutting. Like playing violent video games. Or making artsy feely angsty art. Or writing. Or music. Or going to the top of the highest tower around and screaming it all out. Haven't tried that last one though.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #85715 on: December 17, 2014, 05:30:10 pm »

Mournful, classical music seems surprisingly calming.

Unrelated sad: Normal Bridwell, creator of Clifford, has died.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85716 on: December 17, 2014, 05:59:57 pm »

No, it's not. :( Try to find another outlet... that stuff can be dangerous.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85717 on: December 17, 2014, 06:49:37 pm »

Late for the sunburn discussion, but yes, you can get burned in really cold temps.  I'm speaking from experience here after I got sunburn after being out on a frozen lake in ~20 degree Fahrenheit (about -10 Celsius) temps a couple of winters ago on an extremely bright sunny day.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85718 on: December 17, 2014, 07:42:41 pm »

I don't like having to sit at the dinner table while I'm on my laptop. Nowhere else to sit though. With my mom nearby, it feels like I'm being watched, and judged. I feel like that whenever anyone's nearby me, really. Though even if there was no-one around I still wouldn't really be doing anything different. I can't bring myself to do much of anything other than play videogames, even though it feels like a chore to do that, rather than doing it for entertainment.

I feel like I have no control over my life. I don't have the willpower to do things on my own, and it seems like I'm unable to do other things because of people around me. Someone has to give me permission or constantly push me to get me to do even simple things. I don't even have control over my own facial hair. My mom is making me wear a goatee. I hate it, but it's how I have to grow my beard because my mom likes it.

I wish I could be alone. Or disappear from existence entirely.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85719 on: December 17, 2014, 07:45:24 pm »

My mom is making me wear a goatee. I hate it, but it's how I have to grow my beard because my mom likes it.
"When I was shaving, I cut it too close, then it was uneven, then I tried to fix it, but it was unsalvageable. Maybe next time."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85720 on: December 18, 2014, 12:52:16 am »

I just got home, and learned that my sister's grades came in yesterday.
...she won't be going to college next semester.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85721 on: December 18, 2014, 03:31:02 pm »

My 3DS slipped out of my pocket on the bus yesterday, and I didn't notice the lack of weight in my jacket until I got home. Called Metro lost and found last night and this morning, to no avail. Now I'm checking Craigslist daily to find a replacement system and make sure nobody is selling mine.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85722 on: December 18, 2014, 04:18:55 pm »

The direction that Games Workshop seems to be going in.

Problem is that I live with a bunch of new-starters, and they're all 'I don't see the problem with (Unbound/Superheavies/S:D/Draigo)'.
I can only argh pathetically as they buy all of these things and then play with a massive field advantage because of my outdated 'standards'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85723 on: December 18, 2014, 06:45:49 pm »

The direction that Games Workshop seems to be going in.

Problem is that I live with a bunch of new-starters, and they're all 'I don't see the problem with (Unbound/Superheavies/S:D/Draigo)'.
I can only argh pathetically as they buy all of these things and then play with a massive field advantage because of my outdated 'standards'.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #85724 on: December 18, 2014, 07:53:36 pm »

403 Forbidden, eh?

That hotlink won't display the image unless it's already in your cache. Upload it somewhere else so you're not leeching their bandwidth :P

Also, is that a mech piloted by somebody already wearing power armor? Because that's silly.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5713 5714 [5715] 5716 5717 ... 8159