Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5632 5633 [5634] 5635 5636 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9422710 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84495 on: November 15, 2014, 12:59:20 pm »

One of my father's friends just had a heart attack, and I just heard that he'll probably need open heart surgery. My dad seems confident that the guy will be fine, since the same thing has happened to him and he survived, but I'm still a little bit scared. His wife is also extremely nervous and you could hear the shock in her voice when she was on the phone with my mother.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #84496 on: November 15, 2014, 02:17:13 pm »

Just got back from a short visit to a funeral.

My dad offers to get me lunch after he's done a couple things in his garage. He is a prisoner of his own anger.

He can't get the hood up on a car and rants about how stupid engineers are (admittedly a problem with design at times), and rambles. He finally asks if I can find it, I feel around and do in about 20 or 30 seconds to open it. He is impatient the whole time. I ask when he'll be ready to go and he gets pissed and cancels the whole thing. I try to tell him to calm down to which he replies "calm down your ass!"

He stood there bitching about car design for a good 5 or 10 minutes instead of searching for it. That's why I said to calm down... [sigh].
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #84497 on: November 15, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »

My family's found out why they haven't been getting any eggs from our chickens: they've been eating them as soon as they lay them.

Just got back from a short visit to a funeral.

My dad offers to get me lunch after he's done a couple things in his garage. He is a prisoner of his own anger.

He can't get the hood up on a car and rants about how stupid engineers are (admittedly a problem with design at times), and rambles. He finally asks if I can find it, I feel around and do in about 20 or 30 seconds to open it. He is impatient the whole time. I ask when he'll be ready to go and he gets pissed and cancels the whole thing. I try to tell him to calm down to which he replies "calm down your ass!"

He stood there bitching about car design for a good 5 or 10 minutes instead of searching for it. That's why I said to calm down... [sigh].

Sounds like he might still be a bit emotionally stressed, and is handling it poorly, i.e. taking it out on others. If it's not too tactless for me to ask, who died?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84498 on: November 15, 2014, 02:59:43 pm »

Yeah they do that sometimes to regain valuable proteins.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84499 on: November 15, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »

But now that they've got the habit, we'll have to do vindictive things wish mustard and/or dish soap to make them stop.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84500 on: November 15, 2014, 03:12:50 pm »

But now that they've got the habit, we'll have to do vindictive things wish mustard and/or dish soap to make them stop.
Couldn't you just feed them more?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84501 on: November 15, 2014, 03:27:52 pm »

We give them the formulated egg-layer feed, as well as the reinforced stuff, and they get plenty of bugs. At this point they're doing it out of habit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #84502 on: November 15, 2014, 03:44:30 pm »

...what are you going to do with mustard and dish soap? Spread it around their cloaca so it immediately covers the eggs? O-o
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84503 on: November 15, 2014, 03:52:57 pm »

Take store-bought eggs, blow them, fill them with mustard and/or dish soap, leave them in the coop. The chickens will peck them, only to get a taste of something foul, and learn to associate pecking eggs with that taste. Of course, this also requires that we be on the lookout to intercept undoctored eggs so they don't get mixed signals, though some sources suggest the mustard/dish soap experience is so horrible that it would discourage them even if we didn't.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84504 on: November 15, 2014, 04:17:53 pm »

Lovely. My emotionally abusive mother has told me that a funeral is no excuse to let any weakness show. She stated that they happen every day and that you have to move on. Keep in mind that the funeral was this morning. It has not been 6 hours yet....

I very briefly and slightly lashed back at her a bit by saying, "Mooommmm...." in a low rising tone that ended in an exclamation point that basically should've communicated to anybody, "really, you don't comprehend this is not ok?"

She mockingly repeated me and I told her she needed to stop. I just walked away from her ranting after that. Something or other about "grow up!" No matter your age, the death of friends and funerals will lead to sadness. At some point, every culture on earth recognizes the right to grieve, and it seems this is unacceptable to her.... Her actions are unacceptable bullshit, but she is in such stupid denial that there is no point in talking to her about it. I'm just going to try and not let it bother me....

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84505 on: November 15, 2014, 04:19:05 pm »

And you're still talking to her because...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84506 on: November 15, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »

You don't get to chose your parents I suppose. [sigh].

Please don't quote me.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84507 on: November 15, 2014, 04:20:40 pm »

I advise completely ignoring her.

No vocal interaction.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84508 on: November 15, 2014, 04:21:41 pm »

And that prevents you from cutting ties? I do not comprehend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84509 on: November 15, 2014, 04:23:21 pm »

Geeze, did she have tons of funerals of people she knew over her youth and got horribly desensitized?

Yes they 'happen every day' theres going to be one somewhere in the world, but to you, they don't happen every day (unless you're in one of those war torn regions).
Pages: 1 ... 5632 5633 [5634] 5635 5636 ... 8167