Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5621 5622 [5623] 5624 5625 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9432895 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #84330 on: November 12, 2014, 01:21:05 pm »

The job I scheduled an interview for was filled before I even got into town. I told them I'd come in anyway because apparently they may offer me other jobs later, but they don't have any openings anymore. Am sad. :(
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #84331 on: November 12, 2014, 01:24:58 pm »

I'm still having PTSD attacks, I detest my job (though not as much as I used to detest my jobs), and my grandmother is dying. I'm frustrated because I want to take better care of myself right now, but I can't. I'm having one of those days where I don't know how I'm going to get through the day.

(hug) I am also having lovely panic attacks, and per usual, everybody wants me to fix their problems. Mine are non existant or not as important because it doesn't bother them.... I am looked at as an asshole when I am fored to say no.

All of this leaves me less able to deal with my own issues and some lovely and hopefully needless fear.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #84332 on: November 12, 2014, 01:40:54 pm »

I was up till 5:30 before I said "screw this," but instead of 1.5 hours of sleep I woke up suddenly after 4 hours. Apparently I'd been out like a rock, so my roommates failed in waking me. Which means, yet again, I missed my 9AM class.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84333 on: November 12, 2014, 01:45:17 pm »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:55:52 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #84334 on: November 12, 2014, 01:47:00 pm »

That's... interesting. Regardless, good luck Vec. Take as much leave as your jobs will let you.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #84335 on: November 12, 2014, 01:50:11 pm »

No matter how many times Vector talks about her family, she always manages to surprise me.

Usually not in a particularly good way either >.>

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84336 on: November 12, 2014, 01:56:26 pm »

I'm still having PTSD attacks, I detest my job (though not as much as I used to detest my jobs), and my grandmother is dying. I'm frustrated because I want to take better care of myself right now, but I can't. I'm having one of those days where I don't know how I'm going to get through the day.

If you don't mind me asking, PTSD from what? I'm just wondering.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84337 on: November 12, 2014, 02:09:13 pm »

This is rather lame compared to others but, my sad today is that my Pathfinder game with friends won't happen again this week. Conflicting schedules have prevented us for playing for about a month now. Despite the huge gaps between sessions, I'm starting to gain a bit of confidence as a DM, but without regular sessions it's really hard to get really good.
I'd love to join someone else game or something somewhere, but my schedule can be wonky due to kids etc. and I'm oddly self conscious about being the person with the restrictive schedule (the only reason I'm ok with my pathfinder game is because it's just close friends). Also, I'm really weird about joining new groups, and don't think I could build up the courage to RP with strangers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84338 on: November 12, 2014, 02:10:36 pm »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:55:16 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84339 on: November 12, 2014, 04:49:18 pm »

all the disney channel "teenage sitcom for teenagers with teenage troubles" crap they subsist on.
The TV at my house is constantly tuned to the Disney Channel because one of my housemates is an obnoxious 19 year old asshole who hasn't mentally aged a minute since he was 14 and whines endlessly unless he has the remote. You weren't kidding about the content, either. One of the shows is literally Hannah Montana with different characters. There's also "talking dog that everyone has to hide the identity of" and "show about a group of siblings who get into wacky hijinks." Pretty sure Disney Channel has never produced a single second of original content since the 90s.

Meanwhile, Cartoon Network continues to produce actual quality content in the form of The Amazing World of Gumball, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe, but he hates cartoons and says they're "retarded."
Did I mention he's super flamboyant and swears up and down that he's straight and has a girlfriend, despite everything about him being gay as Christmas morning and living in LGBT housing? Yea, I hate him.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #84340 on: November 12, 2014, 04:58:24 pm »

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 02:25:06 pm by penguinofhonor »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84341 on: November 12, 2014, 05:04:33 pm »

Also, Phineas and Furb. But like Allee said, apparently the guy hates cartoons.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #84342 on: November 12, 2014, 05:13:42 pm »

Good luck to all of you guys, you fuckin' deserve some.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84343 on: November 12, 2014, 05:19:10 pm »

swears up and down that he's straight and has a girlfriend, [...] living in LGBT housing?
:I
Spoiler: But really though? (click to show/hide)

People like him are the reason why we need some official ranking of obnoxiousness. Like DEFCON but... CRINGECON?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84344 on: November 12, 2014, 05:21:46 pm »

I lived in an LGBT dorm last year, and I'm not any of those vOv

But that guy does sound abnoxious.

EDIT for a sad:
Zoboomafoo died today
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:44:56 pm by HugoLuman »
Pages: 1 ... 5621 5622 [5623] 5624 5625 ... 8167