Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5595 5596 [5597] 5598 5599 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9451160 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83940 on: November 03, 2014, 03:09:40 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:04:54 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83941 on: November 03, 2014, 03:32:58 am »

Hallucinating.

I feel so alone.
I'm a little late here, mostly because I didn't know what to say. A lot of people around me, three as of you, are starting to have episodes of disassociation. I can PM you my cell number for texting or offer you my PM box or steam (I'm friended already, under RoadVirus, I think, from a giveaway). Reality is here, and we're here for you when you come down. You will make it through, Vector. You have before. You're strong, too. You've made it through a lot and it's done its damages, but you've carried on and you've done a lot of wonderful things, poor circumstances be damned.

Thank you. I've been dissociating since I was very little, actually; it has grown more frightening as I've gotten older, simply because there's more and more I'm cut off from (since there's more and more stuff inside). Usually it does not get to the point where I see and feel things that are not there, though. That I find very bothersome. Last time I thought I had wounds in my mouth for months.

This time I drew a picture of myself waking up and I feel a lot better. Kind of funny, I guess? Maybe I'll try drawing more pictures. Got kind of into it.

I might actually ask you for your cell number, though I warn you that it is highly likely that a. you will never receive anything and also that b. anything you receive will be a bucket full of crazy, namely "communicating" snippets of theorems and poetry quotations (followed by complaints about everyone having their heads up their asses too far to be able to figure out what I'm trying to say) if the typical habits reign.

I'll be sure to reply with complaints about computer science things and my feelings about robots (they are very positive ones). Glad you're feeling better :)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #83942 on: November 03, 2014, 04:57:36 am »

I am terrible at handling money.
The month isn't even halfway over and I'm already overdrawn D:

I know I shouldn't be complaining because I don't have actual money problems but it still kinda sucks...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #83943 on: November 03, 2014, 04:59:18 am »

Talking about money, I've probably lost about $1500.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #83944 on: November 03, 2014, 05:00:19 am »

I'm still regretting my holiday to Spain :/

Other than being there with friends it wasn't even fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83945 on: November 03, 2014, 05:18:22 am »

HOLY freeken super cow!

I just had someone attempt to post all my private messages on this chat I go to publically...

and WOOSH are there some embarrassing secrets on there.

I am soo thankful they were bad at keeping logs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83946 on: November 03, 2014, 08:46:53 am »

Glad you're doin' better, Vector. I hope an eternity passes before it gets that bad again.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83947 on: November 03, 2014, 10:25:10 am »

Sigh.

I hate teenage moodiness. I hate sounding like an angsty bitch when I'm in those moods. I hate it not being in a definite 'this is when it'll happen' schedule. I just generally hate the moodiness that accompanies growing up.

Doesn't help that I remember the stupid things I've done on here. Neither does remembering stupid stuff from real life.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #83948 on: November 03, 2014, 10:28:50 am »

Oh god had a test this morning that I could've studied for the night before if I wasn't still basically hungover from the anti-depressants.

Don't know what to do now. The whole medication thing was pretty much my last hope of "fixing" myself. Assuming there's even anything to fix and I'm not just naturally unhappy 90% of the time. If the medication makes me feel this messed up then I'll have to do something about it. Get a different medication, ask the doctor about it, something.

Either option seems shitty; take the meds and feel awful now, or don't take the meds and probably feel awful in the future when I'm utterly miserable for no clear reason.

I don't know anymore. I want to give up and sleep. Good thing it's Monday and I have no free time for sleep.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83949 on: November 03, 2014, 10:40:26 am »

How long have you been taking this medication? Stick with it for at least two weeks. If the side effects persist, go see your doctor, but for the love of all that is holy, don't just stop taking the stuff. It does more damage than just continuing.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83950 on: November 03, 2014, 10:44:03 am »

Blugh, feeling sickly.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #83951 on: November 03, 2014, 10:49:08 am »

Have you ever had crushing apathy toward your responsibilities? It's one of those days...
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83952 on: November 03, 2014, 10:49:56 am »

Well, I told my dad I almost stabbed myself last night and he laughed, then told me my aunt has Seasonal Affective Disorder.
And then he walked away... Was that supposed to help? I don't even understand.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83953 on: November 03, 2014, 11:00:36 am »

Well, I told my dad I almost stabbed myself last night and he laughed, then told me my aunt has Seasonal Affective Disorder.
And then he walked away... Was that supposed to help? I don't even understand.

O.o

that is all.......................

Maybe talk to your aunt instead? :P or talk to someone who will take you seriously.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83954 on: November 03, 2014, 11:11:24 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 10:04:29 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 5595 5596 [5597] 5598 5599 ... 8167