Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5569 5570 [5571] 5572 5573 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9465653 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #83550 on: October 25, 2014, 02:58:03 pm »

Minus the fact that I feel like crap for having done it
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #83551 on: October 25, 2014, 03:19:37 pm »

Through exertion comes a fitter organ, whether mental or otherwise. It's better to think than to ignore things. Better to jog than walk.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #83552 on: October 25, 2014, 03:23:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Step 1. Drop out of all the arguments.
Step 2. Spend that time learning interesting and obscure stuff about the universe. It's like reading Lovecraft.
Step 3. Stop caring about arguments because things like this are much more intellectually interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_%2B_2_%2B_3_%2B_4_%2B_%E2%8B%AF

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83553 on: October 25, 2014, 04:41:33 pm »

Very small sad in magnitude but argh.
Net keeps on going x_z following its usual on/off state, yet more on the 'nope, *off' these past days that I can't get a reliable connection at home, that I can't complete major projects just  afew days from midterms, and also other duties I can't do because off;ed net.

:-\

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83554 on: October 25, 2014, 04:50:00 pm »

Step 3. Stop caring about arguments because things like this are much more intellectually interesting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_%2B_2_%2B_3_%2B_4_%2B_%E2%8B%AF

What. brb learning maths forever
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #83555 on: October 25, 2014, 04:54:26 pm »

Blergh. I had to get up at 5 AM, travel for 1.5 hour (and discover I wasted my money on another bus), then take a 5+ hour long test, then travel back for 2+ hours while a guy on the train kept yammering about how a non-compartmented traincar is awful because it's non-smoking (smoking is banned on the entire train, didn't bother his line of argument at all), while LITERALLY swearing every other word.

And I'm gonna have to go through all this again tomorrow, except this time it's not for a 5 hour long exam, but for one that's... 17 minutes long. Like, the entirety of it.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83556 on: October 25, 2014, 08:15:44 pm »

That link just lead to me spending a few hours reading about different mathematics topics on wikipedia.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #83557 on: October 25, 2014, 08:50:31 pm »

That link just lead to me spending a few hours reading about different mathematics topics on wikipedia.
And not a single moment of that time wasted on pointless internet arguments! See? Working already.
Have some numbers that rotate. http://acko.net/blog/how-to-fold-a-julia-fractal/

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83558 on: October 26, 2014, 12:20:18 am »

Eeh.. Unrelated sads here. My back's been hurting lately, especially when doing certain exercises, most likely because it's shaped like a capital L with my hips at the end of the horizontal segment. In addition, the same problem means that if I lie on my back, it feels as though my chest is physically compressed and my ribs ache, accompainied by my breathing actually hurting.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #83559 on: October 26, 2014, 12:37:18 am »

And not a single moment of that time wasted on pointless internet arguments! See? Working already.
Have some numbers that rotate. http://acko.net/blog/how-to-fold-a-julia-fractal/

Science teacher proved the first one in class the other day. Was pretty weid, but it does make sense to an extent.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #83560 on: October 26, 2014, 02:35:34 am »

Guys, I'm so done with everything. Can I just not?
Can I just have a week without something going horribly wrong? Or even a few days?

I had hoped that with my mom being gone for the weekend I could relax and be cheerful for once. Nope, apparently not.

Can people just learn that anger doesn't solve problems? Working together to fix it does, not attacking people when they do something wrong and then leaving them hurt.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 02:43:31 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83561 on: October 26, 2014, 02:44:12 am »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:59:29 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83562 on: October 26, 2014, 02:50:53 am »

Aww :<

More time to prepare for next year I guess?
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #83563 on: October 26, 2014, 03:12:07 am »

Can people just learn that anger doesn't solve problems? Working together to fix it does, not attacking people when they do something wrong and then leaving them hurt.
On the bright side: You already know that--and you can apply it to everyone else, and/or find ways to let those people who use anger to solve their problems realize it doesn't work at all.
In which violence is the leading cause of pretty much 99% of the problems in life and in people (in the field of emotional and mental states)

I missed the date for the math GRE and will be applying to graduate schools next year. Not this year.
*muchhugs*
 :-\
On the bright side: +1 year for self-improvement :> The only limiting idea to that is if you'd judge/compare age by...some kind of idea that makes age a bad thing to judge from. Though that's from my perception here and from others who've missed [similar_events], like the boarding exam for MedTechs.
In which we get to work at 21 years old if it all works out.
But the pressure ._.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83564 on: October 26, 2014, 03:38:22 am »

Hey now - anger is a totally valid emotion to feel. You can't just say "feel emotions but god forbid you get angry!" That's just silly... And how it used to be for society.

It's really more how that anger is expressed that's really terrible and shitty. Which is why adults are bad at it right now because they were never taught how to properly handle anger.
Pages: 1 ... 5569 5570 [5571] 5572 5573 ... 8167