Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5506 5507 [5508] 5509 5510 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9471455 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #82605 on: October 04, 2014, 12:07:55 pm »

Somebody deleted their account and closed all their PRs because I merged another PR...

What. Why are you accepting PRs from six-year-olds?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #82606 on: October 04, 2014, 12:14:10 pm »

I don't get how you people offer emotional support without seeming insincere.
Honestly, to me, all of the 'internet hug' stuff looks insincere. Even though I know they are well-meant, it just... empty.
Actual comments are different though.
Pretty trivial there :-\
There's a difference between what 'looks' and what 'is', and therein lies in how you perceive it.
Though it seems that its an assumption that leads to a conclusion...rather than staying as an abstract thought to ponder upon.

Honestly, to me, all of the 'internet hug' stuff looks insincere. Even though I know they are well-meant, it just... empty.
Well looks like I'm done trying to give support
No, ya ain't. Just because there's a note of doubt despite what you know you're doing is good doesn't mean you drop it--its an opinion of theirs, and there are details backing it up to make it reasonable to them.
Spoiler: Like for example (click to show/hide)
Keep doing it despite the world hating it because it is good...is something I've read as a proverb somewhere that I forgot the name or exact wording of and which may be read differently because of lacking exact wording. :I
But that 'good' is...more like what is inherent, rather than an excuse to back up a bad act.
I seriously need to find that exact wording >_>

« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:17:32 pm by Tiruin »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82607 on: October 04, 2014, 12:20:56 pm »

Somebody deleted their account and closed all their PRs because I merged another PR...

What. Why are you accepting PRs from six-year-olds?
It's weird, the dude was always friendly and stuff and didn't even give a strong dislike to the PR in question...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #82608 on: October 04, 2014, 12:21:08 pm »

What the hell's a PR?
Shoes...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #82609 on: October 04, 2014, 12:23:23 pm »

Public Relationships.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82610 on: October 04, 2014, 12:25:00 pm »

What the hell's a PR?
Pull Request on Github.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82611 on: October 04, 2014, 12:46:04 pm »

Spoiler: rant (click to show/hide)
I'll shut up about it now.

*Offers paltry attempts at sincerity towards people with actual problems*
*Also orders more vocabulary help books for Tiruin*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82612 on: October 04, 2014, 12:57:26 pm »

* LordSlowpoke flips desk

it works

i don't know what the fuck i did to make it work but this bastard will live another day

* LordSlowpoke sets desk back into firing position

technology is thunder -h+s towards wizerd i guess

* LordSlowpoke sits on desk

and now, to build a sensible bridge

* LordSlowpoke launches self into distance

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #82613 on: October 04, 2014, 01:28:34 pm »

You probably had something not quite seated.  I had that problem with my new computer and it cost me quite a bit of money because I assumed instead of troubleshooting.  The scientific method is no joke, son.

Step one:  Bought new mobo, CPU, GPU, and RAM.

Step two:  It works, but it keeps hard crashing.

Step 3:  Assumed my old PSU with a dual rail setup and very high failure rate past two years (four years old right now) was either dying or unable to power my new mobo/CPU combo.

Step 4:  New PSU.  Now mobo won't post.

Step 5:  Pout.

Step 6:  Pout and huff and stomp around.

Step 7:  Do the troubleshooting steps outlined in my last post

Step 8:  Turns out I unseated my RAM trying to jam that fucking 24-pin into the mobo.

Step 9:  Still crashing.

Step 10:  Try furmark, GPU hits 100c in 30 seconds.  Fan reads 0rpm

Step 11:  fuuuuuuck

Never assume.  Test everything.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 01:59:12 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82614 on: October 04, 2014, 01:37:51 pm »

Never assume.  Test everything.
Are you my dad.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82615 on: October 04, 2014, 03:02:37 pm »

There's a difference between what 'looks' and what 'is', and therein lies in how you perceive it.
Though it seems that its an assumption that leads to a conclusion...rather than staying as an abstract thought to ponder upon.

Well looks like I'm done trying to give support
No, ya ain't. Just because there's a note of doubt despite what you know you're doing is good doesn't mean you drop it--its an opinion of theirs, and there are details backing it up to make it reasonable to them.
Spoiler: Like for example (click to show/hide)
Keep doing it despite the world hating it because it is good...is something I've read as a proverb somewhere that I forgot the name or exact wording of and which may be read differently because of lacking exact wording. :I
But that 'good' is...more like what is inherent, rather than an excuse to back up a bad act.
I seriously need to find that exact wording >_>
I came here just to say hello, and it's nice to see that you guys are still you, discussing the properties of internet hugs and all :).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82616 on: October 04, 2014, 03:10:50 pm »

UGH!!!

I can feel myself edging towards depression but I am in the stage when I can actually stop it before it happens...

Not quite sure what I am going to do.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82617 on: October 04, 2014, 03:56:47 pm »

Let's see... if I dumped my entire savings into the lottery, I'd have a 0.5% chance of turning a profit, but I'd almost certainly win something!

EDIT: And actually there's quite a bit of debate as to whether or not sleep is beneficial or harmful to treat concussions.
What it is is that concussions heal faster when you sleep (hence why they make you feel tired), but if you got a concussion you might have also torn a vein in your head. Which generally means bad stuff. So they want you concious so you don't slip into a coma if you have.

What it actually is, is a holdover from older times when doctors couldn't tell if you were deathly drunk or just badly concussed. Sleep is good for a concussion, passing out while drunk means you asphyxiate on vomit or die of alcohol poisoning.

UGH!!!

I can feel myself edging towards depression but I am in the stage when I can actually stop it before it happens...

Wow yeah I hate that. The apathy builds up and it just sucks. I hate is especially because it's hard on my girlfriend when I'm not myself.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82618 on: October 04, 2014, 06:13:32 pm »

... I have no idea what that meant  :-[
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82619 on: October 04, 2014, 06:27:31 pm »

Internet Hugs: I like seeing other people doing that "here, have some support" kind of thing without any actual help or advice. It feels insincere when I do it, though, so I usually don't.
I'm also concerned that I'll say something wrong and then I'll look like a dick. That happen fairly often.

See a professional? I dunno. It might not be the best decision financially. Still, that's what I did, and it seems to be working.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5506 5507 [5508] 5509 5510 ... 8167