Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5438 5439 [5440] 5441 5442 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9415946 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #81585 on: September 17, 2014, 11:07:13 pm »

Once again inserting my opinion, take it or leave it to be picked up and recycled

If someone gets a sex change then any sexual partner that they have without telling them that they got a sex change, they would be lying to. Imagine if you will a man walks into [insert favorite social local in which you physically see a person] and sees a cute girl and he decides to ask her out, she feels the same and they go on a date. They get into an intimate relationship and want to get married, the girl tells the guy that she had a sex change and she was born a man.

I don't know about you but if I was that guy I would feel lied to and cheated
So in my opinion it doesn't just affect the person that gets the change but it also affects anyone they are intimate with

I must reiterate as not to sound like a jerk
To each his own
My opinion is no better than yours

That's more a reflection on the person who gets the sex change, though, rather than on the concept of a sex change itself. If a post-op transgendered person doesn't tell their significant other about the fact that they weren't always a guy/gal, they're dishonest. That's it. Not all people who get sex changes are dishonest, nor are they transformed into dishonest people. Besides, wouldn't you feel a bit weird about telling someone something like that, especially if it affected the chances that you'd get to know someone better? You couldn't exactly fault someone for lying about that (initially, at least).

Sorry to seem vaguely confrontational, especially after your friend passed away.

Don't be sorry
You gave your opinion
If you were trying to bash on me I would be mad but I don't think you were trying to bash
but also those around you and those you care for

Oh, come on. My parents are very disappointed that I'm bisexual, and that's their fucking problem. Objective's parents can deal if they don't like it.
I wasn't limiting that to just their parents, it was for their friends, other relatives they love, sexual partner(s), etc
I said loved ones not those who birthed you
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #81586 on: September 17, 2014, 11:07:48 pm »

Gcat's over here treating Bay12 like the annual KKK meeting, like Bay12 isn't the most liberal forum on the interwebs (I kid ;))

Honestly, I think the kid should wait, but that might just be my personal opinion coloring things. In any other situation, i'd say 'who gives a shit go ahead,' but I think s/he should wait till' his/her head's in the right place.

@Vector: It's not really a matter of whether or not it's right (see: who gives a good god damn), it's more of a matter of a sex change being a pretty long term change, and 16 being a pretty young age to make that decision.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #81587 on: September 17, 2014, 11:10:06 pm »

I'm inclined to discourage, or at least temper the possibility of a sex change, with the reminded that teenagers are really bad at making informed, objective (pardon the pun) choices. Objective is sixteen IIRC, and honestly I don't think that's the best age to be making this kind of decision.
My personal opinion is leaning heavily towards the "no, don't do that" direction, but feel free to disregard that as you wish.
My advice to you is to wait, and make sure you understand all of the implications. Talk to people about it. Research the topic as much as possible. Make sure this is what you want to do before you do it.

Other than that, though, I'll leave it up to you to decide, and I will provide what small amount of support that I can.
I'd argue that its more on not the age, but on the maturity of understanding of the situation. In Objective's case, the cause to the effects seem extremely skewed :/ And rather an effect of an assumption beforehand, to detail without giving specifics about the matter, hence why me and Furtuka are very much against advicing going for a sex change...the reason we've heard is not holistic and...pretty much would lead to future frustration given the depth of it :\

And it's rather the reason why he's opting for it (and by that I mean the reason behind THAT reason >.>) on why we argue against it, for him, because by the story he's telling us, and assuming that's the whole case, then its not a good reason to undergo such factors. Sex changes have a VERY broad scope of changes that don't only go physically...

but also those around you and those you care for

Oh, come on. My parents are very disappointed that I'm bisexual, and that's their fucking problem. Objective's parents can deal if they don't like it.
You're awesomely bisexual, if that helps ._.
They may not understand sexuality given that. And that is sad...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81588 on: September 17, 2014, 11:11:33 pm »

This smells like it is going to go to dark places involving mutes and such. Just my two cents. I'm probably stupid and wrong as-per-usual, and the fact that I am currently drugged up due to sickness isn't helping.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81589 on: September 17, 2014, 11:11:55 pm »

@Shinotsa

Or you could actually respect people having the right to bodily autonomy with regard something that only effects them, rather than trying to impose yourself as a gatekeeper to their decisions. You do not know better than a trans person as to whether they need treatment, period.

Jeez, harsh without touching on any of my points. We aren't talking about trans people, we're talking about people who don't know whether or not they're trans, like Objective here. I'm saying it's important to make sure they know the risks and that they shouldn't be doing it without being sure, since going under the knife is a dangerous prospect, and even hormones are dangerous when you look into increased cancer risks and other problems from them.

Most trans people don't know whether or not they're trans, so it's an empty distinction. Furthermore I did address your point: that you, despite any supposed medical knowledge, are NOT in a position to know what being trans actually is compared to those making the decision. Cis people overreacting and focusing on 'regret' is nothing new. It's a body of transphobic thought that was responsible for much of the suffering of trans people in the past several decades that has born itself into 'True Trans' movements seeking to draw the same lines you are attempting to right now.

Your opinion isn't innocent here. It's something of an ideology that has and will continue to hurt people.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81590 on: September 17, 2014, 11:13:08 pm »

You know what bugs me?

People who rail on against those who are different from themselves, be it against their sexual orientation, race, social status, wealth, etc.

I think they do it because deep down, they are scared of people who are different because they don't understand them, and anything that the brain does not understand it instinctively fears.

*glances at personal text*

Right, nazi.

ALL HAIL THE MASTER RACE AND SHIT.

I'm not very good at being a Nazi  ::)

This smells like it is going to go to dark places involving mutes and such. Just my two cents. I'm probably stupid and wrong as-per-usual, and the fact that I am currently drugged up due to sickness isn't helping.
I'm starting to get that sense too, yeah.

Edit: okay, enough of me mocking Nazi's.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #81591 on: September 17, 2014, 11:14:30 pm »

Gcat's over here treating Bay12 like the annual KKK meeting, like Bay12 isn't the most liberal forum on the interwebs (I kid ;))

Aw, you mean it's not?

* Objective takes off the pointed hood.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #81592 on: September 17, 2014, 11:14:57 pm »

TL;DR: B12 is perfectly fine with you playing fast and loose with your genitals as long as you're mature enough to make that decision

I'm inclined to agree, though I don't think things have really gotten all that flame-y. I think this is just how b12 operates: the dog-pile of opinions tends to be negative during arguments, but works out pretty well when someone's trying to gauge whether or not they should make a decision

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81593 on: September 17, 2014, 11:16:47 pm »

If it's going dark places lets just dunk it's head in the water and hold it down already then

Now how to incorporate mutes into a sex change conversation?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #81594 on: September 17, 2014, 11:19:11 pm »

Hey wait, who said anything about water Cryxis? It's just dark.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81595 on: September 17, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »

Hey wait, who said anything about water Cryxis? It's just dark.
*4maskwolf fires magic missile into the darkness

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81596 on: September 17, 2014, 11:21:14 pm »

« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:16:15 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81597 on: September 17, 2014, 11:21:40 pm »

I'll just butt in with my opinion that getting a change in order to be more attractive to guys is probably gonna hold you back, Objective. Unless you want to attract straight guys rather than gay/bi. But even then, guys may not find a transgendered sex-changed girl to be attractive if only because of the squick factor that "gurl used to have dick yo". Gay guys wouldn't be interested because you'd be a lady. If any were openminded enough to be attracted to you regardless of gender*, then they'd technically be bi, and bi probably wouldn't care which gender* you are.

So, getting a change would probably cut you off from getting strictly gay guys, strictly straight guys may find the change to be a huge turn off, and the only option left would be bi's who would've been ok with either gender*. In reality people and sexuality and shit is way more fluid but...as far as labeling things for the sake of getting the point across, if someone interested in you is so fluid that they don't care whether you're male or female, then they're technically at least slightly bi.

*I realize I'm using gender in place of sex, which isn't technically the same thing, but you guys know what I mean.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81598 on: September 17, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »

Oh i thought we meant true dark
The dark of unconciousness

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81599 on: September 17, 2014, 11:23:36 pm »

Yeah, and Objective's friends, other relatives, and sexual partners can also suck it up and deal. I expect someone to tell me that they're sterile if we're talking about making babies, and I would like to hear everything my partner's willing to tell me in interest of emotional intimacy, but I'm not going to see it as some big betrayal if I sleep with someone and I find out later that they're transgender. Don't assume that the whole world's super-interested in your nads, folks. Some of us really don't give a shit! There's lots of us out there, no matter what people try to tell ya.
While I somewhat agree in principle, I'd say that complete honesty with that kind of thing is probably for the best.
Pages: 1 ... 5438 5439 [5440] 5441 5442 ... 8166