Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5382 5383 [5384] 5385 5386 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424072 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80745 on: September 03, 2014, 04:41:08 pm »

Yes, but I can't afford to get a new laptop, all the programs the school wants me to buy for it, all my books, and to repair the desktop.

I wouldn't throw it away, but it won't be operational any time soon. I'll have to find a way to get a few things that I need off of it though.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80746 on: September 03, 2014, 07:46:06 pm »

I just hate myself and my life so much.

I finally worked up the courage to go to the Y, something I've been torturing myself over for months now, and...

Well I suppose it starts out at Wally World, having determined myself to actually go to the Y, I'm just anxious and sick to my stomach, wandering around the men's section for maybe a half hour just lost in thought. Even while checking out my new gym clothes, I suddenly become fixated on how humans and myself all just seem to be misshapen formations of meat powered by pointless chemicals. I'm so distracted and sickened at this point. All the clothes I bought amounted to $38.

I pull up and spend maybe an extra ten minutes in my car in the parking lot, just trying to psyche myself up. I'm just worrying and obsessing over every little thing.

and I do manage to get in and speed to the front lady, who's nice enough. I get a week pass for $36 instead of a full membership. Fair enough. I just feel so out of place though, it's just another environment I don't belong in, I can feel it with every fiber in my being. Everyone else looks like they belong in some way. Everyone and everything I look at cements this feeling that I'm just fundamentally different and I just shouldn't be there. I wind up just walking around like a fucking zombie, only every touching the treadmill and this one weight machine for like a minute, and I spend like a half hour in the men's locker room watching this TV they have in there. I had it on the Colbert Report, but other people wanted to watch baseball, and I just spaced out after that.

I just get changed in the fucking bathroom stall and head home. I feel like I just wasted my whole day + $74 and gas just to have the pleasure of making myself feel just completely worthless. My money's fucking worthless. I'm worthless.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #80747 on: September 03, 2014, 08:30:16 pm »

You sound like me. Have I mentioned that before? Don't remember.

See, if that was me, I probably wouldn't have gone in the first place. If the goal was to go out and enjoy yourself then it obviously didn't work, yo. I would've stopped early on and go do something better with the rest of my day.

That being said, I haven't done anything I enjoyed today. Because I don't go out, don't know anyone, and hate all my hobbies because of my neurotic perfectionism. Wooooooooo.

So, uh, yeah. There's internet people who can relate to your situation. That's supposed to be comforting or empathetic or something. I'm bad at comforting.

EDIT: Just realized I've wasted two hours or so straight by going back and forth between the forum and browsing imgur. Meant to play guitar or draw or do something productive today. Hooray for wasting my life.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 08:34:59 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80748 on: September 03, 2014, 09:42:43 pm »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:25:12 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #80749 on: September 03, 2014, 11:42:00 pm »

-snip snoop-
* Tiruin offers hugs and smileys?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80750 on: September 04, 2014, 12:21:39 am »

i have a tiny tiny stomach and lots and lots of delicious foods

that and i'm still kinda bummed out because of that figurine

it cost many currencies

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80751 on: September 04, 2014, 12:37:06 am »

I finally worked up the courage to go to the Y, something I've been torturing myself over for months now, and...
The gym is just conceptually horrible to me. I hate people, and gyms have people. Clearly inferior gym-lurking scum that I do not want to engage with.

If I'm that out of shape I need to workout I don't want to be going out in public letting it all hang out like that. I workout at home with weights while watching shows. I put aside some shows specially for that. it's been a much better motivator for me, and no need to cram time to get to the gym, waste money or waste time on travel back and forth. I can spend that money on bigger weights. it's also harder to procrastinate when the weights are sitting tight there in front of me.

tl;dr: screw the gym. Don't think you're "meant to" go to the gym. what works for you might not be the off-the-shelf gym system. it's not for everyone. I'd only use one if I wanted serious bodybuilding tips from trainers and to use the specialize equipment to maximize certain muscle development. if you just want to lose weight or tone up a bit - do that at home.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 12:53:46 am by Reelya »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80752 on: September 04, 2014, 02:17:58 am »

i have a tiny tiny stomach and lots and lots of delicious foods

that and i'm still kinda bummed out because of that figurine

it cost many currencies
I have a tiny as fuck stomach, and a massive bladder. I can drink, and drink, and drink, and drink, and then eat one plate of food, and be full for hours.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80753 on: September 04, 2014, 02:42:46 am »

in additional sad also edge:

it is difficult to practice dadaism when society at large is a joke itself

like wow

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80754 on: September 04, 2014, 05:12:48 am »

I thought that was the original point of dada: WWI is a joke, so we'll just attach syllables to each other and call it poetry.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80755 on: September 04, 2014, 07:12:02 am »

I thought that was the original point of dada: WWI is a joke, so we'll just attach syllables to each other and call it poetry.

yes, except back then by doing that you'd actually be making fun of something

nowadays you'd be called a hero of modern art

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #80756 on: September 04, 2014, 07:14:26 am »

yes, except back then by doing that you'd actually be making fun of something

nowadays you'd be called a hero of modern art
The only option is to make the most basic, classic poetry possible.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #80757 on: September 04, 2014, 07:36:07 am »

I kind of see Dadaism as the glossolalia of expression.

...That sounded really pretentious.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80758 on: September 04, 2014, 11:06:52 am »

This kind of also belongs in the terrified today thread, but I'm a bit too apathetic right now to waste brain power trying to figure out which is more appropriate.  Not apathetic enough to use short, simple sentences though I guess.

Anyway, I've been super stressed out this last month.  Like... I can no longer deny this because I started having anxiety attacks.  You can kind of ignore being tired and maybe being depressed but maybe not since nobody can seem to agree what that really is, but when you start having breathing problems, heart racing, cold and hot flashes and a sudden, unprovoked but undeniable sensation that you are imminently dying of some awful cardiovascular malfunction, you take notice.

Well, normal people would, but hey, since I recognized the anxiety attack for what it was, I didn't get too worried and just let it run its course over the next 15 minutes.  Maybe it was just a fluke.  I drink too much caffeine after all.  And while I do work two jobs for a total of about 45 hours a week plus the occasional foray into pretending that I'm still an active grad student, I didn't really feel unduly stressed out or depressed.  Must have been a fluke.  So I ignored it.  That was a month ago, and for a while I was fine.

Fast forward to last week where I had an unprovoked atrial flutter (or so Wikipedia leads me to believe) where my heart was beating at something approaching 200+ bpm while I couldn't catch my breath.  It lasted only a few seconds, so... I ignored it.  Later that night I had a sudden onset of tightness in my left shoulder and chest, which led to me panicking that I was having a heart attack.  Suspecting that it was yet again stress related, I tried to relax, and sure enough, a minute later I was fine.  By this point, I'm beginning to grow pretty concerned, but like every other person I know, I don't want to go to a doctor because reasons.  What were they going to do anyway, tell me to stop working so hard?  I already know that's a problem, but I can't do much about it.

Anyway, fast forward to two days ago where I have another panic attack at work.  This one is less severe but lasts for nearly two hours, during which I am completely useless and nearly fall over if I stand up.

Fine.  Fine, body.  You win.  I'll go to a doctor.

Finally went yesterday, where the doctor helpfully confirmed that I was asking way, way too much out of myself and that while it was a personal decision, I really had to dial back on some of this crap.  Oh, also, here's two prescriptions for anti anxiety medication.  One for daily use, and another to make you just not feel much of anything, which you take in case you have an attack.  Oh, and you can't be doing anything while you take that pill, so go home or something if one hits you.

Great.  I've gone 27 years without joining the fabulous members-only club that is the population on prescription drugs for one thing or another.  I was really hoping to avoid that for a long time.  But, hey, doctor's orders and I really don't want to experience another panic attack, so I get the prescription filled.

I took the first one this morning, and while I shouldn't be noticing any effects for days yet, I feel really weird and achy in places I haven't felt in a long time.  I also had chest pains while walking to my second job today, so that's pretty scary.  Looking at the list of side effects for this drug didn't do my mind any favors, so I cut that out before it triggered an attack.  So, I guess I'll be blaming every little symptom on the meds now.

And... to top it all off, after I'm done here today, I have to go back to my first job to work until who knows when to get this ridiculously overly ambitious project finished by deployment tomorrow morning.  No time for testing, because that's for suckers.  This product is going to be crap.  There are bugs in it.  Many.  Hundreds maybe.  I know they're there, just waiting for it to make it to the customers' hands.  Every time you hit the buttons in a slightly different order something new and amazingly wrong happens.  I can fix it, but it's like fixing a broken dam with chewing gum.  This is going to be bad.  Very, very bad.  I almost want to ask my boss if I can sign a piece of paper absolving me of any consequences of what will happen once this product goes live.  It is going to be bad.  These are snooty people that we're giving it to.  They're going to complain a lot.  A lot.  The management company is going to get mad, and ask for someone to blame.  I don't want to be that someone since this project was not my idea and we had maybe a third of the time to work on it that we needed.

I just have to hope that the consequences to the company aren't too severe.  The medical insurance I get through them is paying for the new pills, so I can't have that go away.  But, hey, it's their fault I'm on the pills, so at least they're paying for them.

...yeah, I think maybe the doctor had a point here.

But first, it's back to work here... I should probably stop wasting time and get something done.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #80759 on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »

D: Don't hurt yourself, Telgin. If you can possibly avoid it, anyway. Good luck.

And in my own sads, I'm just feeling sad. And I'm feeling sadder because I have no right to be sad, because I've received several compliments over the last little while. It's probably because I don't know when I last slept for even as much as eight hours, but I can't afford to stop working. I'm not even finishing everything as it is.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 5382 5383 [5384] 5385 5386 ... 8167