Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5335 5336 [5337] 5338 5339 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9407555 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #80040 on: August 20, 2014, 04:01:28 pm »

I was late to work for the first time ever. 3-4 months of near-perfect timeliness isn't bad when most newbs quit after their first day, but I'm still a bit upset.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #80041 on: August 20, 2014, 06:40:45 pm »

The words do not wish to flow today. This annoys me.
That leads to what we in the business call 'stilted writing', and that's bad. I'll probably go cry myself to sleep instead.
Really, it's better to have some stilted writing then having nothing at all. You lose the flow that way. When in doubt, just write. You can fix it later when the words are flowing.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80042 on: August 20, 2014, 06:44:34 pm »

I thought the first draft was meant to be garbage to begin with - the rest of the process is extracting the story after that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80043 on: August 20, 2014, 07:15:53 pm »

At my sister's house minding her dog, and I feel ridiculously tired.
But I can't take a nap, because I'm trying to get my sleeping patterns regular again. :-\ I'd planned on posting in various games and RTDs whilst I was here, but I don't think I'm feeling up to it. I'd walk the dog down the street and buy a coffee/energy drink, but it would probably poop on the footpath and I am not in the mood for that sort of shit(pun intended).
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #80044 on: August 20, 2014, 07:34:34 pm »

Every time, seriously, every time I think 'NOBODY UNDERSTANDS WHAT IM GOING THROUGH BOO HOO' I dash over to the sad thread to find 20 people going through the same thing as me and then like 15 others who have it even worse.
It without fail ends with me wanting to hug every one who's ever posted in this thread.

Even you two, typo and LSP, you no-grammar bastards.
You guys are all so awesome.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #80045 on: August 20, 2014, 07:38:37 pm »

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80046 on: August 20, 2014, 07:48:52 pm »

I thought the first draft was meant to be garbage to begin with - the rest of the process is extracting the story after that.
The first draft is a large pile of manure with occasional gems. Very, very rough gems. So rough they are basically carbon.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #80047 on: August 20, 2014, 07:50:57 pm »

With some pressure and time, they become diamonds though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #80048 on: August 21, 2014, 05:58:16 am »

I watched Jerry. I don't know. It's one of those things where it stopped what I was doing and I had to sit down and be quiet for a while.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #80049 on: August 21, 2014, 08:50:50 am »

I miss night shifts. I think I'm going to have to start eating breakfast, and prior to 10:00 AM is a terrible time to be awake.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80050 on: August 21, 2014, 09:10:30 am »

I know how you feel. I started waking up at six again. I just...Sit there. Thinking, 'What the fuck do I do now?'
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80051 on: August 21, 2014, 09:13:35 am »

With some pressure and time, they become diamonds though.
Precisely, and that is the joy of writing: it's not set in stone, at least until you publish it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80052 on: August 21, 2014, 11:38:45 am »

Personally, I love waking up early after a good sleep and actually seeing the morning without having been awake all night playing videogames.

Related sad: getting a cold again and tonight it's kept me awake. Fucking winter. At this point I think I might as well give up and go make some toast, then nap later on at my sister's place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80053 on: August 21, 2014, 12:31:06 pm »

Woke up today at 7 am with horrible sharp pain in my leg.  I work nights so that pretty much equates to 12AM to normal people.
Try to sleep it off thinking it must be a charlie horse.  2 hours late it's still there and can't sleep, so I come to the conclusion that it is not a charlie horse and do the sensible thing and go drive to see a doctor.
Good news it's not life threatening, bad news, work insurance doesn't kick in for 3 more days. I have an odd condition where sore spots will come and go under my skin.  Seems 2 of those decided to pop up in just the right place to pinch a nerve.  Doctor wants to run a few more tests to be sure, but kindly offers to wait until my insurance kicks in since while painful, signs point to it not being serious.  I'm prescribed some painkillers and anti-swelling stuff for the time being.

I go to wal mart to pick up the drugs, good news, they only cost 8 bucks, bad news, on my way out my car won't start.  Boo.
Fortunately the wal mart is only about a mile from home and I walk home.  And fortunately family can take care of my car and get it home, since it appears the battery is just dead somehow.  Unfortunately it seems my leg has decided to protest at the long walk and is stabbing my nerve even harder, despite a dosage of prescription painkillers that seem to be trying to knock me out cold as I write this.  I basically can not walk. My workday starts in 2 and a half hours.  It is the second to last day of training.  I can not miss today for any reason.

Not sure what emotion it is, too tired for angry, sad seems a good fit.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:37:31 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #80054 on: August 21, 2014, 12:56:48 pm »

Yeesh. Good luck, Greiger.

In my own sads, my head is threatening to float off my body and it won't stop. At least I'll never have to do drugs.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 5335 5336 [5337] 5338 5339 ... 8166