Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5213 5214 [5215] 5216 5217 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443544 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #78210 on: July 09, 2014, 08:47:10 am »

The new version as of now is a bug-riddled mess so unless you are bug hunting like me it won't be very playable.

I've encountered one crash bug in adventure mode, after I died, and none in fortress mode. If you avoid certain things, it's really not that bad, that I've seen.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #78211 on: July 09, 2014, 09:20:28 am »

I am so, so sorry. I am serious. I was turned into a song... And I hate what I have become...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78212 on: July 09, 2014, 11:36:58 am »

I have a competition piece that I need to finish and submit by tommorrow. It's about halfway done I think, maybe more, but I have this slight headache and a rather big aversion to working on it. I have no idea what else to do either, it's hot outside so I don't really want to go outside, none of the games I have right now are feeling fun and I don't really have any shows or movies I'd want to watch.

Just a meh afternoon with nothing to do :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #78213 on: July 09, 2014, 11:40:15 am »

Grandad just died. Bleh..
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #78214 on: July 09, 2014, 11:44:02 am »

I have to update 233 creatures in my mod to match the changes in v0.40. Oh well.

Grandad just died. Bleh..
My condolences.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78215 on: July 09, 2014, 01:08:19 pm »

Can't say I didn't see the Guardsman ban coming from a mile away, but it's kinda sad to see him go.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78216 on: July 09, 2014, 03:44:30 pm »

So many sads everywhere ;_;

And my kidneys have been oversensitive since the overdose, and they hurt like hell right now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78217 on: July 09, 2014, 03:46:33 pm »

try applying heat

like loads of it just don't burn yourself

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #78218 on: July 09, 2014, 04:31:51 pm »

I just DID burn myself, trying to get a pan out of the oven.  My hand curved over the smaller of the two heat-proof pads I was using and the tip of my thumb briefly pressed into the pan.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78219 on: July 09, 2014, 05:07:13 pm »

Supposedly it's summer break, but I haven't been able to relax at all so far.
I just want a single week with fuck all to do, where I can finally get some sleep, read a bit, play some games, meet some friends...

But no, exams dragged on till the third, brother came visiting right after that, I have to do field work all day long the following week where I've yet to find a proper interview partner, I need to deliver two exercises before the end of the week, during which my mother is supposed to come and take me with her, so I can travel with my younger brother to Poland to visit some new acquaintances, but my passport ran out and I haven't had the time to issue a new one. So I probably won't be able to go anyway, which will end up in family drama.
Not that I have the time to go anyway, since I'll need another week of fieldwork, need to write a paper till the end of this month, another one till the end of the next month and 2 more till the end of the month after that.
Along the way I also have to figure out what to do with my life. The best would probably to take a year off and work for a bit, so I can figure something out, get a job and earn some money, work with my therapist, wait for the the terms of application for various educational paths to come around again and study to pass their entrance exams.
And I've still have to explain all of that to my father (my mother knows some of it at least), which is going to be a nightmare.

I just don't know. I'm just so tired with having to deal with all of that myself with only my therapist to talk to (which is currently on vacation so it's not even an option right now).

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78220 on: July 09, 2014, 05:13:11 pm »

I think I hurt something in my foot, as for the past few days now I've been getting sporadic sharp pain in a specific part of the sole. It's like a needle, but there's nothing there. Further, today I managed to hurt my leg while running and had to cut today's short.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78221 on: July 09, 2014, 05:16:11 pm »

I get the feeling that my family doesn't believe me. Or they just don't want to get in the way of my mom or are too used to appeasing or ignoring her by this point.

Told my grandmother some of my mom's crap, and only got a "that's a shame" in response. Mentioned some of the bullshit she spreads about my dad's family, and my grandmother said this:

"Don't bother trying to understand why people hate. It's not worth the effort of trying to understand, let alone change them."

I'd go see a therapist or something, but I don't think my mom would approve or agree to see one herself.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #78222 on: July 09, 2014, 06:21:51 pm »

"Don't bother trying to understand why people hate. It's not worth the effort of trying to understand, let alone change them."
Wise words. Wise words from a... strange man.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78223 on: July 09, 2014, 06:26:02 pm »

Grr, I hate it when things go wrong at work and it turns out to be my fault.   :-[
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #78224 on: July 09, 2014, 06:27:07 pm »

Grr, I hate it when things go wrong at work and it turns out to be my fault.   :-[
It is inevitable.
Pages: 1 ... 5213 5214 [5215] 5216 5217 ... 8167