Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5172 5173 [5174] 5175 5176 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423925 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77595 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:15 am »

Well this has been a spectacularly shitty day, for a number of reasons I either don't want to talk about, or can't really talk about.

And in case this winds up being my last post, it's been fun you guys. You guys have seriously helped me deal with so much shit, and have done so much to help prevent me going insane from lack of talking to people.

I'm just sorry I haven't given back as much as I've gained.
Situation resolved, and it seems I'm not being deported, or any of the other incredibly unpleasant things that could have happened.
Yeesh, that would have been mega shitty. Not even on a "We're Internet frandz" level, but rather on an entirely human level. I'm glad you were not deported, Pnx.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77596 on: June 27, 2014, 02:36:23 am »

Well this has been a spectacularly shitty day, for a number of reasons I either don't want to talk about, or can't really talk about.

And in case this winds up being my last post, it's been fun you guys. You guys have seriously helped me deal with so much shit, and have done so much to help prevent me going insane from lack of talking to people.

Situation resolved, and it seems I'm not being deported, or any of the other incredibly unpleasant things that could have happened.
Yeesh, that would have been mega shitty. Not even on a "We're Internet frandz" level, but rather on an entirely human level. I'm glad you were not deported, Pnx.
Entirely human level hits the nail on the head.

Nice to see ya sticking around Pnx :>

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77597 on: June 27, 2014, 03:41:23 am »

Welp, so school is over, I come back home with my report, and learn that my grandfather died.

It's kind of terrible, especially for my aunt, since within a little over a year both of my grandparents and my father all passed away. Sad times, but I try to not think about it because I'll only end up depressing myself further.

I guess the cat is staying here indefinitely then.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77598 on: June 27, 2014, 04:42:41 am »

* Kevak huggles DarkDXZ

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77599 on: June 27, 2014, 07:35:07 am »

*hugs DXZ*

Now I feel guilty cos my sad is that I read a really sad fanfic.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77600 on: June 27, 2014, 08:20:05 am »

There's been a shooting within walking distance of where I live, right across from the gas station where my friend works, I actually had to take a different road to work because police still had the area sectioned off.
I need to call my friend when I get off work to make sure they're ok.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77601 on: June 27, 2014, 08:22:54 am »

(nevermind)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 08:29:38 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #77602 on: June 27, 2014, 09:11:49 am »

Well then.
The very last time I'll see my crush ever has passed, and I didn't even speak to her.

I wish I wasn't so fucking akward. Literally everyone else can just walk up to somebody and talk to them but I just can't. I don't talk to a bunch of people on the same time, I hardly ever send texts to anyone, I'm just a worthless socially inept retard.

I'll just go do what I always do and play games to forget all this BS while hoping that my grandparents don't try to talk to me (but I don't doubt that they will)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77603 on: June 27, 2014, 09:16:06 am »

I wish I wasn't so fucking akward. Literally everyone else can just walk up to somebody and talk to them but I just can't.
Hey. Hey. I definitely can't do that, either.
And believe me, I know how you feel- I wish I had the sort of confidence that seems to come naturally to so many people.
I also wish I could offer you some helpful advice on the matter, but being in the same boat and all there isn't much I can do other than bail faster.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77604 on: June 27, 2014, 09:28:40 am »

Well then.
The very last time I'll see my crush ever has passed, and I didn't even speak to her.

I wish I wasn't so fucking akward. Literally everyone else can just walk up to somebody and talk to them but I just can't. I don't talk to a bunch of people on the same time, I hardly ever send texts to anyone, I'm just a worthless socially inept retard.

I'll just go do what I always do and play games to forget all this BS while hoping that my grandparents don't try to talk to me (but I don't doubt that they will)
How I ended up being way more confident:
  • Mentally note down how you behave when feeling confident
  • Pretend to be confident by doing those things
  • Continue pretending you think you're really great and amazing for social purposes
  • Maintain for a while
  • End up actually thinking you're pretty great and amazing
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77605 on: June 27, 2014, 09:59:49 am »

Entirely human level hits the nail on the head.

Nice to see ya sticking around Pnx :>
Realistically deportation might have been a bit unlikely, but I've already gotten one mark from someone calling the police and making things up to get me arrested. When someone acts like they might be about to do something similar I get kind of scared. I've been told another misdemeanour means I get deported.

It's over now though, so now I just have to figure out how to calm my nerves enough to actually get some sleep.

Well then.

*hugs* Trust me, there'll be other crushes, it may seem like the end of the world, but it's not.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #77606 on: June 27, 2014, 10:17:50 am »

Well then.

How I ended up being way more confident:
  • Mentally note down how you behave when feeling confident
  • Pretend to be confident by doing those things
  • Continue pretending you think you're really great and amazing for social purposes
  • Maintain for a while
  • End up actually thinking you're pretty great and amazing

It actually does work. Hell, there were studies done (I can't get them right now, if you really want that bother me about it later) that showed that when people were made to assume confident poses, they got an actual biochemical response that made them feel more confident (levels of a bunch of hormones were changed in a significant way), and the opposite got the opposite response.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #77607 on: June 27, 2014, 10:21:33 am »

The problem isn't confidence, it's that I literally never know what the fuck to say and always end up standing around akwardly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77608 on: June 27, 2014, 10:27:56 am »

The problem isn't confidence, it's that I literally never know what the fuck to say and always end up standing around akwardly.
I know them feels, bro.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77609 on: June 27, 2014, 10:48:02 am »

Oh. I just ask people questions and try to guide the conversation towards the other person contributing everything but without them noticing it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5172 5173 [5174] 5175 5176 ... 8167