Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5135 5136 [5137] 5138 5139 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9407161 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #77040 on: June 18, 2014, 05:29:04 pm »

I don't... I don't think he was saying that "being bi-sexual is a choice", so much as "people who say it's a choice actually *have* the choice of who they want to be with, being attracted to both genders as bi-sexuals"

Of course, I don't think that's the case. I think they just haven't thought fully about the implications of what being gay = choice would mean. Of course, they tend to be religious, which to me implies a lot of "not thinking about implications." So it's unsurprising.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #77041 on: June 18, 2014, 05:29:54 pm »

I think they mean the same thing, Neonivek.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77042 on: June 18, 2014, 05:32:24 pm »

I think they mean the same thing, Neonivek.

Essentially.

I mean I understand when people say "It is a choice" they are referring to either
A) You chose to have those feelings
or
B) You have the ability to stifle those feelings and not partake.

Which I don't agree with.

I am mostly saying I like to think the only part of it that is a choice, is that you are allowed to opt in and out socially without anyone being able to tell you otherwise. Same goes with gender.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77043 on: June 18, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »

I was excited that the Day of Silence is coming up and researched on the topic, resulting in me learning about the Day of Dialogue.

I wish I was heterosexual. Or dead. Probably both.
The Christians who make protests about homosexuality being wrong don't seem to realize that, contrary to popular belief, they have absolutely no reason to hate homosexual people.

That and hating people in general is kinda against Christ's teachings anyway...but they tend to forget that.
That too. It says in the Bible, "Judge not, that ye not be judged", which is something Christians have never really seemed to do. Then again, The Land Of The Free was created from invading America and killing millions of indigenous, which we Americans also don't seem to understand.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77044 on: June 18, 2014, 05:36:37 pm »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #77045 on: June 18, 2014, 05:41:47 pm »

Maybe some of the the people who say it's a choice are actually bisexual? So for them it really was a choice.
I dunno.

Thing is though that it doesn't matter if it's a choice or not. Whether gayness was thrust upon you or you became gay, it's cool either way.

Seriously, I have never understood why/how that's even made into a factor.  If it's not a choice then discriminating against it is on the same level as racism.  If it is a choice, then discriminating against it is simply an unjustifiable attack on personal freedom.

And if STDs are god's punishment for it, then god's an enormous asshole, because straight people get STDs, too.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77046 on: June 18, 2014, 05:42:43 pm »

From what I have pieced together through side comments and reactions, my dad thinks it is a sickness.
My parents think it unnatural. They also think that it is really rare, and most people are just 'jumping on the bandwagon'.
My mom also thinks STDs are God's punishment for it.

That's worse than some of the stuff I've heard from friends and relatives.

Though my mom seems to think that she can sense gay people. It's obnoxious when she points random people out and says "I think they are gay".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77047 on: June 18, 2014, 05:43:34 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:17:27 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #77048 on: June 18, 2014, 05:49:02 pm »

I was excited that the Day of Silence is coming up and researched on the topic, resulting in me learning about the Day of Dialogue.

The Christians who make protests about homosexuality being wrong don't seem to realize that, contrary to popular belief, they have absolutely no reason to hate homosexual people.

That and hating people in general is kinda against Christ's teachings anyway...but they tend to forget that.
That too. It says in the Bible, "Judge not, that ye not be judged", which is something Christians have never really seemed to do. Then again, The Land Of The Free was created from invading America and killing millions of indigenous, which we Americans also don't seem to understand.
What do you mean? We were always here. We are the indigenous, we've been here since forever. It was the British who tried to invade us, right? (:P)
From what I have pieced together through side comments and reactions, my dad thinks it is a sickness.
My parents think it unnatural. They also think that it is really rare, and most people are just 'jumping on the bandwagon'.
My mom also thinks STDs are God's punishment for it.
:-\ If it was a sickness, then why would people want to jump on the bandwagon of being sick? Short-sighted logic is irritating. Are people also jumping on the 'bandwagon' of the flu or the common cold?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77049 on: June 18, 2014, 05:52:47 pm »

What do you mean? We were always here. We are the indigenous, we've been here since forever. It was the British who tried to invade us, right? (:P)
Master, you're breaking my balls.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77050 on: June 18, 2014, 05:53:12 pm »

They also think that it is really rare, and most people are just 'jumping on the bandwagon'.

Ugh, my parents too. My mom's like "... Everyone's gay now. It proves how much more special heterosexuality is.

I don't know what but I find that so sweet. Like something a child would say.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77051 on: June 18, 2014, 05:55:22 pm »

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:17:24 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77052 on: June 18, 2014, 06:22:17 pm »

Slow loading net = not able to do anything (ie update RTD/Update Community Fort with save/Update RTD Library)...

woo~ :'(

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77053 on: June 18, 2014, 06:33:58 pm »

Gaaaaah.

Feel like I have to vomit but I don't.

:(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77054 on: June 18, 2014, 06:44:47 pm »

Gaaaaah.

Feel like I have to vomit but I don't.

:(

Ugh I've had that for a week once.

Usually caused by stress.
Pages: 1 ... 5135 5136 [5137] 5138 5139 ... 8166