Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5113 5114 [5115] 5116 5117 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8931003 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #76710 on: June 14, 2014, 10:23:04 pm »

You had the Beholder, right?

I've barely glanced at 3d in almost a year.  I'm at severe risk of losing all my ability in that area.  It's time to start hitting it again, even though I've been tired as shit all the time lately.  It needs to happen.  Somebody say something motivating.
Grasp the flames of existence with your flesh and scour your reality into the firmament, SG. Art is fire*. Burn bright.

... best I got.
*Okay, from a certain distorted point of view everything is fire because kinetic excitation can be seen as basically the hallmark of substantiative existence (without movement, it could be said there is functionally nothing) but shush.

Thank you, Frumple.  You say the most awesome stuff  :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 10:24:38 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76711 on: June 14, 2014, 10:29:05 pm »

Frumples wordplay still makes my flagellum wiggle.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76712 on: June 14, 2014, 10:33:25 pm »

You had the Beholder, right?
Are you thinking of the Cacodemon?
Yes, yes I was.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #76713 on: June 15, 2014, 12:10:05 am »

My sad for today is that it is today. Where did my night go? I needa sleep.

Incidentally, I misspelled today as toaday. The new official name for the day on which DF 2014 is released.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #76714 on: June 15, 2014, 12:43:37 am »

studies, relative grades, everyone else 6 hours a day, failure, stress to study, lack of motivation to study.

The usual, carry on. =_=

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #76715 on: June 15, 2014, 12:52:41 am »

I've barely glanced at 3d in almost a year.  I'm at severe risk of losing all my ability in that area.  It's time to start hitting it again, even though I've been tired as shit all the time lately.  It needs to happen.  Somebody say something motivating.
Grasp the flames of existence with your flesh and scour your reality into the firmament, SG. Art is fire*. Burn bright.

... best I got.
*Okay, from a certain distorted point of view everything is fire because kinetic excitation can be seen as basically the hallmark of substantiative existence (without movement, it could be said there is functionally nothing) but shush.
You want motivating. I can do better than that.*

*ahem*

Do the thing.
The thing you want to do.
Do that thing.[/haiku]

*"Better" is a matter of opinion not guaranteed by some internet dude saying so. Viewer discretion advised.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #76716 on: June 15, 2014, 02:57:38 am »

Motivation... motivating.. umm...

"Get yer arse into gear, you little whippersnapper! When I was yer age, I... uhh..."
*thump*
*snore*

Frumples wordplay still makes my flagellum wiggle.
You make my flagellum wiggle. Vigorously...  ;)

"Motivation is a dirty word. If what you want to achieve isn't enough to make you work to achieve it, ask yourself: are you trying to achieve the right thing?" - A.S.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76717 on: June 15, 2014, 03:02:18 am »

SG refer to the qute below my cathat dude: "Pain is temporary, suck is forever."

Now get out there and do some damn good 3d, and if you need extra motivation I can probably scrounge up some artist that I follow which are wicked good at the stuff.

Also on unrelated sads, I can't quite figure out if a guy is subtly being a dick to me, or am I only imagining it because he's kinda dating a girl I fancy. And honestly, I don't know which of those two is worse :I
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76718 on: June 15, 2014, 03:09:46 am »

... best I got.
You want motivating. I can do better than that.*

*ahem*

Do the thing.
The thing you want to do.
Do that thing.[/haiku]

*"Better" is a matter of opinion not guaranteed by some internet dude saying so. Viewer discretion advised.
Ah, motivation.
I need that.

studies, relative grades, everyone else 6 hours a day, failure, stress to study, lack of motivation to study.

The usual, carry on. =_=
*stops Skyru and hugs her*
NO. No carry on :I
The best we can do is offer comfort and support, however to pull yourself out of this hole you should try, yourself.
99% of us who've read about South Korea's education system thinks it is HELL. We are in here to support you--though it is all useless if you don't do it yourself.
Stop bloody focusing on the holes in the road and focus on the bloody road! D:<
You only have one year left.
PUSH THROUGH IT.
I don't mean to say don't post sads here o_o that would be extremely callous and mean, but that yes--there's times for sads but you can't let them win over you or your sads to conquer you!

You can do this Sky ;_;
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:42:58 am by Tiruin »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #76719 on: June 15, 2014, 03:15:29 am »

Also on unrelated sads, I can't quite figure out if a guy is subtly being a dick to me, or am I only imagining it because he's kinda dating a girl I fancy. And honestly, I don't know which of those two is worse :I
From experience, the best way of dealing with that kind of problem is to recruit him to your army of the damned, and lead them in a crusade against continental Europe.
Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." In other words, it's probably the girl-thing. Or even if he is subtly being a dick, assume he isn't, and you'll be happier for it.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76720 on: June 15, 2014, 03:21:20 am »

I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH LIFE

*ahem*

Let me start it properly. Everything I do to, and for my (middle) brother, it pisses him off. This sets him off to abusively shout at me at the most inopportune moments, up to and including public places with friends and casually responds with a sarcastic remark even it could be answered with a simple yes or no.

Problem is, being the foolish "tool for the people" that I am, I can't ever leave him be, despite despising his behavior and calling him out on it. He then blames me for his abusive (fortunately only screaming, doesn't get too physical often) behavior for making him start it by virtue of being annoying. But the thing is, a person who responds sarcastically is pretty much trying to get anybody to respond to him sarcastically, and even if it weren't so, he'd still flip out and shout at me. I don't know what exactly irritates him to the point I assume it's everything.

So, in the long term, I respond by being hands-off to him. And yet even then he gets angry for me not helping, and knowing that he'd flip out anyway if I approached him, that's kind of a no-win situation for me; I'd still get shouted at.

I hate him, but he's my brother. I want to respect him even despite saying I'd have to earn it before he even gives me the smallest ounce of respect back. There's only the three of us who pretty much support each other at this point, but I'm about to break.

"AOJGHAOUGHA{O(UEHgl,rfe;ml,sf

E: It should be known that in the Philippines, family is pretty tight-knit and is expected to support each other through and through. I would suspect this norm is the source of my... let's say... obsession with fixing him to be kinder.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:27:17 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76721 on: June 15, 2014, 03:48:51 am »

I AM SO FRUSTRATED WITH LIFE

*ahem*

Let me start it properly. Everything I do to, and for my (middle) brother, it pisses him off. This sets him off to abusively shout at me at the most inopportune moments, up to and including public places with friends and casually responds with a sarcastic remark even it could be answered with a simple yes or no.

Problem is, being the foolish "tool for the people" that I am, I can't ever leave him be, despite despising his behavior and calling him out on it. He then blames me for his abusive (fortunately only screaming, doesn't get too physical often) behavior for making him start it by virtue of being annoying. But the thing is, a person who responds sarcastically is pretty much trying to get anybody to respond to him sarcastically, and even if it weren't so, he'd still flip out and shout at me. I don't know what exactly irritates him to the point I assume it's everything.

So, in the long term, I respond by being hands-off to him. And yet even then he gets angry for me not helping, and knowing that he'd flip out anyway if I approached him, that's kind of a no-win situation for me; I'd still get shouted at.

I hate him, but he's my brother. I want to respect him even despite saying I'd have to earn it before he even gives me the smallest ounce of respect back. There's only the three of us who pretty much support each other at this point, but I'm about to break.

"AOJGHAOUGHA{O(UEHgl,rfe;ml,sf

E: It should be known that in the Philippines, family is pretty tight-knit and is expected to support each other through and through. I would suspect this norm is the source of my... let's say... obsession with fixing him to be kinder.
That obsession is more of concern from the person--the culture is more of an outlying influence.

How's about pointing him to realize what he's doing to others? It's apparently caustic enough to be very collateral :/ then probably ask him why he's doing such? I can detect an underlying motive or assumption in his case or viewpoint in communicating with others given the general situations you've outlined--however I do ask: he's been called out. Did you ask him if he cares? There seems to be a defensive mechanism in place with him there.

From experience, the best way of dealing with that kind of problem is to recruit him to your army of the damned, and lead them in a crusade against continental Europe.
Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." In other words, it's probably the girl-thing. Or even if he is subtly being a dick, assume he isn't, and you'll be happier for it.
...Girl-thing? :v
You could do with better wording yourself.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 03:50:46 am by Tiruin »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76722 on: June 15, 2014, 04:03:40 am »

In his moments of lucidity, he attributes his raeg to him being stressed to tremendous amounts with Medical School. I did tell him he broke down whatever self-confidence I had, because he always berates on me, whether I do things right or wrong, and at this point I'm not even sure if there's a right or wrong or if I'm just overreacting to him. Maybe I should just filter out his caustic remarks; pretend he didn't say anything caustic, but that's hard to do.

I'm not sure if he cares; he blames it all to medschool and tells me to understand, but when I'm being shouted at almost daily, I don't think I can try to ignore his actions any further.

It sucks; I want to help, he doesn't tell me anything, 'cept that it's not my business. And if I do say some form of trigger word that I didn't know would piss him off due to his problems, he would immediately scream and shout and generally be a jerk.

And as of now, I'm not sure if I can bring myself to care anymore. He doesn't seem to want to change.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76723 on: June 15, 2014, 04:12:08 am »

...I don't really see Medical School being a deathly problem--if only unless there are detrimental factors he's meeting there. Even if he doesn't seem to want to change--that doesn't mean you shouldn't, though. You're not him :-\ but given his case--it doesn't seem like he's coping well with stress. Yea, it is stressful. 24 hour duties, coupled with 8 hour daily shifts. Internship is harsh, but if you survive the course in college--you are sure (as in, you've developed yourself enough to take the challenge) to be able to take on the real duties such as externship and beyond.

Though, I...really think you should both talk about this in an inquiring way. Ask him to explain what's bothering him; describe your situation, how you feel, and generally how the relationship between you and him and everyone else is...deteriorating(?). Keep contact with each other, and approach the situation with an open perspective. Probably detail to him what's going on and what...well, what everyone else sees, along with probably what you see there. Ask him to not shout at you. Talk to him openly on things you don't want done--knowing you, its the obviously bad things. Do not assume, in this case, that the other party knows what not to do and still does it--assume it under stress: people shouting at each other or raised voices also have the underlying thought of 'how they respond or act in x kind of situation'. My English is badly worded in this post ._.

You can't change him if he won't choose to but you can open all lines to give him a choice. It's pretty much your business given what bad stuff he's being toxic about. Tell him that. It's your business given that he's pretty much family. Tell him that. It's business because you care about him. Tell him that and emphasize it to his face.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #76724 on: June 15, 2014, 04:18:34 am »

I spent a half an hour thinking of what to say and gave up.

* Objective just hug New Guy instead.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 5113 5114 [5115] 5116 5117 ... 8159