Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5021 5022 [5023] 5024 5025 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9424177 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75330 on: May 24, 2014, 03:11:25 pm »

So the girl I've been interested was finally at work the same time I was there. Thing is, she was just starting her shift, and mine was just ending. I panicked on the inside, since it seemed my opportunity had come up a bit unexpectedly. So I finished off the last few minutes of my shift with some busywork while I thought of what to do, and I eventually decided I would be Mr. Smooth and buy something so I could ask her out at the register.

But when I got to her register and as she was checking me out, I froze up. Suddenly I was filled with all kinds of doubt: self-doubt, doubt if it would be worth pursuing a relationship, doubt about whether it was even a good idea to ask out a coworker, and the fact that there was a counter between us and some guy behind me made me feel like the situation wasn't right for it. So I paid for my stuff, went to my car, and felt like a dumbass.
Follow up to this: I saw her again today, but it was just as I was in the middle of heading out the door. And I just kept on walking because the situation came up unexpectedly and I didn't know what to do. When I thought it over in the car, she was at the far register this time, so it probably would have felt more like we had some privacy than yesterday, so maybe it would have felt more comfortable this time.

But I blew my chance, and now I have no idea when I'll see her again; most likely it will be another couple weeks, and I don't really want to go through that again. Part of me wants to just drive back there right now and ask her while I know she's still there; but another part of me feels like that'd be over-dramatic, that it wouldn't work out the way I think it would, that I'd mess it all up and end up looking stupid.

Some wise men on this very forum gave me some advice once.
"Just do it, the regret you'll feel from not doing so will last a lot longer than if she says 'no.'"
I too have taken this advice, and it is the best thing you can do. Fuck regrets. I've done so much stupid shit in the past six months, and I don't regret anything, because I know I would've regretted not doing it a thousand times more.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75331 on: May 24, 2014, 03:15:29 pm »

Okay, next time I ask people to wish me luck, can someone just wish me a little luck? Because I just rolled a critical failure: the place was pretty busy when I got there, and I didn't see her at any of the registers or anywhere out on the floor.

Once I was sure I absolutely sure she wasn't there, I dove out of there as quick as I could before anyone could recognize me and retreated to my car to think. I eventually determined that I wouldn't be able to wait things out, so there was nothing to do but withdraw for now.

But I'm not giving up, if anything I've strengthened my resolve. Since I just had a crit failure, it's now less likely that I'll have another one (yes, I know that's not actually true, but shut up; I'd like pretend it is for now).

Although I'll probably need some luck from you guys (seriously, don't be stingy with it; I know some of you are making sacrifices to the RNG god anyway).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #75332 on: May 24, 2014, 03:16:50 pm »

Hey, my post wished you luck in every way, I just didn't type it out literally :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75333 on: May 24, 2014, 03:24:56 pm »

Yeah, but unfortunately you posted after the fact. What I'll have to do next time (assuming there is a next time where I am forewarned enough ahead of time to be able to ask Bay12 for luck) is make a post asking for luck, then wait around a bit afterwards so I can gather up all the luck into some sort of luck version of the Spirit Bomb from DBZ. Then I guess I need to figure out how to aim it or something. (Maybe I dump it on my head?)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75334 on: May 24, 2014, 03:28:57 pm »

Alright, better luck next time, Kadzar.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75335 on: May 24, 2014, 03:43:17 pm »

That doesn't count as an attempt. You haven't failed yet. Oh, and do yourself a favor and ditch the one liner. Just, "Hey, I keep running in to you here and I'd like to grab a coffee or something  with you sometime," works really well.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #75336 on: May 24, 2014, 04:58:10 pm »

Had planned to spend the evening with a friend, but he's not feeling great and has called it off.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75337 on: May 24, 2014, 05:23:15 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:16:42 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75338 on: May 24, 2014, 05:29:21 pm »

Good luck, Kadzar! You can do eeet!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75339 on: May 24, 2014, 06:06:05 pm »

Yesterday.

I just can't.
I don't even know what to say.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75340 on: May 24, 2014, 06:22:09 pm »

(flaming removed)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 08:18:28 pm by Toady One »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75341 on: May 24, 2014, 06:35:54 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:16:37 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #75342 on: May 24, 2014, 06:36:32 pm »

Let's all calm down here a minute. IG, what's going on? I'm sad that you're holding onto some kind of bad feelings and don't feel able to express them anywhere, so this thread is officially appropriate. Are you okay?
Yeah, that's definitely the vibe I'm getting as well.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75343 on: May 24, 2014, 06:38:25 pm »

No, Im not fucking okay, Im dealing with idiots left and right, and have to put up with my family's shit. only 10 percent of the day am I actually something remotely close to happy, the other 90 percent Im either talking to people only to find something to chew them out over or laying on the couch contemplating suicide.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75344 on: May 24, 2014, 06:45:55 pm »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:16:29 am by Vector »

Pages: 1 ... 5021 5022 [5023] 5024 5025 ... 8167