Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5016 5017 [5018] 5019 5020 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9427744 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #75255 on: May 22, 2014, 05:19:07 pm »

Yeah, that assumes that they won't escalate indefinitely.
[Escalating intensifies]

It gets so much worse when they are in the same room together, assuming they aren't arguing with each other.

If they aren't complaining about how I'm "not a real man" (with terrible stereotypes of how "real men" should be), then they are ripping apart my father. Mostly insults aimed at his wife and kids, or his financial status.
That's the worst thing short of saying "don't you think so too?" to you. I'm not gonna give advice anymore so, hugs? Really manly hugs?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75256 on: May 22, 2014, 05:33:52 pm »

Uck, I'm glad I have (mostly) not-awful parents. I must express sincere sympathy towards to, BlackFlyme. I would go on a homicidal rampage within minutes - which would fix the whole "abusive female parents" thing, but not a whole lot else.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75257 on: May 22, 2014, 07:04:31 pm »

Damn, all this talk about parents doing parent-y stuff (i.e yelling because you missed their expectations) is reminding me about my brother who was anything but perfect. Guy would criticize me for not being too attentive (by that, immediately understanding what the guy meant about his vague wording), complain at me about not being able to respond in 3 seconds with what he was asking me to do, brush up his ego near constantly by claiming he's perfect, and uses that in arguments by telling me that he's better than me, therefore his argument is more valid than mine.

He would also criticize just about everything that I do and like, to the persons who I develop crushes with, to me being happy right in front of him when he's not (not that I would know, because he first yells at me before he tells me something shitty happened to him), and also for being present and supposedly negatively affecting his fuel economy if I hitch in his ride.

He's one of the reasons I've developed a supermassive inferiority complex, and I still wish for karma to bite him in the ass, because I can't really do anything. Damn that guy.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75258 on: May 22, 2014, 07:25:41 pm »

My brothers an asshole. That's all I really need to know about him to cut him out of my life.

... I'm not a very forgiving person.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #75259 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:00 pm »

My brothers an asshole. That's all I really need to know about him to cut him out of my life.

... I'm not a very forgiving person.

... I wish I could do that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75260 on: May 22, 2014, 07:35:50 pm »

He moved out. I'm... Civil, I guess, when he comes over (he doesn't often), but I don't go out of my way to talk to him or care about him.

This is the guy who didn't invite his mother to his own wedding. So yeah. Asshole.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #75261 on: May 22, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »

I don't think my older brother is ever going to move out. Some might say he's "special needs." High-functioning, high-IQ, but extremely insular and obsessive and pretty much unable to deal with anything outside his bubble or anything that disrupts it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75262 on: May 22, 2014, 09:09:57 pm »

My trip to the phycologist went about as expected.
After explaining that I overdosed, they then pretty much ignored everything else I said and treated me like a suicidal drug abuser, and I've now been taken off my medicine (at my request, I might add, they, and I cannot even make this shit up, wanted to increase the god damn motherfucking dosage on it again, even after explaining that I nearly killed myself with it) and they now have me on a different medicine which I've yet to bother with obtaining yet, and, the thing that makes me super damn depressed right now, I have an appointment with a therapist, which the pychologist set up for me, while I was in mid-fucking-sentence with my explaination of the overdose specifics.
The thing that bothers me the most, however, is that my appointment is on my birthday next week. So I get to look forward to explaining my depression to someone when I could be doing something, I don't know, celebratory.
I'm turning 21, by the way. Woo.

Also, I'm posting this at 10 at night, sitting outside behind the library to sap off their wifi.
I'm starting to get used to this.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #75263 on: May 22, 2014, 09:17:49 pm »

My trip to the phycologist went about as expected.
After explaining that I overdosed, they then pretty much ignored everything else I said and treated me like a suicidal drug abuser, and I've now been taken off my medicine (at my request, I might add, they, and I cannot even make this shit up, wanted to increase the god damn motherfucking dosage on it again, even after explaining that I nearly killed myself with it) and they now have me on a different medicine which I've yet to bother with obtaining yet, and, the thing that makes me super damn depressed right now, I have an appointment with a therapist, which the pychologist set up for me, while I was in mid-fucking-sentence with my explaination of the overdose specifics.
The thing that bothers me the most, however, is that my appointment is on my birthday next week. So I get to look forward to explaining my depression to someone when I could be doing something, I don't know, celebratory.
I'm turning 21, by the way. Woo.

Also, I'm posting this at 10 at night, sitting outside behind the library to sap off their wifi.
I'm starting to get used to this.

Man, that's gotta suck.

Happy rather-early-birthday, by the way.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #75264 on: May 22, 2014, 09:28:17 pm »

Like, your negative vibes are messing up my positive aura, man.

Didn't mean it as a negative thing. Aren't apprenticeships are temporary things that you do for experience and to get noticed? So to be overqualified for that would mean...well, being able to do the actual job?

Though I am reminded of one of the good trenches strips where they say the character is overqualified, and he replies "I will hit my head on this table until I am as stupid as you want me to be!". That one made me laugh :)
It's a one-year apprenticeship. They had no expectations of anyone continuing on after the first year (or second if they went on to... level 3? I think it was) since the positions are all filled. It's not a business that's doing it.
Just remember, someday the fate of the world will depend on someone taking that apprenticeship. When they can't find anyone else, they'll come to you. They'll be begging on their knees, "please, take this apprenticeship. The fate of the world depends on it."

And then you'll put your feet on a coffee table, say "Don't you remember? I'm too good for you bitches." while you sip from a glass of liquid sunlight.

EDIT: Man, mastahcheese. That's really terrible. :(
(Internet manhug)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:32:58 pm by IronTomato »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #75265 on: May 22, 2014, 10:46:32 pm »

Holy crap I didn't realize Webadict left.
This is sad for me. I used to skype that guy.
Probably not sad for him though.

This is from like 30 pages back, but wow, I really liked Webadict. I haven't conversed with him in forever since I stopped frequenting Forum Games & Roleplaying, but I thought he was a cool guy.

I didn't even know someone had tried to kill him, I feel like I missed alot.
It's okay. Everyone knows Godfathers are kill immune.

It's not like I can't come back and visit every once in a while...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #75266 on: May 22, 2014, 11:00:03 pm »

I must be seeing things.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75267 on: May 22, 2014, 11:02:59 pm »

don't worry sky

the ride never ends

no matter how hard you want to leave, it just sucks you back in~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #75268 on: May 22, 2014, 11:46:02 pm »

I am exceptionally morose right now.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75269 on: May 22, 2014, 11:58:41 pm »

I am exceptionally morose right now.
Have you tried cake? Go out and buy a cake. Seriously. Just go buy a cake. I did it once, and I was laughing hysterically. It might not have been cake. But that's not the point. I want cake.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5016 5017 [5018] 5019 5020 ... 8167