Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4913 4914 [4915] 4916 4917 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455896 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #73710 on: April 23, 2014, 09:25:52 pm »

I miss hiking.

As do I. I recently moved from an area in the Rocky mountains with three national parks and a few national forest areas within range for a day trip to an utterly flat area near 0 elevation near the middle of North America with no trails or interesting scenery at all. It's up near Canada, too, so it gets even colder than other places in the winter (-30 degrees or so) and snows almost as much as other places I've seen (40 inches on average per year). There isn't really an opportunity to do any kind of walking or hiking other than walking to the nearer parts of town   :'(.

PPE: I miss sunflowers too, especially the 7-9 foot one that grew next to my old house last summer.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73711 on: April 23, 2014, 09:42:23 pm »

I miss hiking.

As do I. I recently moved from an area in the Rocky mountains with three national parks and a few national forest areas within range for a day trip to an utterly flat area near 0 elevation near the middle of North America with no trails or interesting scenery at all. It's up near Canada, too, so it gets even colder than other places in the winter (-30 degrees or so) and snows almost as much as other places I've seen (40 inches on average per year). There isn't really an opportunity to do any kind of walking or hiking other than walking to the nearer parts of town   :'(.

PPE: I miss sunflowers too, especially the 7-9 foot one that grew next to my old house last summer.
Y'know, if only I could invite you guys to where I live. On the hill where I trudge up to the local jeepney stop [a long long way from hooome~] are mounds upon mounds of springy, yellow sunflowers (most days of the year). Makes me happy to see those things, especially in sunlit and not overcast days.

Though what makes me sad is that they cut (most) of them down recently. Must be due to a recent bloom in [harmful insect] population. But still  :-\
We only have a few patches left, but they're still beautiful as ever.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73712 on: April 23, 2014, 09:44:50 pm »

So much want to go hunting in the snow.
I'd probably hate it half an hour in, but hey, it'd be a new experience.

GOD I AM SO FULL OF WIST.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73713 on: April 23, 2014, 10:00:13 pm »

So much want to go hunting in the snow.
I'd probably hate it half an hour in, but hey, it'd be a new experience.

How much snow are you talking about? If it's anywhere above about 2 inches/5 cm, you'll probably dislike it quite a bit. Even somewhat shallow snow can obscure depressions in the ground and be very deep in drifts. Running/walking/moving at all in deep (1 foot / 0.33m or more) snow is annoying, and it's very easy to get wet when snow gets inside your shoes. On the other hand, things tend to stand out against snow, so that would help you.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73714 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:19 pm »

Running/walking/moving at all in deep (1 foot / 0.33m or more) snow is annoying, and it's very easy to get wet when snow gets inside your shoes.
This is what snowshoes are for???

Actual sad:
As has been par for the course, it seems like the moment I feel like I'll be able to get back up again, my feet get knocked out from under me, for about the fifth time in a year. I did my best, and as usual, my best was not enough. Looks like I'm probably out on the street again.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73715 on: April 23, 2014, 11:39:56 pm »

I don't even feel like posting my sads because they feel so insignificant compared to other peoples. ;_;

I think I pulled a muscle in my back, because every time I breathe in deeply it feels like there is a knife in it, and there's something wrong with my stomach again, because it's hurting really bad.
Earlier, I was walking in the living room, and I got a really bad bit of pain through my stomach, and when I tried to stop to catch my breath, the back pain shot through, and the two of them together just made me incapable of fighting it, and I collapsed, and just lay there for a while until I could get back up.
But I'm laying down now, so it's not really a big deal.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73716 on: April 24, 2014, 01:52:25 am »

It may be a nerve that's compressed between two vertebrae.
I know there's a pretty frequent condition like this, but I can't even remember its name in my mother tongue. It's linked to the fact that humans are bipedal, so it's pretty well-known. Try checking for this? Otherwise, if it is possible you should go to the ostheopath. They have magic fingers.

Personally, I scared myself shitless yesterday night. I couldn't sleep for a long time (which is unusual) because I had all these black black thoughts. Like how would I go about suiciding, how long would it take for people to notice, how long would it take to find the body, and who would be unhappy. Also, do I care about these unhappy people enough to not do it. For now, the answer is that I care enough about my grandmother that I wouldn't do it. She's had enough trouble recently and I shouldn't add to it.
I don't think my life is bad enough that suicide is a valid option, but I'm seriously scared. Am I having my yearly depression?
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73717 on: April 24, 2014, 04:02:54 am »

Ughhhhhhh.

Went to bed at 2AM because I was sleepy, couldn't fall asleep for hours, then woke up at 8AM with a killer headache, got back to sleep, kinda, woke up again this time at 11AM.

There goes the morning I guess :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73718 on: April 24, 2014, 09:01:41 am »

Turtle died.

Edit: Actually, I'm not super sad about it. It's much harder to anthropomorphize in ones head and subsequently feel a attachment to a reptile then a mammal.

So just a little sad.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:08:27 am by Criptfeind »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73719 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:09 am »

Turtle died.
I hope it was quietly and in its sleep.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73720 on: April 24, 2014, 09:08:41 am »

Do turtles sleep? Is that a thing?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73721 on: April 24, 2014, 09:11:12 am »

Everything with a central nervous system sleeps.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #73722 on: April 24, 2014, 09:12:34 am »

I don't even feel like posting my sads because they feel so insignificant compared to other peoples. ;_;

I think I pulled a muscle in my back, because every time I breathe in deeply it feels like there is a knife in it, and there's something wrong with my stomach again, because it's hurting really bad.
Earlier, I was walking in the living room, and I got a really bad bit of pain through my stomach, and when I tried to stop to catch my breath, the back pain shot through, and the two of them together just made me incapable of fighting it, and I collapsed, and just lay there for a while until I could get back up.
Could it be a slipped plate? Or my dad's problem, which was two fused disks?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73723 on: April 24, 2014, 09:27:01 am »

Could it be a slipped plate? Or my dad's problem, which was two fused disks?
That honestly does sound like one of your nerves gt stuck between your spinal disks. Try doing some stretches.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73724 on: April 24, 2014, 09:30:28 am »

Everything with a central nervous system sleeps.
I contest this.
In fact, there's some humans who don't sleep.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 4913 4914 [4915] 4916 4917 ... 8167