Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4899 4900 [4901] 4902 4903 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9435425 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #73500 on: April 20, 2014, 08:21:02 am »

Who plays video games or uses the computer with their feet?
I have! I can use a controller with my feet. Not well, but good enough to win at Bushido Blade a couple of times.

Probably should just buy some shinai, I know from experience that the most you usually get from a hit with them is massive, massive welts- but they're kind of unwieldy afaik.

PVC tubing + compressed foam + duct tape. Yeah, it still hurts if you go all out, but hey, it's better than nothing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73501 on: April 20, 2014, 10:51:56 am »

Yes, I've seen the video. Y'know, before someone assumes I haven't.
Which one?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #73502 on: April 20, 2014, 10:56:54 am »

If you were going to do hand to hand, boxing gloves do perfect work.
Not really. Even sparring can leave you with welts, bruises, and broken bones if you aren't prepared to take more than a jab. The gloves are there to protect your hands, not your opponent. There's a reason mma fighters vaseline their faces before fights. It prevents the first few shots from cutting you open.
Danger is half the fun in any contact sport, if you want just the pain with no threat to your body integrity, do ballet.

i assume you dismiss the foot as something not essential to a body's integrity

Yes, I've seen the video. Y'know, before someone assumes I haven't.
Well, you walk with your feet most of the time.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73503 on: April 20, 2014, 11:04:24 am »

I have to say, beating people up with bokkens is ridiculously fun, but Kendo club members always scream like cats in heat, so I chose kickboxing instead.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73504 on: April 20, 2014, 01:15:18 pm »

I feel like I'm not really close to anyone I know, mostly since I'm often quite reluctant to reveal personal information about myself.

Also, I don't really have a place where I can just talk with people about random nonsense.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73505 on: April 20, 2014, 01:17:33 pm »

Also, I don't really have a place where I can just talk with people about random nonsense.
#bay12lb on irc.darkmyst.net
That's our IRC, it's a chill place with discussion ranging from games to venting to programming to whatever, sounds like the place you're looking for :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73506 on: April 20, 2014, 01:17:58 pm »

I feel like I'm not really close to anyone I know, mostly since I'm often quite reluctant to reveal personal information about myself.

Here?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #73507 on: April 20, 2014, 01:19:23 pm »

Also, I don't really have a place where I can just talk with people about random various nonsense.

FTFY, to make it throwback. I liked VN.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73508 on: April 20, 2014, 01:37:55 pm »

#bay12lb on irc.darkmyst.net
That's our IRC, it's a chill place with discussion ranging from games to venting to programming to whatever, sounds like the place you're looking for :P
Talking being the operative word. Because of my language-processing problems I find it slightly difficult to follow a conversation in text, and there is also the problem of tone not being carried through text. Also the fact that there is no definite time that any of it starts or ends, and people just drop in and out randomly.

I've been considering starting a thread for roll20 campaign of some sort, but I'm not sure what board to put it in, and I don't even know what game I'd actually run, so I sorta just give up on the idea entirely until the subject comes to mind and I repeat the cycle again.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73509 on: April 20, 2014, 01:44:36 pm »

The board could be either FG&RP or PWYB, I've seen these kind of games in both.

Also, no definite end or start is an advantage rather than a disadvantage. There's generally always a few people online (and active) to chat with. It's your choice, though :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #73510 on: April 20, 2014, 02:30:26 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73511 on: April 20, 2014, 03:44:27 pm »

It's Easter and I am entirely alone because I do not enjoy being with my parents, my friends are all having parties to which I wasn't invited with their friends, my grandmothers are in a retirement home because they've been feeling really bad lately, my grandfathers are both dead, my girlfriend got killed in a hurricane some time ago and my cat splattered it's brains on a pavement after falling from the 15th floor.

That's the 24th holiday in a row I spend entirely alone.

I wanna get drunk but I have no alcohol and all the shops are out of it so I think I'm just gonna hang myself instead.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73512 on: April 20, 2014, 03:57:52 pm »

-snip-
24th in a row? How old are you?

Also, you have every reason to be depressed. My sympathies~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73513 on: April 20, 2014, 04:03:07 pm »

-snip-
24th in a row? How old are you?

Also, you have every reason to be depressed. My sympathies~
I'm not gonna tell my age, but what I mean is that there were, so far, 24 times people I know gathered together and had fun - birthdays, housewarming parties, carwashing parties, hunting trips, that time a sausage truck crashed on a street nearby - while I just sat alone and did nothing in particular. It's my fault, of course, but I am still sad.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73514 on: April 20, 2014, 04:06:05 pm »

The hurricane one was pretty jarring to see in a list like that. ._.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 4899 4900 [4901] 4902 4903 ... 8167