Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4837 4838 [4839] 4840 4841 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443715 times)

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #72570 on: April 05, 2014, 10:11:05 am »

Ears have been pierced for close to two years now.  Left out studs for about three days.  Just had to re-pierce ears.  Why.
Needle or piercing gun? I tend to have more problems with the ones made with a piercing gun than the homemade ones made using a hollow needle. Piercing guns rather compress the tissue, while a hollow needle removes it.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72571 on: April 05, 2014, 10:30:14 am »

Ears have been pierced for close to two years now.  Left out studs for about three days.  Just had to re-pierce ears.  Why.
Needle or piercing gun? I tend to have more problems with the ones made with a piercing gun than the homemade ones made using a hollow needle. Piercing guns rather compress the tissue, while a hollow needle removes it.
Both of these sound absolutely awful. Why would anyone do such a thing? You are poking holes through your ear.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72572 on: April 05, 2014, 10:46:19 am »

Turned down two weeks in a row to hang out with my sweetheart. This week she said she wasn't sure and that she'd get back to me, and she never did. Granted, when she said that, it sound like she didn't really want to anyway. And she did say she was being stressed because of her finals.

...And her saying "she'll get back to me" was probably her expecting me to call her and not me waiting for her to call. >_<

Both of these sound absolutely awful. Why would anyone do such a thing? You are poking holes through your ear.
I've never really understood the appeal of piercings. Forget ear piercings, what about nose, tongue, nipple, or clitoral piercings? Three of those go through places with a lot of nerves, and at least two of them probably make sex a bit more awkward.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72573 on: April 05, 2014, 10:51:42 am »

That it does occur should probably tell you something about your assumption, A. Last I paid attention increased pleasure is, in fact, cited as one of the major reasons for genital or tongue piercing. Whether that's buyer's remorse speaking or actuality, I couldn't say, but...

And yeah, it's mostly just a socially congruent means of ornamentation display. Nothing more, nothing less. Don't have ear piercings myself, but I've got a standing offer to family that if they get around to turning a pair of old tiny bone dice I've got into earrings, I'm up for it. Hopefully set 'em up with bronze or copper hanging, yeah. Copper and bone, whee~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72574 on: April 05, 2014, 10:53:28 am »

Turned down two weeks in a row to hang out with my sweetheart. This week she said she wasn't sure and that she'd get back to me, and she never did. Granted, when she said that, it sound like she didn't really want to anyway. And she did say she was being stressed because of her finals.

...And her saying "she'll get back to me" was probably her expecting me to call her and not me waiting for her to call. >_<

I've never really understood the appeal of piercings. Forget ear piercings, what about nose, tongue, nipple, or clitoral piercings? Three of those go through places with a lot of nerves, and at least two of them probably make sex a bit more awkward.
I'm in the same boat. There are a bunch of psychological theories about non-ear piercings and excessive tatoos, but that would be just starting another heated debate.
On the topic, I find ear gauges absolutely horrifying.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72575 on: April 05, 2014, 10:54:45 am »

I've never really understood the appeal of piercings.
Me either, honestly. Ears I'm mostly fine with, but anywhere else, or tattoos, I honestly find somewhat repulsive.

...ouch. I've been there before, and it sucks... if you were important enough to her for her to want to spend time with you, no matter how busy she was, she would make the time. Try again soon and see if she's changed her mind?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72576 on: April 05, 2014, 10:56:17 am »

My mother has a non-professional ear piercing. Apparently it went kind of badly because they didn't really know what they were doing (put ice on your ear and hammer a needle through it), but she still has it 20 years later, so I guess it worked out.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72577 on: April 05, 2014, 10:58:22 am »

...ouch. I've been there before, and it sucks... if you were important enough to her for her to want to spend time with you, no matter how busy she was, she would make the time. Try again soon and see if she's changed her mind?
Ehh, I'm pretty sure my feelings for her are far more than what she feels for me. Plus, if she's being stressed by something and wants to be left alone, I can respect that.

(put ice on your ear and hammer a needle through it)
*cringes*
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72578 on: April 05, 2014, 11:15:22 am »

The usual: It seemed like a good idea at the time. It looked cool. It was the 90s. It didn't cost much.

(put ice on your ear and hammer a needle through it)
*cringes*
That's how I made one of mine too. Without ice is better, though it bleeds more. The self-made ones hurt more initially, but healed much faster and better than the pistol shot ones.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72579 on: April 05, 2014, 12:45:08 pm »

I want a fair few tattoos, but I think the most I'll do for piercing is possibly the other ear, and a cartilage pierce so I can wear an earring-chain, a la Bajorans from DS9. (Not those specific ones, but I don't know how else to descriptioning)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #72580 on: April 05, 2014, 01:51:57 pm »

I don't really like tattoos or earrings, to be honest. On the ear ring front, I don't like the idea of having my ear pierced, given that the very sight of a needle makes me terrified (Though I can overcome it when I need an injection. Sort of.) And as for tattoos, they simply look bad when you get older and are essentially just another way of scarring yourself.

Of course, I do understand that these things make you look cooler, but I wouldn't do anything to my body just to look cool. Doesn't make sense. Maybe some people see it as a form of art?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72581 on: April 05, 2014, 01:53:14 pm »

Maybe some people see it as a form of art?
Maybe. Just maybe.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #72582 on: April 05, 2014, 01:57:46 pm »

Maybe. Just maybe.

Hey, I've never met anyone who actually sees it as art. It's more like they consider it a chick-magnet or some-such. Me saying "maybe" is because I simply haven't encountered it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72583 on: April 05, 2014, 02:01:58 pm »

I know a few people who had gotten tattoos to symbolize something they feel is important to them.

Though I also know a few who got them simply because they could.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72584 on: April 05, 2014, 02:03:07 pm »

Maybe. Just maybe.

Hey, I've never met anyone who actually sees it as art. It's more like they consider it a chick-magnet or some-such. Me saying "maybe" is because I simply haven't encountered it.
I've met people who originally claimed to see it as art, but let it slip that they thought it made them look cooler. Or feel different. Or to symbolize something. I don't think art is the real point behind it.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 4837 4838 [4839] 4840 4841 ... 8167