Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4833 4834 [4835] 4836 4837 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443840 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #72510 on: April 04, 2014, 02:53:50 am »

I overreacted. :x I was partly baised at the time due to hearing lots of stories of malpractice.
Also it's 'matter', right?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72511 on: April 04, 2014, 03:12:23 am »

Back to the hospital again, so more doctors can completely fail to figure out what's wrong with me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #72512 on: April 04, 2014, 03:15:46 am »

Back to the hospital again, so more doctors can completely fail to figure out what's wrong with me.
Last time you said its something with your liver?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72513 on: April 04, 2014, 03:18:25 am »

First hospital visit debunked that. The liver was a symptom of whatever is ailing me.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72514 on: April 04, 2014, 03:49:55 am »

Administering yourself a healthy dose of sleep withdrawal, just so you could get into better sleep schedule, is not fun.
Damn I'm getting old. Back in high school I could survive on 4-5 hours during weekdays, now I'm a zombie if I get slightly less than 7.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72515 on: April 04, 2014, 03:51:34 am »

Administering yourself a healthy dose of sleep withdrawal, just so you could get into better sleep schedule, is not fun.
Damn I'm getting old. Back in high school I could survive on 4-5 hours during weekdays, now I'm a zombie if I get slightly less than 7.
I'm trying to do it the other way around right now, with copious amounts of caffeine.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72516 on: April 04, 2014, 05:51:16 am »

Y'know that feeling when you finish something really amazing and now you know there's nothing left to do but chew over the memories, and you'll never have the experience again because the very definition of novelty forbids it? Twice, in as many weeks. That particular blend of rapture and emptiness is one hell of a thing. I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep, but I don't know what kind of tears.

I know I can put it in this thread, though because I hate soggy pillows. God. Such a pain.
Maybe it's just me, but I have a behavior of telling the concept of novelty to go fuck itself and read books I have already read after a considerable period of time has passed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72517 on: April 04, 2014, 05:52:50 am »

Yup, you miss so much when you first read books. At least I do.

Most notably for me was Renly having the gay virus.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72518 on: April 04, 2014, 07:37:33 am »

Holy crap B12 just self-regulated, identified, and terminated a religious debate.

I'm practically unnecessary now... *sniff* they grow up so fast.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72519 on: April 04, 2014, 07:53:55 am »

Link?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #72520 on: April 04, 2014, 09:35:08 am »

Y'know that feeling when you finish something really amazing and now you know there's nothing left to do but chew over the memories, and you'll never have the experience again because the very definition of novelty forbids it? Twice, in as many weeks. That particular blend of rapture and emptiness is one hell of a thing. I think I'm going to go cry myself to sleep, but I don't know what kind of tears.

I know I can put it in this thread, though because I hate soggy pillows. God. Such a pain.
Maybe it's just me, but I have a behavior of telling the concept of novelty to go fuck itself and read books I have already read after a considerable period of time has passed.
You're not wrong, but rereading it will be a different experience, and that's what I'm happy/sad about. The exploration is done. Rereading and rewatching would be cataloging. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not the particular experience I loved. Also, Umineko no Naku Koro ni is hella long, so chances are Kill la Kill is the only one I'll have time to retread anytime in the foreseeable future.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72521 on: April 04, 2014, 09:49:39 am »

I don't think I've had a genuine moment of novelty in the last 3 years. Even books are a little less novel now a days.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72522 on: April 04, 2014, 10:19:44 am »

What made me sad

I was sitting with my cute girlfriend and we were annoying each other, one of my friends walked up and said that we would make a cute couple. Upon replying to that comment with ¨we are already dating¨, he screams in amazement. After that another one of my friends at the other end of the table screams ¨ Holy crap, you two are dating?¨. By now I am just depressed but that is not the last of it another person just looks at me and says ¨I would have never thought would have gotten a girlfriend in your life to be honest, I'm proud of you¨

I can not believe the oh so amazing friends I have chosen, thanks life for a wonderfully depressing day.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72523 on: April 04, 2014, 10:24:36 am »

What made me sad

I was sitting with my cute girlfriend and we were annoying each other, one of my friends walked up and said that we would make a cute couple. Upon replying to that comment with ¨we are already dating¨, he screams in amazement. After that another one of my friends at the other end of the table screams ¨ Holy crap, you two are dating?¨. By now I am just depressed but that is not the last of it another person just looks at me and says ¨I would have never thought would have gotten a girlfriend in your life to be honest, I'm proud of you¨

I can not believe the oh so amazing friends I have chosen, thanks life for a wonderfully depressing day.
If it makes you feel any better, I had those exact same things said to me. I know how you feel.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72524 on: April 04, 2014, 10:28:37 am »

Important: does your girlfriend know you're dating her?
Pages: 1 ... 4833 4834 [4835] 4836 4837 ... 8167