Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4678 4679 [4680] 4681 4682 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9426389 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70185 on: February 14, 2014, 05:53:04 pm »

I'm really not sure why they decided not to go with Brian Cranston. I mean, he's already played a bald cancer victim/evil mastermind pretty well, why not another one?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70186 on: February 14, 2014, 05:56:32 pm »

People might compare Walter White to Lthor, and Walter would come out ahead with five seasons of characterisation, maybe? People might think "oh, he's not a good a villain in this" and so it would reflect negatively on the film?

Dunno. Maybe.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70187 on: February 14, 2014, 07:04:50 pm »

Forecast showing a high in the 80s (About 27C.) come wednesday. Looks like florida's gearing back up to being goddamn miserable again. Didn't... didn't even really get a good winter, this time. Had lizardpeople (read: Normal floridian who thinks 70F is cold) staying here since janurary (1-2 weeks my ass. It's been over a month and a half.), so the AC actually came on instead of letting the house feel decent for once. Can feel the seasonal depression setting in and it's not even warmed up yet :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70188 on: February 14, 2014, 07:08:46 pm »

Man, I wanna drive in Florida. I'd rather have 80 than 10 + falling snow + ice in the road.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70189 on: February 14, 2014, 07:27:43 pm »

Yeah, driving around here tends to be pretty easy, least up until it gets over the hundreds and things start occasionally melting. And ignoring the occasional hurricane but eh, hurricanes are chumps most of the time so it's no big. It's just the other stuff. Living. Breathing. Those sorts things. That are less pleasant.

I'd trade you, though. Heartbeat. Cold and conditions I can deal with, or learn to deal with. There's not actually any dealing with heat. Nothing you can really do that doesn't involve AC or whatnot. Cold you bundle up like damn, take extra care driving (or just not drive, if possible!). You can actually reach points where things are consistently pleasant (bundled up under mountain of bedding).

Heat. Heat, you run out of things to take off. And are still miserable. Can try water! It doesn't really help. Wind! Yeah, well, moving air makes it slightly less miserable, at least. Ice melts. It's a constant fight. It never reaches a point where things are consistently pleasant. Just, unpleasant. Either fighting the unpleasantness or being stuck in it. No third option. Constantly. For months. Small reprieve during "winter". Three, maybe four weeks it's not a tiny slice of hell on earth. And then back to swelter for the rest of the year.

Hate this state, so much. So very, very much. Still few years stuck in it. Less years than before, though. Is something. Bad enough. Winter's going away, and there wasn't much of one. Suffer is coming back, and it is always long and plentiful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70190 on: February 14, 2014, 07:56:09 pm »

When the family and I went on vacation to Florida's main theme park attraction (the one with mouse ears,) we were very confused about the locals' clothes. Sure, it was October, so it shouldn't seem too out of place to see people in light jackets and long pants, but it was a hundred fucking degrees. 100F. (37.7C). I thought I was going to burst into flames from the sunshine. Then, of course, we got back to Michigan, and it was 40F out.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #70191 on: February 14, 2014, 08:15:21 pm »

After a week of depression and hardly having the will to get up in the morning, I finally started feeling a little better today. Then find out that my aunt and uncle (Who are letting me with them) are having relationship issues and may be heading towards divorce. :(

I know it's ridiculous to think I'm responsible... But I can't help but think that they'd be happier without me around. If only I had a decent job...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #70192 on: February 14, 2014, 11:28:39 pm »

Cooking some supper and I notice something small and dark floating with the noodles. Fishing it out with a spoon reveals it's one end of some kind of larvae. Ended up throwing the lot away, but regret it. Lots of foodstuffs contain insect parts after all.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70193 on: February 15, 2014, 12:05:12 am »

Cooking some supper and I notice something small and dark floating with the noodles. Fishing it out with a spoon reveals it's one end of some kind of larvae. Ended up throwing the lot away, but regret it. Lots of foodstuffs contain insect parts after all.
Eww. Was it moving? Are you sure it wasn't a weird looking nub of something else? Was it canned or homemade soup?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #70194 on: February 15, 2014, 12:08:20 am »

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-prevent-get-rid-of-grai-140955
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70195 on: February 15, 2014, 12:26:33 am »

Gotta get rid of that grai.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #70196 on: February 15, 2014, 12:39:30 am »

Eww. Was it moving? Are you sure it wasn't a weird looking nub of something else? Was it canned or homemade soup?
Very sure it's not a well disguised noodle. Might have been alive before I boiled it, but I didn't see it move under it's own volition. I was making packaged instant noodles, not the cup kind.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-prevent-get-rid-of-grai-140955
Some searches brought up grain weevil larvae as a possibility; I'm not the first to find them in instant noodles. This one looks different than the photos I've seen, but similar enough.

Luckily I've not seen any sign of an infestation. The noodles were the oldest non-canned food in the house and the cupboards are otherwise bare by the end of every week or two. Would hate to deal with an infestation.

6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70197 on: February 15, 2014, 02:01:16 am »

I got kicked out of a Rust community.
Worst of all was the reason.

"It's not that we don't trust you. We trust you completely. We just don't like you."

Well fuck. Personality self-improvement binge, Go!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70198 on: February 15, 2014, 03:03:51 am »

I got kicked out of a Rust community.
Worst of all was the reason.

"It's not that we don't trust you. We trust you completely. We just don't like you."

Well fuck. Personality self-improvement binge, Go!

Why do you feel the need to change yourself because they don't like you? It's their problem if they don't like you. You might want to ask them why they don't like you, but that doesn't mean you need to change to suit them. Find another, slightly more accepting group of people to play with!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70199 on: February 15, 2014, 03:38:12 am »

Trusting random people that criticise your personality on the internet is somewhat foolish to say the least

Not matter what, there's always some people who will hate you for what you are.
Pages: 1 ... 4678 4679 [4680] 4681 4682 ... 8167