Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4668 4669 [4670] 4671 4672 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9423992 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #70035 on: February 10, 2014, 05:35:26 pm »

? He seemed like a pretty... passionate dude, often getting into big arguments. Let's hope he's just taking some cooling time.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70036 on: February 10, 2014, 05:47:48 pm »

As far as I've seen, it doesn't work like that; I've stumbled over quite a few edits I didn't see using the new replies page.
But I saw MZ's post both pre and post edit and I only ever use the new replies function...
I find that the New Replies button occasionally refuses to remove a topic from the list, even after I've seen the most recent post multiple times.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70037 on: February 10, 2014, 06:20:35 pm »

Sometimes it goes a bit silly and imforms me that there is a new post in a thread: I know, because i was the one who just posted.

Never had it refuse to remove a thread fro mthe new list, though.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70038 on: February 10, 2014, 07:31:06 pm »

That is badly caring for a dog.
But there is much, much worse out there.

She's fed enough, she is exercised at least twice a day, and she's obviously loved.

I'd say that whilst he's lapsing and letting his laziness impact on his care of the dog, he's coming out worse than she is.
I've thought similar myself, but should this be the measure?
You're absolutely right. It shouldn't.
But I was just gauging the reaction of the animal welfare people if you were to decide to do something.

Unfortunately making your dog fat isn't a crime.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70039 on: February 10, 2014, 08:02:00 pm »

You know, when someone doesn't post for less than a month, I don't usually consider them gone. In fact, you're going to have to get in to at least three or four months to be gone in my book.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70040 on: February 10, 2014, 09:34:46 pm »

Can't do anything right. Can't do anything. Arr.
Also net problems. Arr.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70041 on: February 10, 2014, 09:40:43 pm »

Tackling an old short story I last worked on about three years ago... back when I thought I'd go to school and write every weekend.

It's so terribly written, and reminds me of so many things I thought I would do but haven't.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70042 on: February 10, 2014, 09:55:18 pm »

Tackling an old short story I last worked on about three years ago... back when I thought I'd go to school and write every weekend.

It's so terribly written, and reminds me of so many things I thought I would do but haven't.

Blegh I can't even consider the could and would haves of my past without running the risk of driving myself into the ground with regret. I feel like I've disappointed so many people by not being what I 'could have been', and it would be nice to just toss a match and watch it all burn or develop amnesia or something.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #70043 on: February 10, 2014, 09:59:17 pm »

Blegh I can't even consider the could and would haves of my past without running the risk of driving myself into the ground with regret. I feel like I've disappointed so many people by not being what I 'could have been', and it would be nice to just toss a match and watch it all burn or develop amnesia or something.

:( Yeah, I know that feeling.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #70044 on: February 10, 2014, 10:08:36 pm »

What are you guys even saying?  You're not loaded down with responsibilities that drastically hinder you from pursuing whatever the hell you want.  There is no "could have done" in your life yet.  Go do whatever you set your mind to.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70045 on: February 10, 2014, 10:08:59 pm »

It's sadder that sometimes people can't appreciate who you are now compared to what you are not currently, now.
There's a bright side to that though.
However I can't ever see that in me.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #70046 on: February 10, 2014, 10:11:25 pm »

I know how that feels..

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70047 on: February 10, 2014, 10:17:14 pm »

What are you guys even saying?  You're not loaded down with responsibilities that drastically hinder you from pursuing whatever the hell you want.  There is no "could have done" in your life yet.  Go do whatever you set your mind to.

Sadly, my parents feel I owe them a lucrative mind-numbing career, traditional--but also joyful and quirky (manic-pixie dream) husband, and babies.  No, my parents don't own me, but there's nothing quite like being shouted at because as they say, maybe they'd decide they wanted to be paid for tuition after all and I really need to be making $80,000 a year in case that happens.

It's stressful, it's exhausting, and it makes everything five times harder than it needs to be.  I'd love to know who I could have been in a different situation.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70048 on: February 10, 2014, 10:31:40 pm »

Joke's on them if they did. Can't get a retroactive charge like that to stick in civil court, if it came down to the brass tacks of it. Just shy of 100% sure of that, unless they actually had you sign some sort of contract beforehand (or cali law is pretty radically different from FL law. Which it almost certainly is, but this is federal/interstate level contract law stuff.). So... if it came to that, and the bridges are ready for burning, you'd be able to lawyer up and walk out. Probably have to drop the current school if it weren't yet done, but...

If, uh. If that's any comfort. The knowledge has helped me out a couple times, emotionally.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70049 on: February 10, 2014, 10:48:14 pm »

No, I've graduated.  They're just being assholes.

Pages: 1 ... 4668 4669 [4670] 4671 4672 ... 8167