Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4658 4659 [4660] 4661 4662 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9428776 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #69885 on: February 06, 2014, 04:47:34 am »

It's cold and I have to go outside. :(

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69886 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33:24 am »

Just pretty much flunked an exam. I might get a 3.0, if I'm lucky...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69887 on: February 06, 2014, 09:17:16 am »

I'm supposing that's bad.. what would be a good score then, for comparison?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69888 on: February 06, 2014, 10:01:11 am »

I think Helgo is a German, which would means he uses a 1 to 6 scale, with 1 being the best.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69889 on: February 06, 2014, 10:37:36 am »

Just realized Flux doesn't actually make my screen duller, just changes the flavor.

They should put that in.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69890 on: February 06, 2014, 10:47:28 am »

Just realized Flux doesn't actually make my screen duller, just changes the flavor.

They should put that in.
Th point is it doesn't have to make it duller because the colours are warmer.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69891 on: February 06, 2014, 01:05:44 pm »

I think Helgo is a German, which would means he uses a 1 to 6 scale, with 1 being the best.
1.0 to 5.0, with 5.0 being failure. I'm at university ;)

Plus I got a 2.7, apparently - the whole thing was shifted. 25 points out of 50 got you a 3.0 :D
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #69892 on: February 06, 2014, 01:27:50 pm »

Dear person living one floor above me.

Please do not use squeaky chairs for that activity.

Thank you.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #69893 on: February 06, 2014, 01:43:55 pm »

I, too, am displeased when my neighbors use squeaky chairs for fire-extinguisher-jousting.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69894 on: February 06, 2014, 01:48:16 pm »

That was not the activity that came first to my mind.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69895 on: February 06, 2014, 01:50:30 pm »

yeah, people rarely keep fire extinguishers in apartments anymore it's like they don't care about fire safety

i thought it was more an affair of spinning around in such a squeaky chair you don't tend to notice the squeak and then your neighbor is all "please don't"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69896 on: February 06, 2014, 01:53:23 pm »

I was playing Dungeon crawl as a ghoul necromancer the other day and raising up every corpse I could find to be my skeletal servants and eating the leftover flesh, and it was sort of satisfying, but I wish I could do more. I want a game where I can raise up entire hordes and armies of undead and lay waste to entire cities. I want to watch and laugh as the masses of writhing, rotting flesh wash over those pathetic mortals as they try desperately to fight back, and are ultimately consumed as fuel for my unstoppable unholy army. Unfortunately I don't know of a game that will let me do that, so I'll just stick to Crawl and Dungeon Keeper...

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #69897 on: February 06, 2014, 01:57:18 pm »

I was playing Dungeon crawl as a ghoul necromancer the other day and raising up every corpse I could find to be my skeletal servants and eating the leftover flesh, and it was sort of satisfying, but I wish I could do more. I want a game where I can raise up entire hordes and armies of undead and lay waste to entire cities. I want to watch and laugh as the masses of writhing, rotting flesh wash over those pathetic mortals as they try desperately to fight back, and are ultimately consumed as fuel for my unstoppable unholy army. Unfortunately I don't know of a game that will let me do that, so I'll just stick to Crawl and Dungeon Keeper...

DF in a few releases will probably let you do that. You can kind of do that now in Adventure mode as a Necromancer.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69898 on: February 06, 2014, 02:12:24 pm »

DF in a few releases will probably let you do that. You can kind of do that now in Adventure mode as a Necromancer.

Also check out the Solid and Shade mod for Mount and Blade (not Warband).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69899 on: February 06, 2014, 02:31:20 pm »

Today basically everything seems to be going wrong. I accidentally didn't set my alarm on properly, which meant I woke up with absolutely no time to prepare for class, I rushed out the door and had to content with digging my car out of the gigantic pile of snow it had become, then on the way to college I was delayed by a really nasty accident which was taking up all but one lane on the interstate. It looked like a burly pickup truck had T-boned a sedan, with nasty results, though fortunately the guy in the sedan seemed like he was going to be alright, one of the people involved was helping him out of his car as I passed, and there didn't seem to be any blood or anything, though the drivers side of his car looked like a giant hand had smooshed it together.

I discovered that the assignment I was going to do last night but couldn't because the internet cut out as I was doing it is now actually a day late, though I'm hoping that will be forgiven.

Also among other things, my chair is falling apart.
Pages: 1 ... 4658 4659 [4660] 4661 4662 ... 8167