Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447002 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #6900 on: June 11, 2010, 11:42:54 pm »

Hit on the girl who hates you.

Take away her hamburger, even.
I said God dammit to this.
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: June 11, 2010, 11:46:10 pm »

Hit on the girl who hates you.

Take away her hamburger, even.

How... oddly euphemistic.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: June 11, 2010, 11:49:09 pm »

I have had a fairly crappy week. got nothing but a job offer for extremely temporary work being a peppy sales/ marketing type person who gets to hang out in the sun in-front of a Sears trying to trade coupons for recyclable electronics.

My wife got me a surprise gift, which is great really. It was a wireless headset, the Microsoft Live Chat ZX6000. Charged it for 6 hours like it said to, plugged in the receiver and... nothing. computer didn't even react to this device and did not detect it at all. I try different slots and still nothing. great. Well I could return it locally and get a different headset, no sweat, I only wasted 2 hours of my life trying to get that to work.

So I return it and get a slightly more expensive stereo bluetooth headset called the iskin, made in Canada which is a bonus. Charged it, struggled to get it to connect but it worked, I could hear stuff through it. Microphone wouldn't work. Grrrr...

I grab the receipt and the iskin and all it's parts and return to the store (which is a good half hour bike ride away) and go to exchange it for a Logitech wireless headset which is more than twice as expensive as the original gift >.<

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FFFFFFFFFFF

Went back home
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and returned. returned the iskin, bought the Logitech headset, went home. charged it, plugged in the receiver. worked fine. FINALLY

4 days later I go to charge my MP3 player. I returned the iskin with the wrong fucking usb cord. Spend the next hour on the phone trying to get to the right department. Get the right department, they hang up instead of putting me on hold like they said they would. Apparently they tried to transfer me >.< Called back and all I could get was a "we can't do anything, the returns have already been shipped."

blargh!

I have been too tired this whole damn week to put up with this shit. I havn't gotten any of my LP done and I feel like crap.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: June 12, 2010, 12:59:48 am »

Nobody read my BeeQuest omegle log. :(
I read the damn thing. It was the best thing I've ever seen.  Other than the ToonyPost over there.  With the shades.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: June 12, 2010, 02:51:52 am »

I saw the new "X-COM" trailer on Kotaku, and somebody linked to this.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: June 12, 2010, 03:18:57 am »

My Nvlddmkm Driver keeps crashing, and I don't know how to fix it. :(
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #6906 on: June 12, 2010, 06:31:32 am »

The new X-COM

Wait wait wait, what did I miss?
*quck web check*
Dooo-deee-dooo, x-com franchise, doo-deee-doo reinstalment of franchise, doo-de--WHATFIRSTPERSONSHOOTERWHAITWHAT?!??
This does not make me RAGE as much as it makes me sad...I mean, how many Sci-fi RTS strategy/squad-based strategy hybrids did we get compared to (Sci-fi)FPSs in last years? It's like complete the opposite compared to a decade and more ago when we had 5 flight sims, 3 C&C clones, a handull of RPGs every year...and only Unreal Tournament vs. Quake III feud for quite some time.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: June 12, 2010, 06:33:25 am »

Man, with all this negative reaction over a genre change, I can't wait to see if it'll actually be good or not.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: June 12, 2010, 07:27:15 am »

My Nvlddmkm Driver keeps crashing, and I don't know how to fix it. :(

Pop your Windows CD in the drive and see if theres a way to replace it. If not, reinstall windows. NTDLM is the virtual machine that allows your computer to run programs that weren't designed for your version of Windows or processor architecture. Basically, every program made before 2000 needs it to run.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: June 12, 2010, 07:43:55 am »

UFO Enemy Unknown:
 Defend the world
 Build any base in any location
 Three-button aircraft combat
 Strategic balancing of pure research, quickly adapting alien weaponry, constructing good gear but not having enough, manufacturing just to make money, and actually having the immediate resources to go out there and keep the world together.
 Agents are human who become better with experience.
 Tactical turn-based combat
 Pretty much anything can be destroyed if you brought enough firepower.
 Tanks and landed aircraft on both sides.

X-Com Apocalypse:
 Defend a city
 Build in one of a limited number of specific buildings with pre-designated entry points
 Useless suicide-can ground vehicles, aircraft that generally just hover and trade blows, but agile craft can work for the first week or so...
 Strategic system slightly simplified, due to overpowered machine pistols, ultralight armour, and lack of alien rankings.
 Agents are human, robotic, or partially alien, who become better with experience, but there is a limited quantity.
 Tactical turn-based or simultaneous with pause button.
 Quite possibly the pinnacle of destructible environments in computer games.
 No tanks, landed enemy aircraft only

Predictions for the future:
 Defend one guy, maybe a squad.
 Be given a default base.
 full-blown car-driving simulation included, but get out of the car before combat starts.
 Choose which gun you want next.
 One agent, but you can mutate them and install robotic parts.
 Twitch-based continuous combat.
 The whole world consists of amorphous blobs.
 Fully functional alien aircraft, which just disappear when you manage to kill them with a handgun.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #6910 on: June 12, 2010, 08:36:04 am »

Jackrabbit, I am not negative about genre change, though I did exaggarete a bit. I am merely a bit cautious about what to expect simply because FPSs are quite abundant these days and making an X-com into one just seems a bit, you know, like they are just following the trend.

Of course, it could turn out quite good and I would be quite happy to see so.
And let us hope it does not turn into
Spoiler: what RAM wrote (click to show/hide)

Hmmm, well, maybe even THAT would not be so bad if they manage to make it entertaining to some degree.. Let us not forget C&C:Renegade.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: June 12, 2010, 01:32:18 pm »

I wish the Devil May Cry series had music options.

Like:

• - Faux-epic orchestral music

[ ] - Generic guitar
[ ] - If Slipknot were a techno band.

Because I really hate the latter, and it's like the entire score.
Shoes...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: June 12, 2010, 01:36:58 pm »

The problem is not that they are making a FPS. The problem is that somehow we are expected to believe that a FPS with a rejected x-files script is in some unfathomable way related to the original X-com games. It may or may not suck as a FPS, but it certainly is not an heir of the former in any meaningful way.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: June 12, 2010, 01:40:20 pm »

It's System Shock 4 - Alienshock.  I tried really hard to be optimistic but not even I can have hope after a trailer like that.  It might be decent on its own merit, the aliens are pretty cool (At least in my opinion), but it's not an XCOM game.
Shoes...

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: June 12, 2010, 02:12:46 pm »

I wish the Devil May Cry series had music options.

Like:

• - Faux-epic orchestral music

[ ] - Generic guitar
[ ] - If Slipknot were a techno band.

Because I really hate the latter, and it's like the entire score.

THE FLINCH IN YOUR AIYE CAHLLS YOUR BLUHF
FEEL FREE TO DAIYHE WHEN YOU'VE HAHD ENOUGHF
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 8167